Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:56 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Question Most 'Mis-factioned' Unit?

Hey there,
So, who do you think, of all the amazing units we've been gifted over the years, and Dünd, who do you feel is least at home in their respective faction?
I'm going to have to go with Sudema, in Vydar, because she is obviously based on Medusa, the mythological character from ancient Greece.
There are 3 main themes portrayed in the units of 'scape, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and History, Sudema is clearly a fantasy unit, with a slight hint of history, being based upon whom she is. Whereas Vydar is almost entirely Sci-Fi, the only theme not even remotely embodied in Sudema. To me, she seems to belong in Utgar, as Medusa was very much an evil figure in mythology.
Please, tell me who else you think ended up in the wrong faction, I can't wait to hear them!
Samthegoat
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Most 'Mis-factioned' Unit?

I think the reason they put Sudema in Vydar, is because she's an enemy of Khosumet, who is with Utgar. It's an odd fit though.

To answer your question, the Dwarves seem like they were given to Aquilla just to fill out her ranks. They don't really seem to fit under any of the generals IMO but the best choice would've been Jandar.

All in all, I feel like Aquilla is very tacked on, and Ullar could've used some more units.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; February 2nd, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Talking Re: Most 'Mis-factioned' Unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I think the reason they put Sudema in Vydar, is because she's an enemy of Khosumet, who is with Utgar. It's an odd fit though.

To answer your question, the Dwarves seem like they were given to Aquilla just to fill out her ranks. They don't really seem to fit under any of the generals IMO but the best choice would've been Jandar.

All in all, I feel like Aquilla is very tacked on, and Ullar could've sued some more units.
Well, he is notorious for taking units to court if they don't roll well enough!
Samthegoat
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I've always hated that Frost Giant is for Utgar. I understand in DnD giants are evil, but DnD Heroscape should be more about Heroscape than DnD. It just begs to be under Jandar; a giant who is both snow and a viking. And it's not like Utgar needed more units (like always).

Other than that I'm pretty fine with things. Sudema for Vydar is okay to me because Vydar has some stone-cold personalities like all the soulborgs so her personality isn't out of place. She could have gone to Utgar though. Aquilla as a whole has a wild-theme, like parties that are on their own, so the Dwarves seem fitting. Einar would be my other choice for them. Granite Guardians I could see belonging to Ullar to go along with the more mythical presence, but Aquilla isn't a horrible fit.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:27 PM

I can't help but agree with you for the Frost Giant, I don't own him myself, but I fully expected Jandar to get get a giant when I first heard about him, so it was a bit of a shock when I first saw the card! I'm also with you wholeheartedly about it being more 'scape than D&D, to the point when it actually annoys me to see people complain about things like not all wyrmlings being evil!
Samthegoat
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, I don't own the Frost Giant so I forgot about him, but when you look at the figure you never think Utgar.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Granite Guardians I could see belonging to Ullar
My thoughts exactly. This came to mind almost the instant I read the premise of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
So, who do you think, of all the amazing units we've been gifted over the years, and Dünd,
Don't hate on Dund. He can be good in the right situation. That can be said for alot of 'scape units. Even on their own, without specific situations in mind, Dund is still better than some other units. (cough) Hatamoto Taro (cough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
I'm going to have to go with Sudema, in Vydar,
Nah, she fits. Early on the designers tried to branch out and give each of the generals something that was out of theme. Look at the cowboys or the soulborgs, they are spread across the generals.

The weird one to me is Ana K (however-its-spelled). The healer from the D&D master set. A fantasy cleric/healer in Einar. Totally not historical.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:32 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Master Win Chiu Woo should not be in Aquilla. I think the monks are a perfect fit for Ullar. They are intellectual and reserved, which I imagine are the most appealing traits for Ullar. So it seems rather out of place to have Master Woo be separated from his fellow monks and be placed with the wild and unruly Aquilla.

The only reason he was placed there was so Aquilla could have another hero I think.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM

I'd never considered Ana Karithon (?) before, but now that you mention it, I can definately see her in Jandar, maybe even Ullar.
Samthegoat
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
The only reason he was placed there was so Aquilla could have another hero I think.
He was the first Aquilla unit.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I always thought that Erevan Sunshadow should have been Ullar and Ana, Jandar. This way the party would have been balanced and those two characters would have fit a little better.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Guys, your kidden me, right?

The most misfactioned unit is: Cyprien! He's obviously a straight Jandar.

I think all of Valkirill should belong to Utgar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units