Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 7th, 2010, 12:20 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: May 8th event. Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, maybe Monta

Sounds cool. I'm hoping we can get some more people to come.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:13 PM
how do I look?

lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby!

going over some things but could use input on the time. For me it would be nothing to go from like 8 am till midnight but I know that won't work for traveling. The rest is pretty easy to tell, so I'll change the first post to something like this unless there is more inpur

Date: Saturday May 8th
Time: 11 AM till 6 PM (however unofficial play can continue much later)
Location: 1311 West 32 street, Cheyenne Wyoming. I-25 exit to Randel avenue, house is 2 blocks to the left at 6 way intersection.
Format: Informal tournament style. Rolling Rumble format. Games don't have a set time however if 3 turns take place with no attacks made then game is ended and winner is determined by full card value left on the map. There will be a mix of standard tournament maps and a few Heat of Battle maps using this format (link goes here after I edit). Also a single 4 player team game. Since the team game takes longer a win on it will count as 2 wins while a loss still only counts as one. Prizes will be very limited and not much dollar value. Players keep track of wins and losses themselves, I don't think anyone would be dishonest about win record when the prizes aren't much anyway.
Costs: none, but players are encouraged to bring money for Food, soda, and Heroscape purchases. If anyone wants to donate something for a prize they may, but the value should be very small, less than $5.
Armies: 555 point armies. Standard 24 hex starting zones, Retchets and AE do not count against this limit since they don't start on the map. No more than two different generals may be in the same army (Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villans each count as a seperate general). Also no more than 5 total common squads.

Maps listed on next post

The largest source of Heroscape in Wyoming Washington, now selling loads of terrain.
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:17 PM
how do I look?

lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby!

If the previous post looks good, I'll just replace the first post with it. One problem I have right now about posting map info is that my laptop broke down yet again and so I can't really bring it to the map to record the info onto Virtualscape. Pictures are going to have to be good enough for now. I just need to get those pictures taken. I realize I've neglected getting this post caught up with the info like I said I would do about 2 weeks ago. Partially this is due to being busy but also because I recently got an Xbox 360 and have been distracted by that. I also still have not really seen how people are able to efficiently link to other posts and maps, I've been trying to figure it out but after 2 years on Heroscapers haven't figured it out, but I'll at least get links to the proper threads.

We did get the playtesting done of the team map and it works the way I wanted it to. Players still need to defend their castles but if they shell up in the castle and never come out at all they will lose. The one team lost because one player kept his castle top full of archers and never sent anyone into the battle, the other team. The goal was to have a game that lasted about 90 minutes but not over 2 hours. Twelve victory points are possible and I had placed the goal at 5, but that was reached within 2 rounds. Then I bumped it up to 7 points and it took a bit over 2 hours, but we were also distracted with other things. Made a few modifications to the draft pool and the map, but the over all goals and rules were great and so needed no modifications. I'll post the rules in the next post and attempt to edit it with screen shots and then eventually get it onto the 2nd post.

The largest source of Heroscape in Wyoming Washington, now selling loads of terrain.

Last edited by lafleurhero; April 16th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old April 16th, 2010, 05:32 PM
how do I look?

Format for 4 player game
- Set aside your normal armies, this one is a draft.
- Teams of two players, one attacker and one defender on each team.
- Teams are on the same side of the table with attacer opposite of the other teams Defenders castle.
- Winning team is based on victory points
- 6 glyphs are scattered through the map 4 glyphs of Brandar, 1 Glyph of Summoning (special rules), 1 Glyph of Mittensol
- The Glyph of Summoning summons Mimring to fight for the player who uncovered the glyph. On the next round Mimring may be used as part of that players army, however this is a double edged sword as the enemy scores a bonus victory point for killing Mimring.
- Glyphs of Brandar simply give that team a point, see scoring below
draft procedures
- Roll for which team drafts first, winning team Either picks 2 cards first or lets the other team pick 2 cards first.
- Second team picks 4 cards, alternating each team picks 4 cards until only 2 cards are left.
- Each team should now have 30 cards to build armies from. The total of both team members may not go over 1000 points. Player 1 may have, for exampe, 350 points of figures while player 2 has 650 points of figures.
- The 24 hex rule does not apply, starting zones are a bit larger however the attacker is still partially restricted, keep that in mind when building.
- Note that about half of the cards drafted by each army will probably not actually be used, so there is plenty of room to draft figures simply to keep the enemy from getting them. Keep this in mind when picking your 4 figures, you probably want to take everything that synergizes at the same time.
- All common cards have 2 cards available. If you take one common card you must take both of them, even if you don't use both in your army, therefore a draft turn can be 4 uniques, 2 sets of commons, or 1 set of commons and 2 uniques.
- Cards available for draft are:
Uniques (36 total)
10- Otonashi
20- Kyntela Gwyn
30- Guilty McCreech
50- Tarn Viking Warriors
60- Deadeye Dan
60- Shiori
60- Izumi Samurai
65- Johny "Shotgun" Sullivan
75- James Murphy
75- Khosumet The Darklord
80- Thorgrim TVC
80- Finn TVC
80- Erevan Sunshadow
80- Kumiko
80- Emirron
90- Retiarius
90- Crixus
90- Sir Hawthorne
90- Chardris
100- Kozuke Samurai
100- Gurei-Oni
100- Morsbane
100- Jorhdawn
100- Sir Denrick
110- Valguard
110- Ninjas of the Northern Wind
110- Acolarh
110- Dund
110- Moriko
120- Tandros Kreel
130- Hatamoto Taro
150- Sir Dupuis
160- Sonlen
200- Kato Katsuro
200- Spartacus
225- Jotun
Commons(24 total both cards must be drafted together)
25- Dumutef Guard
40- Ashigaru Yari
50- Warriors of Ashra
55- Roman Archers
60- Ashigaru Harquebus
65- Tagawa Samurai Archers
75- Dzu-Teh
75- Anubian Wolves
80- Macdirk Warriors
80- Wolves of Badru
100- Granite Guardians
120- Templar Cavalry

Scoring
Permanent
1 point for each glyph of Brandor found (4 possible)
1 point for killing Mimring, if he is fighting for the other team
1 point for finishing off a player
1 point for destroying enemy castle door (temporary if door is controlled)
Temporary
1 point for soul possesion of a castle top (3 hexes) (2 possible)
1 point for soul possesion of the bridge
1 point for soul possesion of a desert island (2 possible)
1 point for controlling enemy castle door (permenent if door is destroyed)

First team to 7 points is the winner. Instant win if both teamates are eliminated, but I don't see this ever happening.

Last edited by lafleurhero; April 16th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:03 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds like a good plan. Any news on who is planning on coming? I've still got three others that are pretty sure, two or three maybes, and myself. There seems to be a unified opinion (minus myself) however that if my crew composes the majority of the group showing up, they'd rather stay home and play at my house instead of driving all the way to Cheyenne. I apologize for that, but I think it is understandable.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:10 AM
how do I look?

unfortunatly I don't have much. 2 for sures and 2 maybes locally. Still have not heard anything from Colorado or Nebraska. Both have events between now and then. I have the day off so one way or another I will be playing heroscape then. I wasn't against having it in Casper but I've already built that main map and I wouldn't be able to transport it. I'd eithre only be able to bring one or two maps or tear down that map I worked so hard on without getting to play on it for real. I hope to get a few more people interested bettween now and then. Keeping in mind it is still more than 2 weeks away and a lot of people won't decide until the last few days

Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM

Right. Well, we're keeping it on the plan, but they're pretty adamently stating that if there aren't more than just a couple of people that aren't from our group, they aren't interested in driving that far. I really am sorry

Jugger

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events