Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old April 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM

Slaader is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Virtualscape help

I have a few questions about the 1.052 release of virtualscape

1) Why do I always have an extra level on my build instructions? My map is only 4 levels high, but the instructions print up a level 5 (with nothing on it).

2) How do I create a high quality image of my 3d map? The camera icon never seems to be available.

3) Is there a help file online? The help window tells me the page I requested cannot be displayed.

Thanks!
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:20 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Re: Virtualscape help

1) Must be an oversight. I had never noticed it before, but sure enough, you get an extra grid.

2) The camera icon should become available after building the 3d image using the icon that looks like 3 gold bricks.

3) A help file doesn't exist. If it did, it would probably be in French as well, as that is where Zzzzz is. However, posting here will usually get you some relatively quick answers.
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Still not luck on the camera icon. Even in 3D mode its not available.
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM

And you have the 3d window in the foreground when you are trying this, correct?

There is also one other possibility. That would be that your video card is old enough that it does not support OpenGL. But, it would have to be pretty old (several years) for that to be likely.

Last edited by TOG; April 24th, 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:26 PM

That might be it. The laptop I'm on is a bit old. I just took a .bmp and let photobucket convert it to a jpg.
Old April 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM

You could try 1) making sure your video drivers are up to date, and 2) there is some free software available that checks for OpenGL compatibility. (google it) That might give you some answers.
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

If your video card does not support openGL, the high res/shadowing is unavailable. This is an atribute of your video card. If your video card does not support it, there is not anything you can do* short of replacing the video card which is not really an option on a laptop.

* it is possible, however unlikely, that a firmware upgrade for you gard could inable openGL but if it is an older laptop, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old April 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Well, I can render the shadows fine. The only feature I don't have access to is the high quality image button.
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Slaader, I'm not sure if this is an issue, but on my PC I've noticed that the High Quality option isn't available unless I have the shadows tunred *on*.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:15 PM

Hmm I'll have to try that out tonight. I just took a .bmp, and can always convert it to another file using photoshop. I was just curious about the bug.

I've got to find a place to host the .pdf and the virtualscape file, then my map thread domination will begin!
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Get one of these and you can host them right here.
Old April 25th, 2008, 03:45 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaader View Post
Well, I can render the shadows fine. The only feature I don't have access to is the high quality image button.
Please can you confirm that to me because I checked my code one minute ago and I saw that if you turn on shadow the high quality mode must be enable. I confirm also that if you don't have all OpenGL necessary extensions shadow will not be available.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software