Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Q9's special attack

I was doing some searching and couldn't find the answer to this question...

this is from Q9's card...

Quote:
Queglix Gun Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 1, 2 or 3.* Major Q9 starts each turn with 9 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice.* Major Q9 may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice*until he has rolled all 9 attack dice. Major Q9 may target the same or different figures with each attack.
What I'd like to know is... can Q9 use his special attack after moving? The way it's worded it sounds like he has to use it at the start of his turn (i.e. without moving, kinda like the 4th Line...)
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Move, then attack.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's a special attack, which still falls under an attack, not a special ability.
It may be poor wording, but it does not say that you cannot move.

You may use the attack after moving.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:47 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Move first (if you want) and then attack.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM

bluemidgetguy has disabled reputation
Another Question - So do I have the option to just attack one person with all 9 attack dice? as I can roll all 9 at once? if so, wouldnt that label his regular attack crap?
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemidgetguy
Another Question - So do I have the option to just attack one person with all 9 attack dice? as I can roll all 9 at once? if so, wouldnt that label his regular attack crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9's card
Queglix Gun Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 1, 2 or 3. Major Q9 starts each turn with 9 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice. Major Q9 may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice until he has rolled all 9 attack dice. Major Q9 may target the same or different figures with each attack.
You can attack the same target at least 3 times with 3 dice each. His regular attack is still the bomb diggitey in the right situation because it is not a special attack (ie it can be enhanced by height and glyphs), and it has longer range. The special attack comes in handy at other times, like when attacking multiple opponents, adjacent samurai, and KMA from range (rolling 1 die vs a KMA is tedious, but it does the trick).
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemidgetguy
Just to be explicit... you cannot roll all 9 at once.
You can never roll more than 3 at once with his special. But you can do it over and over until you've used 9 dice.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Agent Minivann: I love the phrase "the bomb diggitey." Thank you!
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM

yynderjohn has disabled reputation
You can attack the same target at least 3 times with 3 dice each. His regular attack is still the bomb diggitey in the right situation because it is not a special attack (ie it can be enhanced by height and glyphs), and it has longer range. The special attack comes in handy at other times, like when attacking multiple opponents, adjacent samurai, and KMA from range (rolling 1 die vs a KMA is tedious, but it does the trick).[/quote]

Ok so do all special attacks not get height and glyph modifiers?
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Exactly.

~Aldin, quickly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by yynderjohn
The special attack itself is never modified by glyphs, height, auras or other special abilities (unless it is explicitly listed in the special ability's text). The defender against a special attack may use glyphs, height, auras and other special abilities to enhance their defense.

~me, not so quickly, but precisely
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:51 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Carrots!

~Billtog, extraneously

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's