Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 30th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Vydar's place in D&Dscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I seem to remember a subset of Gnomes called Tinker Gnomes. Basically these Gnomes "tinkered" with bits of tech. Mostly steam-powered stuff, but that could fit Vydar.
We'd need to get a Dragonlance (I beleive Tinker Gnomes are Dragonlance) wave to get them though.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Agent Mike has disabled reputation

I think they need to add futuristic (human) soldiers to Vydar, sort of like what they did with the Microcorp Agents. This is obviously something we'd have to wait for though, since I assume D&D doesnt have hightech soldiers (this is my assumption, ive never played D&D). I like the idea of gnomes too, that might be an interesting mix.
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

Pretty sure this idea has been mulled over and examined from every angle in the speculation thread, so far warforged are the leading theory as to what "Vydar love" means in wave D2.

Goblins could go to Vydar seeing as how their personality is a tricky one, although everyone's first guess seems to be that they will go to Utgar.

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post

I don't really see gnomes fitting in with Vydar. DnD gnomes are capricious tricksters =/= Vydar. Besides, they're not even a core race anymore so I really don't see Wizards pushing Gnomes in the future.
How many Vydar units have the tricky personality already? While I agree that gnomes are unlikely to come out of D&D scape, they would fit Vydar just fine IMO.
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post

I don't really see gnomes fitting in with Vydar. DnD gnomes are capricious tricksters =/= Vydar. Besides, they're not even a core race anymore so I really don't see Wizards pushing Gnomes in the future.
How many Vydar units have the tricky personality already? While I agree that gnomes are unlikely to come out of D&D scape, they would fit Vydar just fine IMO.
I really hadn't looked at it that way. I suppose you could be right. I was just thinking they're too . . . light-hearted for Vydar.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I always thought gnomes would go to Ullar. But I could see them being Vydar. They could have a Tinker special ability that allowed repair of soulborgs maybe.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
Mark Twain
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM

hammerhead919 Woo who?

Here's kinda an oddball idea, but I think that Vydar could use a heavyweight race from D&D old, the Githyanki. Evil jokers, them, and none to fond of Mind Flayers, allies of Utgar's new bads, the Drow. Maybe just crazy talk, but then again, stranger things have been known to happen.
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I actually think that Mind Flayers would fit with Vydar.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
Mark Twain
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:47 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Mind flayers and githyanki with Vydar... Hmmmmm...
(Now to get WOTC reps to look at this thread, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. )
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:55 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

At this point, I'd take anything for poor old Vydar, who has now seen Aquilla come from nowhere to be about equal with him! Perhaps the Golem will be a Warforged Hero to go with Vydar as well? The Golem figure shown by now in many threads certainly looks like them, and the Warforged are basically golems themselves (magically animated artificial constructs).

Kurrock as Vydar works for me too, although its interesting that NONE of the Elementals are Vydar. Which turns him into a major hijacker of other peoples stuff...
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM

Orac has disabled reputation

yeah, why add Aquilla if it meant just ignoring one of the existing generals?

Of all the tings Aquilla has gotten, I really thought Dwarves would have gone to Vydar (at least my image of him would have fit with dwarves...)

I know it doesn't REALLY matter as far as the game goes, but I do like general-themed armies...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion