Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old July 8th, 2015, 08:15 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Holocron of Yoda

Place does equal move. Think Nakitas and Jotun. If Jotun throws a figure adjacent to a Nakita, Engagement Strike triggers.

Trust me. I argued this a long time ago. It's probably the only thing I still disagree with in HS but I guess it's the rules so what can I say?

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old July 8th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I've seen multiple posts talking about how place=move. Even with that, you aren't going to get 17 or 18 spaces out of Yoda in a single turn unless there is some other sort of bonding.

- Yoda moves 3 adjacent to a figure
- Uses MotF to move that figure 3
- If GWYIW is allowed to activate, Yoda can be placed on the opposite side of that figure.
- Yoda's move is over. He doesn't get to choose another figure. He activated MotF to move a figure then used another power - GWYIW. He doesn't get to go back to the well a second or third time for MotF. That part of it is worded properly.

I believe that ends up with 8 spaces.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 8th, 2015, 11:02 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

I believe YK was saying the force moves technically occur simultaneously, so he can be moved and still move 3 figures. He cannot, however, move 18 spaces. This less powerful only 1 move is still be pretty useful and was what I was trying to discover. New ways to use those 2 powers. Thanks for the clarifications!

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs / C3V Minis Index / HoSS Minis Index / My HS Joke Thread / HOC
Old July 8th, 2015, 11:15 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

The way you guys have it set up Mastery of the Force allows Theracus or Brunak to carry a figure when moving with Mastery of the Force. I'm pretty sure that's not the intention.

EDIT: DŁnd's crippling gaze would also trigger after getting moved by Yoda with this ruling.

As I understand it, "Before moving" should be read as "Before moving normally", ergo Yoda can't Go With Someone he Force Moved.

~Dysole, informationally

Dysole is the very MANLY and very BRAVE Sir Dupuis...
in
EHWAZ KEEP
Old July 9th, 2015, 08:10 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Since MotF occurs on 2 figures similutaneously could figures switch spots?

Last edited by Koolster25; July 9th, 2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:49 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Let's try to put some of this to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Theracus and Brunak shouldn't be able to use carry, regardless of whether or not we change the wording. Check out this FAQ I found in the Book of Saylind the Kyrie Warrior:
Quote:
Originally Posted by book of Saylind
- SPEAR OF SUMMONING : Activating Powers on Summoned Units Card
When Saylind uses her Spear of Summoning to move a figure with a special power like Carry that says “Before moving”, can that power on the moved card take effect?
No, the note of “Before moving” on powers like Carry refers to the normal movement of the figure. (Hasbro FAQ)
The first paragraph looks great.
Good catch!
So, no moving Yoda by using MotF on a figure with Carry.

Also, we are working on a clarification for Go With You I Will. It will require a "normal" move for Yoda to tag along. So, no moving a figure with MotF and then moving Yoda with GWYIW.

Quote:
Since MotF occurs on 2 figures similutaneously could figures switch spots?
You choose up to 3 figures at once, but you will be placing them one at a time. You could move one then move another into the first figure's original spot. Then you could potentially move a third figure into the second figure's original position. You can't move the first figure again since you can't choose it twice.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 9th, 2015, 12:38 PM

Yoda's turn. MotF. Chooses 2 figs. Levitates both at once and move fig1 to fig2's previous spot and fig2 to fig1's previous spot. They both vacate their spots when levitated and leave the area above when they are moved toward each other. Neither is in their starting spot when the other reaches their final destination.
The power never says "one at a time" and it implies that all movements occur simultaneously when it requires all figures to be picked at once and not one at a time. I understand when you physically pick up figure1 you cannot set it down on figure2's spot until you move fig2, which might be the logic others are applying. But if you use both hands and pick up fig1 and fig2 at the same time and swap them it is occurring simultaneously, just like the power. It perfectly reflects the power. (It doesn't work as well with 3 figs unless you have an extra hand )

Can someone please explain where this is wrong?

-Koolster25, hopefully helpfully keep the HoSS team on their toes by always looking for loopholes and unintended consequences

Old July 9th, 2015, 12:49 PM

I would say it's not a standard practice. Even powers that affect multiple figures, like an explosion attack, you resolve each defense separately. You don't roll all your dice at once - defense dice for one in you left hand, dice for another in your right hand, hold a dice cup in your teeth, and, if there are 4 figures another dice cup between your feet. Even though the explosion affects all at exactly the same moment. When moving a squad, do you move all 3 or 4 figures at the precisely the same time? IMO, you are reading too much into the power and adding something you hope is in there.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:49 PM

My objective is to raise a question about this topic of concern to determine the implications of this power. MotF is obviously not specific enough and open to interpretation because both of our interpretations are within the power rules. The next objective is to ask which is intended by the HoSS Council and to make an adjustment accordingly.

Old July 9th, 2015, 10:15 PM

I disagree that a change is needed in MotF to address the figures swapping positions. It is not expressed in the power, so don't read it in.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:18 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
One Word

Specifying empty space would clarify. It's why Jotun can't throw a figure right back where they were.

~Dysole, trying to be helpful

Dysole is the very MANLY and very BRAVE Sir Dupuis...
in
EHWAZ KEEP

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape