Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Re: Hivelord army advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Yes, it does. Though I really like this one...

Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Grubs x2 - 60
Stingers x4 - 240

Total = 520

Although we're getting away from the point total here....
Haha, I had that one thought up, but I didn't want to post it due to jacking of the thread...

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
You failed by playing Wo-Sa-Ga and Su-Bak-Na. In my opinion, they just can't survive long enough to be viable. Maybe SBN if you use him for a surgical strike and score big with it, but that's it.

I think Tor-Kul-Na is the only hivelord that has any real merit, but thats just my two cents....
and you will be seeing him on NHSD!............

I SMOKE ROCKS!
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think the only problem with the army is the use of two hive lords coupled with a low point total (450).

Take out one and fill with more Stingers (and/or Drones), would have made a big difference IMO.

Here are two builds I'm briging to NHSD worth 450.

Wo-Sa-Ga
Stingers x4
Nagrubs x2

Su-Bak-Na
Drones x3
Stingers x2
Marcu Esenwein

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Last edited by nyys; October 8th, 2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:21 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

nyys,

I think you are right. It was too much to cram two Hivelords into an 450 pt. army. Especially when they both have limited survivability (SBN - 5 life, 3 defense; WSG - 4 life, 4 defense). Failing to use the walking life markers -- err Nagrub -- certainly didn't help.

In hindsight, more Stingers would've certainly helped, as they were my only ranged units.

Thanks for all the insights.
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Wardog13 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hmmm.....

I think a good thing to do is replace Wo-Sa-Ga with the Hive itself, let's see how that works...

Marro Hive:160pts
Tor-Kul-Na:220 pts
Marro Stingersx1:60pts

440 points now...hmmm.... and from what I'm looking at, thats a 450-500 point army. I would add some more Stingers and Nagrubs to fill up that gap. Even though the Hive can't move, it'll make more and more and MORE nagrubs and Stingers, making your army annoying, keep Tor-Kul-Na alive by feeding him Nagrubs and keep the grubs coming with the hive, also using youre Stingers as a kamikaze force, since you could always bt=ring 'em back. While the ranged ones are hittin' on the Stingers you could send the big guy to take care of the others, no? That'll either eradicate their army with no major damage to your people or make your buddy SO annoyed he'll forfeit.

Thats all i gots ta say

Wardog 13 out

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes you just get the ol' train.
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think you're missing something here Wardog13. The point total stated was 450, so the Hive in that build of 440 is nearly useless since there's only one common Marro Squad to rebirth (the Stingers).

Also even boosting it up to 500 you can't fit more Stingers and Nagrubs, it's one or the other (one more set of Stingers or two sets of Nagrubs).

Lastly, the hive only rebirths common Marro Squad figures, the Nagrubs are not Marro, they are Marrden.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion