Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 2nd, 2024, 06:46 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Casters of Valhalla

There is a non-zero chance that this is a false memory, which would explain why I can't find it, but listening to Episode 30 I remember one of you (I think @OEAO , but maybe @superfrog or @Flash_19 ; identifying voices is not one of my strengths) mentioning that you're generally not a fan of glyphs on level zero spaces, but that you discussed it in rhe WoS thread, so you weren't going to go into more depth in the podcast I've gone about crackers trying to find more discussion about that here, but my life doesn't allow the luxury of listening to a 2 hour podcast twice to confirm the small derail of whether or not what I recall was actually said. So, does one of you actually feel that way, and if you do, can I get a link to the postwhere you talk about it or a re-explanation?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; February 2nd, 2024 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I have a nagging suspicion my brain replaced Shadow with glyph, and my obsession has been pointless.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 06:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Gonna post my spreadsheet here later today or maybe Monday.
10+ months later...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...QnhyD1H8iESLes

Our top 20 when taking a geometric mean of our 4 lists:

Code:
Rank	Map Name		Mapmaker

1	Wyrmwalk		Panopticon
2	Stygian Rift		Typhon2222
3	Bad Moon Rising		GameBear
4	Ticalla Sunrise		GameBear
5	Turmoil			superfrog
6	Highways and Dieways	UranusPChicago
7	Aeon			Flash_19
8	Battlefield 23		Flash_19
9	Honor			Flash_19
10	Draugur			mad_wookiee
11	Desolation		Flash_19
12	Venom			Flash_19
13	Percolator		Ulysses
14	Remains of Clionesia	tannergx
15	Origin			Flash_19
16	Common Ground		GameBear
17	Ascension		Flash_19
18	Dance of the Dryads	Typhon2222
19	Platypus		Robber
20	Frostmire		Flash_19
Bold = WoS
Italic = BoV
Underlined = ARV
Old February 2nd, 2024, 07:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
There is a non-zero chance that this is a false memory, which would explain why I can't find it, but listening to Episode 30 I remember one of you (I think @OEAO , but maybe @superfrog or @Flash_19 ; identifying voices is not one of my strengths) mentioning that you're generally not a fan of glyphs on level zero spaces, but that you discussed it in rhe WoS thread, so you weren't going to go into more depth in the podcast I've gone about crackers trying to find more discussion about that here, but my life doesn't allow the luxury of listening to a 2 hour podcast twice to confirm the small derail of whether or not what I recall was actually said. So, does one of you actually feel that way, and if you do, can I get a link to the postwhere you talk about it or a re-explanation?
I know we talked about level 0 glyphs (that's a thing Flash doesn't love), he goes into that a bit here.

I don't specifically remember anything about level 0 shadow but I generally only find it valuable if it comes as part of an existing level 0 path. For example, the level 0 shadow on Dance of the Dryads is not, generally speaking, very valuable. Doesn't mean it can't be the right call for a map (to fill/stretch space, for example), but a pit of level 0 shadow will mostly get ignored.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 07:17 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Awesome, thanks for the link. Yeah, I'm pretty much on the same page as you regarding level zero shadow. No point in dropping in a hole to give up +1 attack for +1 defense. That was part of what I was hanging up on.

Edit: That google doc requires requesting access. Any chance you can unlock it?

Edit edit: Thanks!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 2nd, 2024, 07:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

Yep, unlocked.
Old March 6th, 2024, 01:30 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...-41-aoa-wave-1

CoV Entry 41: AoA Wave 1

Mike, Ken, and Nathan give their first thoughts and preliminary ratings for the 19 AoA units in Renegade's Wave 1.
Old April 2nd, 2024, 05:20 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, Just started listening to the podcast. Since Renegade took over I decided I needed to find a Heroscape podcast. I've also been playing a bit more again lately. I had gone away for awhile after it was discontinued and was focused more on gaming overall. I recognized Mathias name and remembered that we had played a few times and been in touch and also had a common interest in Dragon Dice (and several other games apparently after I listened to the top 50. It would be cool to chat and catch up on things.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion