Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker
Alastair is the King of the Beach

Alastair is the King of the Beach … must be the kilt keeps him cool.

So I was staying at a friend’s cottage this weekend, which was all of five minutes from the beach. My GF is pretty cool with the 'Scaping so we brought it out one day on the beach. I pre-drafted two 500-pt. armies in a hurry, brought one Lexan map and some additional terrain to make it interesting.

The armies were:

2x Marro Stingers (120)
2x Marrden Hounds (180)
1x Omnicron Snipers (100)
Iskra Esenwein (50)
Rechets (50)

- VS –

KMA (100)
Allastaire (110)
2x MacDirks (160)
Sir Denrick (100)
Eldgrim (30)

We rolled for choice of armies. She won and picked the 1st army above because she’s big on ranged units. I hadn’t realized the difference in range when I threw the armies together and thought it’d cause me some trouble. I thought the fairly short map would equalize my range deficiency a bit (as it turned out, I was correct).

I brought the KMA out first in an attempt to thin out her range. They were quickly killed off by her Omnicrons and Stingers. At this point I brought out Alastair and the MacDirks. I overextended Alastair right away and he took out an Omnicron. The MacDirks slowly moved up in his wake. Alastair focused on taking out the remaining Omnicrons, which caused my opponent to lose a turn or two after they fell.

Along with some help from a charged up MacDirk, Alastair used his overextend again and took out Iskra before she could summon the Retchets.

Alastair and a few super-charged MacDirks then took out the Stingers that were on one side of the map while the rest of the clan took out the Stingers coming down the other side. I had some HUGE rolls with Alastair and he pretty much killed everything he attacked.

All that was left were the Hounds, which were quickly dispatched by Alastair and a few remaining super-charged MacDirks (she failed to pay attention and didn't take advantage of her Plague special and I was a bit distracted by a pending game of KanJam – awesome beach game BTW. It is unlikely it would’ve mattered but the game might’ve been a bit closer).

Sir Denrick and Eldgrim never left the start zone and the game was over.

Alastair was the King of the Beach!! I think the Scottish hero probably took out 350 pts. by himself. He was a total B-E-A-S-T.

’Scape at the beach was, not surprisingly, quite fun. It also didn’t really require too much prep to pull off. My only regret was that I didn’t have a camera for some pics. I didn’t bother using my phone’s camera b/c its picture quality is quite unspectacular. On that note, bring on the “This thread is worthless without pics” comments.

Last edited by jedilou; July 7th, 2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:37 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Alastair is the King of the Beach

Wow! Unbelievable how the MacDirks of all units pwned the snipers, agents, and stingers! Congrats on the win (sucks to be your GF though).

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Last edited by Jandarforever; July 7th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Wow! Unbelievable how the MacDirks of all units poned the snipers, agents, and stingers! Congrats on the win (sucks to be your GF though).
poned?

poned, really, poned? You've got to be kidding me.

Pwned was born of a common typo (the o and p are right next to each other. It is an understandable error and that it became a meme was somewhat humorous. But to further devolve the word into its phonetic equivalent???

Really?
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Wow! Unbelievable how the MacDirks of all units poned the snipers, agents, and stingers! Congrats on the win (sucks to be your GF though).
poned?

poned, really, poned? You've got to be kidding me.

Pwned was born of a common typo (the o and p are right next to each other. It is an understandable error and that it became a meme was somewhat humorous. But to further devolve the word into its phonetic equivalent???

Really?
Oops, heh heh. Sorry, I haven't seen the word to much, just heard it, so I guess I just spelled it that way because it was more grammatically correct. Not the biggest deal though, is it?

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
My custom terrain

Last edited by Jandarforever; July 7th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread was good, but it just earned Uncle Golden Eggs status. I smell a title in the works...

Mmmm...corn pone....

Old July 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Markwars poned me mentioning that there was a funny post in this thread.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Markwars poned me mentioning that there was a funny post in this thread.
Looks like you got post poned.

Old July 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Har, har. You've all had your laugh. Sorry Jedilou. It appears that me and my word are now the star of this thread, and no one wants to comment on your game.

My custom terrain
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Markwars poned me

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Not a problem, Jandarforever,

I'm just proud to have started a thread that has earned Uncle Golden Eggs status.
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I dub Jandarforever "Sir Poned of the Order of the Sacred Golden Egg".

Old July 8th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Gee, thanks.....I think.

My custom terrain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion