Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 30th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Mr.Fullerton Woo who?
Re: Rampant Ninth Wizard Speculation

I've always been partial to the idea of Sonlen being the 9th wizard. I know he is an Archmage, but maybe he's the head-honcho, so he gets the title Archmage instead of a simple wizard. I'm pretty sure that's not correct (about 99.9%) but it would make me happy since Sonlen is my favorite sculpt and card in the game.
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Actually, Ulginesh is the leader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulginesh's Bio
Heroscape Character Bio: Bright moonlight flashes off the end of an emerald staff throwing green sparks of light dancing in the elf's eyes. Ulginesh, eldest and leader of The Nine, links minds with his companions below and shows them what he sees from his winged-mount, they use this vision to find their way through the tangled wood at great speed.

The Order of the Crimson Sigil races with all their might to aid the princess Kyntela. She carries the Dire Stone and the wolves are on the hunt.
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fullerton View Post
I've always been partial to the idea of Sonlen being the 9th wizard. I know he is an Archmage, but maybe he's the head-honcho, so he gets the title Archmage instead of a simple wizard. I'm pretty sure that's not correct (about 99.9%) but it would make me happy since Sonlen is my favorite sculpt and card in the game.
We have been told that Sonlen is not the 9th Wizard.
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM

Mr.Fullerton Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Actually, Ulginesh is the leader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulginesh's Bio
Heroscape Character Bio: Bright moonlight flashes off the end of an emerald staff throwing green sparks of light dancing in the elf's eyes. Ulginesh, eldest and leader of The Nine, links minds with his companions below and shows them what he sees from his winged-mount, they use this vision to find their way through the tangled wood at great speed.

The Order of the Crimson Sigil races with all their might to aid the princess Kyntela. She carries the Dire Stone and the wolves are on the hunt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fullerton View Post
We have been told that Sonlen is not the 9th Wizard.
Two things I must now go do. 1) Learn to read the story and bios... 2) Learn to keep up with the current news. Thank you to both of you for updating me on this info. Now I'm extremely curious. I like the idea of ice/water attacks. I"m a HUGE elf fan when it comes to any game.
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
So, something like...

Queen Whatshername

Elf
Unique Hero
Queen
Valiant
Medium 4

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

90 points

Elf [Wizard] Defense Aura
All elf Wizards you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Queen Whatshername roll 2 additional defense dice.

That might be all they need. I put the wizard in brackets because I haven't tested this idea out at all, and it might be an unnecessary restriction. I also made her type queen, but I guess she could just as easily be a wizard too.

You could maybe also tack on Elven Leadership, which would add 1 movement to all elves you control.
Nice concept, but why not just pick RotV Raelin in this scenario? For 10 points less, you get an aura with the same effect, but one space more range, and works for everyone. You also get one more defense, one more move, and flying. The only true advantage here is her one additional life point, and the fact that she can boost the 4th Mass., but some of them could be boosted even further by Raelin's aura. I guess that you could go as far as to say that the one less height helps avoid some ranged scuffles, but strategically there is no true benefit here.

Maybe this could give her an advantage over the Jandar's angel:

Elven Royalty Inspiration

For every elf within 3 clear sight spaces of Queen Elf Mama, roll one additional defense dice when defending with any friendly elves within 3 clear sight spaces of Queen Elf Mama, up to an additional +4 defense dice. Queen Elf Mama is not affected by her own Elven Royalty Inspiration ability.

Though it could be toned down to +3 defense, I think that this would make her at least as viable in elven builds as Raelin.

Just my , though...

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

If Ulginesh is the eldest and leader of the nine, that would seem to preclude a queen reporting to him. I'm thinking the ninth will not be the queen.
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Three reasons for taking her over Raelin.

1. She's an elf, so she could be summoned by Emirroon.
2. She's an elf, so she could have 3 defense when standing next to Kyntela Gwyn.
3. Who says you can't get Raelin as well?

She could also have some sort of Arcane Conduit ability that makes her count as a Wizard for the purposes of Flame Strike and Rain of Flames. (or whatever J-dawn and Chardris' specials are called).

It'd be interesting if they made a queen figure and a 9th wizard. Call him Mejas the Shockinator and give him chain lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Elven Royalty Inspiration

For every elf within 3 clear sight spaces of Queen Elf Mama, roll one additional defense dice when defending with any friendly elves within 3 clear sight spaces of Queen Elf Mama, up to an additional +4 defense dice. Queen Elf Mama is not affected by her own Elven Royalty Inspiration ability.

Though it could be toned down to +3 defense, I think that this would make her at least as viable in elven builds as Raelin.

Just my , though...

-scorp
Now that's just nasty. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman View Post
If Ulginesh is the eldest and leader of the nine, that would seem to preclude a queen reporting to him. I'm thinking the ninth will not be the queen.
Agreed!
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:37 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Make Jexik's Queen a wizard and she offers some obvious advantages over Raelin in an elf army (as noted by Jexik).

I really hope we see the ninth wizard in wave 9. I love the elves. I don't have much to offer but what I really hope for is something totally different and new and very wizardy. The wizards are a very delicate (if not particularly strong) balance involving a bucket load of synergy such that any new addition must be made with great care, unless it is just another ranged special attack but I'm hoping for something truly different and unexpected.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units