Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM

kijid has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
kijid

I had tried to add in smaller rocks to the tiles to break up the uniform look but I found that interfered with the ability for the figures to stand flat on the tile. It seems this doesn't matter to you since you are not playing Heroscape on your tiles.
This does matter to me and I experienced the same problem when initially experimenting with rocks.

Quote:
I never liked textured paint either, on any customizing piece. I went through a lot of different ideas (and money) trying to come up with a way to do those rock tiles and my solution was the best one for me.
Money? ooooohhhhh ya.... As soon as my friend took me to a local model train store my wallet died a horrible death... (and I still need to make more trees!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijid
I have started work on Desert terrain and have used fine sand between hexes with no stacking problems...although now I have coverage issues...
Quote:
Personally I've always stayed away from sand. It's like playing on sand paper. I think you can get the same look with flock and it's easier on the hands.
How about this?
http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhamm...ain-basics/10/
I think I will try this method for desert terrain...

Quote:
I'm curous, does it not matter to you that your scenery (such as your walls) does not fill the hexes exactly?...
As per my previous post, it does not really pose a problem for me. Although I primarily use the terrain for Treasure Quest, I play the occasional game of Heroscape and plan on using it for other strategy games similair to Heroscape. If you play with cool people and you decide their use BEFORE the game, I can't really see it affecting play. By the way, don't get me wrong, I really like the Heroscape system, I just dislike how they mix time periods and sell the mini's in "split" forces packs. Marvel Heroscape on the other hand...

Quote:
(PS -- You need to seriously shrink your pictures, they make it hard to read the thread. )
I will try next time!

Steve
aka: BLAST

Xtreme Geek
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijid
Ask and you shall receive... although with a little delay

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhamm...n-obstacles/9/

Actucally that site has some great terrain ideas that could easily be implemented into Heroscape terrain...

Steve
Thank you for the info and the link.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!
Well we play with cool people as well. The point is to have fun, not get all caught up in rules. Our rule is simply "you can not enter partial (or half) hexes" and we move on. I do make an effort, however, that when I create terrain it fits the hexes. I just think it looks better.

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:24 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Great work!

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Once again Beautiful,You really have a gift for these things and you use it wisely.
I look forward to seeing more of your work. Amazing!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old March 30th, 2008, 05:17 PM

yynderjohn has disabled reputation
Did you use the same method as Grishnak to apply the flock? Mainly sticking a tile in a big ziplock bag?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM

No, I bought the flock in plastic containers (that is how they are generally being sold) and I would put the tiles on a plastic ziploc bag and heavily sprinkle on the flock. I would then use another tile upside down to press the flock down into the glue.

Steve

Xtreme Geek
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM

Since I'm here;
Here's a few more pics...
Have not really had time to work on Heroscape terrain as all my focus these days has been on writing Treasure Quest Ver.5 and Bug Hunt rules and building Sci-Fi terrain...
If only I could clone myself!
Enjoy!

Steve

Xtreme Geek
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
has been BANNED

Draconius_Maximus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
These are amazing.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Muy bueno!
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM

yynderjohn has disabled reputation
One more question! Do you glue your rocks down to the tiles? Or do you just lay them down loosely?
Old April 3rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I think I will start up my flocking expedition just covering the entire tile with flocking. The hex shapes are still visible underneath.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles