Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Virtualscape help

This problem give me an idea. If someone want a release of virtualscape in another language, you just need to translate a txt file. If you have time, you need and you want, I can send you the text file and when you send me the translated version I will generate the langue.dll. after that you will have virtualscape in your language. (Sorry but I'm not sure that this is possible for special language like chinese with special character but we can try).
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:17 PM

bmad costs too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmad View Post
mine is in french so i dont know what half of the stuff is and it says when i click on the icon it says cant find files blank and blank.
If it is still in French then you have not followed Cavalier's directions correctly. You need to:

1. Download the English version.
2. Right click on the zipped folder and select "Extract all..."
3. Launch VirtualScape from the default directory. Do not move it somewhere else or it won't know where to find its own helper files!

Regarding your 3D problems, this may be because you haven't installed VirtualScape as above or it may be because you don't have the proper OpenGL, or because your video card doesn't support the proper OpenGL extensions. In the latter case the 3D rendering will never work on your machine. The answer to how to troubleshoot these problems is buried in this thread, but you should be able to find them easily using the search function.

As a final note, welcome to the site! Since you're new around here I highly suggest you read the following:

Forum Conduct
How to use this site
Better Posting and You

As Cavalier mentioned, you're much more likely to get help from folks if you post using proper capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. That's the standard expected around here, and doing that shows us that you want to fit in and be a part of this community.
Okay thanks fror the imformation.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM

Q-Lok Woo who?

Beg your pardon, folks. I'm a new member of the site, but I've been following both Heroscape and Heroscapers.com for some time now.

Anyhow, on to my actual question:
I know this has already been discussed in the main VS thread, but I'm having trouble printing my maps properly. Each time that I attempt to print a render, the screenshot that VS prints contains the spooling window. However, after about an hour of frustrated Googling, I have been unable to find the OpenGL drivers that Zzzzz recommends, been able to make a preview image, print properly to PDF, or use any of the other workarounds suggested in that thread. Additionally, I cannot find the OpenGL drivers necessary to render shadows either.

I would be much obliged for any help offered on this problem.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Lok View Post
Beg your pardon, folks. I'm a new member of the site, but I've been following both Heroscape and Heroscapers.com for some time now.

I know this has already been discussed in the main VS thread, but I'm having trouble printing my maps properly. Each time that I attempt to print a render, the screenshot that VS prints contains the spooling window. However, after about an hour of frustrated Googling, I have been unable to find the OpenGL drivers that Zzzzz recommends, been able to make a preview image, print properly to PDF, or use any of the other workarounds suggested in that thread. Additionally, I cannot find the OpenGL drivers necessary to render shadows either.

•I would be much obliged for any help offered on this problem.
What is your video card? It may not even support open GL.

•The spooling window is an unfortunate 'feature' of your print driver. Some have had luck quickly dragging it off of the screen.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM

Q-Lok Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

•I would be much obliged for any help offered on this problem.
What is your video card? It may not even support open GL.

•The spooling window is an unfortunate 'feature' of your print driver. Some have had luck quickly dragging it off of the screen.
Unfortunately, I can't just drag it off, since this computer is fast enough to do that part too quickly. Also, the card is an NVIDIA GeForce, though I can't find the box or any other documentation to check exactly what model (and of course have no idea how to check it using the system itself). Also, I've downloaded the drivers (using the automatic selector that NVIDIA provides, so I still don't know what the model is) and it's actually made the situation worse. For some reason, downloading the drivers has disabled OpenGL, or at least its ability to read the texture files. The result is that my VS renders have all the 3D models in place, but all of them appear completely black with no shading or lighting at all. Any hints?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:37 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Click on Start

Click on Run

Type in 'dxdiag' (without the single quotes) and press ENTER

At the bottom of the dxdiag window you will see a button labeled Save All Information. Click this button and save the information to your desktop.

Next, open up the text file you just saved using Notepad, click Edit on the menu bar at the top, click on Select All, then click Edit again, and click Copy.

The entire text file has now been saved on the clipboard and can be pasted into an forum post.

It will identify every aspect of your computer, including the video card, the driver version. etc.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM

Awesomesauce *glass shatters*

hey do any of you people know how to make a thread seriously?

I'm new so yea

teehee!
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wrong thread.
But, just because you can't make a thread doesn't mean you can't find an appropriate one to put that in.
There's a big button at the top of every seperate forum that says, "Post New Thread". Seriously...

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Authentic VS Question:
I just tried to open up a .hsc file and I got this message.

"File version too recent."

I am pretty sure I downloaded VS 1.061 so does this mean I need to get an update?

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:39 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Authentic VS Question:
I just tried to open up a .hsc file and I got this message.

"File version too recent."

I am pretty sure I downloaded VS 1.061 so does this mean I need to get an update?

~ET86
Newest version is 1.062

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Q-Lok Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Click on Start

Click on Run

Type in 'dxdiag' (without the single quotes) and press ENTER

At the bottom of the dxdiag window you will see a button labeled Save All Information. Click this button and save the information to your desktop.

Next, open up the text file you just saved using Notepad, click Edit on the menu bar at the top, click on Select All, then click Edit again, and click Copy.

The entire text file has now been saved on the clipboard and can be pasted into an forum post.

It will identify every aspect of your computer, including the video card, the driver version. etc.
Okay, thank you, but I don't need to know that I have an NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX card. What I need to know is why OpenGL is having so many issues despite the fact that I already know that it's compatible. For now, I'm just using a laptop on which OpenGL does not currently have any problems other than not being able to render shadows. I suppose I'll just go back to lurking in the shadows again for now until I can get my PDFs looking a little better and/or have a proper set of maps ready for posting.
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Okay, thank you, but I don't need to know that I have an NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX card. What I need to know is why OpenGL is having so many issues despite the fact that I already know that it's compatible. For now, I'm just using a laptop on which OpenGL does not currently have any problems other than not being able to render shadows. I suppose I'll just go back to lurking in the shadows again for now until I can get my PDFs looking a little better and/or have a proper set of maps ready for posting.
The dxdiag helps people identify if your video drivers are up to date.

Just because it is supposed to be OpenGL compatible doesn't mean it is. QTip's desktop is supposed to be but it clearly isn't. Neither is my laptop, but it is supposed to compatible to OpenGL 2.0.

Googling "geforce4 mx opengl support", the first 10 hits or so leads me to believe that your setup may be less than fully compatible as well.

However, it's not the end of the world. If you are just looking to get photo pictures of your maps, there are several folks around here that would do that for you, if you asked.

BTW, here is a link to the correct drivers for your card, assuming of course that you are using WindowsXP. Make sure you uninstall the existing drivers before you install the new ones. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

Last edited by TOG; December 29th, 2008 at 10:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software