Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 28th, 2007, 12:28 PM

kijid has disabled reputation
Heroscape: Treasure Quest

Some new projects I have been working on are on page 6. I can not seem to edit the title of this thread?!

Some in progress (about 70% complete) shots of a forest scene using my customized Heroscape tiles for my miniature board game "Treasure Quest"... Enjoy!

Seaendithas Pegason Leads the party...

Our Party meets an unfriendly band of creatures!

Ricdak Urthadar summons a Skeleton to battle!

Rain'Jah surveys the landscape...

A pair of Nothics emerge!

Granan Milner takes front and center.

Cougars in back...

Brigands in front!

(The tiles are not interlocked at this point because they have not been sealed yet.)

BLAST

Xtreme Geek

Last edited by kijid; December 30th, 2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: New pictures
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:40 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
That looks incredible!!!
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I love the trees! Care to share where they are from?
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Syvarris the Ruler has disabled reputation
Wow, I love the "dirt" spots on the grass. That's just incredible.

Good traders:

Utgarsrage
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:38 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Your flocked terrain is absolutely amazing! How much of it is flocked?
Old December 28th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Very nice! Treasure Quest? Do share!

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Gotta know if the trees are store bought or self made. If the latter, TUTORIAL PLEASE!!!!!

Amazing work btw...

Old December 29th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Gotta know if the trees are store bought or self made. If the latter, TUTORIAL PLEASE!!!!!

Amazing work btw...

Hi,
I guess it's a combination of both.
I bought "Tree Kits" from Woodland Scenics (www.woodlandscenics.com) and "made" the kits. They are very affordable, easy to make and look fantastic! I highly recommend them.
To make them I just took the "trunks" out of the packaging, twisted them into "tree shapes", assembled them with pva glue, applied a brown wash and drybrushed them different shades of brown. Once they dried I applied Hob-e Tac (which comes with the kits or is available seperately) and them pressed on the foliage. I sprayed them with Sceneic Cement to seal (although this did not work the greatest and am going to try another seal with Hairspray). They are glued directly onto painted single hex tiles and the bases are brushed with Scenic Cement and then flocked with a dirt/ ballast mix and a "Blended Turf" (Woodland Scenics Green Blend T1349) flock.

Steve

Xtreme Geek
Old December 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific
Your flocked terrain is absolutely amazing! How much of it is flocked?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I will guess;

The tiles are first painted with a green acrylic paint. Any spots where I want dirt patches are then painted "Burnt Umber". I then brushed the tiles with Scenic Cement (in between the hexes as well). Woodland Scenics "Fine Turf: Earth T1342" was applied for the dirt patches and then Woodland Scenics "Blended Turf: Green Blend T1349" is applied for the "grassy" ground. You have to make sure to apply to the dirt first because the dirt sits "below" the grass. If you apply the grass first the dirt will sit on top and looks funny.
Contrary to other tutorials, I choose to entirely flock the tiles (between the hexes). I used Scenic Cement (not white glue), which is very thin, to apply the flock, so I do not run into problems with stacking the tiles.

Hope that answers your question!

BLAST

Xtreme Geek
Old December 29th, 2007, 06:02 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Very nice! Welcome to the site!
Old December 30th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Awesome looking terrain, kijid!!

Thanks for posting the pictures. Do you have the rules for your game available and where did you get the well?

Newb.
Old December 30th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Yes the flocking, trees & other customs are great, but the photography is amazing!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles