Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker
Hivelord army advice

I'm going to be playing a 450 pt. game and I would like to field a Marro Hivelord Army.

I will be facing an army that includes Cyprien, Sonya, Marcu, Marro Warriors (along with some other assorted units).

I was planning on fielding this:

Su-Bak-Na 160
Wo-Sa-Ga 135
Marro Stings 60
Nagrubs x3 90
___

I figured SBN is a good Cyprien counter (with flying and big attack) and even one squad of Stingers can contribute.

Are there merit to these alternatives:

Tor-Kul-Na 220
Su-Bak-Na 160
Nagrubs x2 60
Otonashi/Isamu 10
__

Or

Tor-Kul-Na 220
Su-Bak-Na 160
M. Stings 60
Otonashi/Isamu 10
___

Last edited by jedilou; October 7th, 2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hivelord army advice

This is in the wrong section but that's neither here nor there...

If you have 450 points to spend why are you only doing 250? Anyway, I'd add some drones if you have any (12-15...).

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:32 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Brandon,

Thanks for your input.

You're right, this should've been in the competitive armies section - HELP please!! My apologies and thanks in advance to the admins.

I've fixed the army totals. I mistakenly posted before editting fully and temporarily couldn't get back in (my computer/internet problem, not a site problem).

So, anyone think I should go with the latter armies over the first one?

What about The B.I.V.'s suggestion re: Drones? I do have multiple sets (5 - I believe).

I thank everyone in advance for any input they may provide.

Last edited by jedilou; October 7th, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM

Sphere knows what's in an order marker Sphere knows what's in an order marker

Is there a particular reason to stick with a Hivelord army? The most effective way to deal with Cyprien is to use Soulborgs.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Between the armies you have up, I'd go with the second one.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Sphere, no real reason for the Hivelord army. It's just a friendly game and I wanted something thematic. Hivelords seemed like as fun a theme to run with .... though maybe not "the best".

Thanks to all for your input. Much appreciated.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

If you have room, I'd actually try Wo-Sa-Ga. With the 6 attack and CC, she'd have a good chance of autokilling Cyprien should she get close enough for an attack.

EDIT: I saw you have WSG in the first army. I guess I just mean to say she's a better choice than SBN.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

How about this:
SBN 160
Nagrubs x3 250
Wo-So-Ga 385
Marro Warriors 435
Isamu 445

Take SBN and see if you can fly past everybody quickly enough to get to Sonya. You may have to take a couple engagement rolls but it'll be worth it to kill Sonya quickly. It shouldn't take any more than 2 turns at MOST to kill her. Then do as much damage as you can on the rest of his army with SBN.

Then Deploy Wo-So-Ga. Have him slither right up on to Cyprien trying to Coil Crush him. You should be able to get a couple chances to roll the d20 with the 6 attack.

Make sure you keep all your markers on the nagrubs putting out a screen. With Wo-So-Ga, you may need to eat a couple of nagrubs and don't be afraid to do that.

Then use the Marro Warriors as clean-up and make sure you keep them spread out to utilize their full potential.

You may also take a more conservative approach and lead out with your marro warriors. Keep them spread out across the map, and get them on height with your 6 movement. You may also want to keep at least 1 in water if there is any on the map to respawn if you get down on numbers. Focus on taking pot shots on Cyprien. The reason you want to keep them spread out is so Cyprien can't fly from warrior to warrior and kill them. Do not move them adjacent if they are within Cyprien's reach at all costs.

Once your warriors are dead lead in with Wo-So-Ga and SBN to kill whatever they can. This should be the end of the game and you should win. If you still have a couple annoying little squaddie figures the you always have the ninja.

I personally like the latter strategy as it utilizes the MWs more. But you may choose which you want. Hope you do well and tell us how it goes.

Last edited by pti8; October 7th, 2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM

My report is not pretty. I got slaughtered, partly due to poor rolls but largely due to a major gaffe in execution.

I fielded the army of:

Su-Bak-Na
Wo-Sa-Ga
Nagrubs x3
Marro Stingers x1

against a hodgepodge army of:

Cyprien
Sonya
Marcu
Marro Warriors
Zettian Guards
Me-Burq-Sa
Arrow Gruts x1
Swog Rider x1

I sent my Stingers out to meet my opponents Warriors and Gruts. They both did some damage, but losing Stingers w/o multiples hurt quickly.

I sent out my Hivelords with a few Nagrubs. WSG got chewed up from range and only got one attack in - I think he may have taken out one Warrior or Grut.

I tied up a lot of my opponents range with Nagrubs so the SBN (I was in the process when WSG took a pounding).

SBN took a beating but finally got down to Sonya - roll 7 dice, measley 2 skulls for one wound. He manages to swing around and get a shot at Cyprien, same deal - 2 skulls, for one wound. He gets one last lick in on Cyrien, same thing - 2 skulls for 1 wound.
Then SBN gets taken out.

At this point I just have Nagrubs. I fought it out but it was hopeless vs. 1 Zettian, Cyrien, Sonya, Marcu, Me-Burq-Sa.

Cyprien just came out and feasted on Nagrbus.

Where did I go so wrong?
I tied down my advancing Nagrubs early (to tie up opponent's range) but failed to efficiently bring more up the field.

I totally failed to use the Nagrubs for their most important use -- food for the Hivelords. As a result, my Hivelords could not do much. I was waytoo focused on getting to Big Daddy Vampire (I guess I was distrated by watching the debate as well BUT that is no good excuse). I should have moved up everything en masse, taken out the range, fed the Hivelords and THEN taken on Cyp and Sonya. Next time!!!!
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

You failed by playing Wo-Sa-Ga and Su-Bak-Na. In my opinion, they just can't survive long enough to be viable. Maybe SBN if you use him for a surgical strike and score big with it, but that's it.

I think Tor-Kul-Na is the only hivelord that has any real merit, but thats just my two cents....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Grubs x3 - 310
Stingers x3 - 490
Isamu - 500

Looks a little better, eh mister cactus?

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Yes, it does. Though I really like this one...

Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Grubs x2 - 60
Stingers x4 - 240

Total = 520

Although we're getting away from the point total here....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion