Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Shooting Over "Voids"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
The real funny part is how the void, which allows LOS, disallows line of effect. Is there a glass mountain in the way?
The only way my OCDs can let me stand this rule is imagining a huge gapping hole with a massive updraft of air. You can see across, but can't fly or shoot. And then I try really hard not to think about it anymore...
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
The real funny part is how the void, which allows LOS, disallows line of effect. Is there a glass mountain in the way?
The only way my OCDs can let me stand this rule is imagining a huge gapping hole with a massive updraft of air. You can see across, but can't fly or shoot. And then I try really hard not to think about it anymore...
Funny, I always thought of it as a "Balck hole" kind of thing, which sucked air into it
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I understand the reason for the rule as it is, but realistically it's hard to wrap your head around it.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I understand the reason for the rule as it is, but realistically it's hard to wrap your head around it.
Riiight.... But it's easy to wrap your head aroud aliens with weapons fused into them fighting Robots who are fighting Elves...

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Let's face it; the emperor wears no clothes! Heh heh. Seriously, play any way you want - the design and rules teams do a fabulous job with this game, and I'm just throwing tomatoes for laughs. Which reminds me of Dig Dug...

Old April 30th, 2010, 12:40 AM

Agent Mike has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Mike View Post
Ok, not it will hopefully work. This is what I am confused about:

[img] http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...ape%20Starter% [img]

If I were to count all the way around this the board, up to the bridge to get to the character, I would have to have a range of about 11 to hit him.

However, If I just count the hexes that CONNECT the bridge to the land terrain section, it would only account to this.

[img] http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...h_101_0493.jpg
[img]

The second scenario seems to make more sense to me, since the CONNECTING tiles show the distance between the top commando and the bottom one. Any help would be appreciated.
So here is the revised one, Im brand new when it comes to posting pictures, so bare with me.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:46 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Old April 30th, 2010, 12:47 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, not it will hopefully work. This is what I am confused about:

[img] http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...ape%20Starter% [img]

If I were to count all the way around this the board, up to the bridge to get to the character, I would have to have a range of about 11 to hit him.

However, If I just count the hexes that CONNECT the bridge to the land terrain section, it would only account to this.

[img] http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...h_101_0493.jpg
[img]

The second scenario seems to make more sense to me, since the CONNECTING tiles show the distance between the top commando and the bottom one. Any help would be appreciated.
So here is the revised one, Im brand new when it comes to posting pictures, so bare with me.
Mike just copy and paste the bottom tag under the pictures from photobucket...it is already formatted correctly
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:04 AM

Agent Mike has disabled reputation

...well, here is the tag from the first picture that didnt show up...

[img] http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/101_0492.jpg[img] void distance
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM
has been BANNED

Dont put spaces between the IMG tags and make sure you put the / in the second tag

Here is your picture and you would not be allowed to count the "spaces" between under the rules of the game. IF you are playing with your friends and you want to house rule that the voids are "poisoned waters" or "bottomless pits" that cannot be entered into then you would be in range.

Last edited by Onacara; April 30th, 2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:32 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I count 9 (around the left side). So each figure must have a range of 9 or more to hit the other.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I always thought this was one of the only rules Heroscape got wrong. It should either be a chasm; a giant, gaping hole that sinks to the pits of Hell that you could fly or shoot right across, or instead should be an invisible wall of force that cannot be passed over, through, or shot through.

This is simply anti-commonsense, which is the opposite of most of what Heroscape is about. I'd like to see this errata'd, since it makes absolutely no sense.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's