Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old June 14th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
The GREAT 'Strategy Face-off'!!

Okay, I've read my regular threads here to death and most of them have become off-topic joke-fests at this point. Nothing wrong with that but I feel the urge to create a new, possibly interesting thread about unit strategy but with a twist. Thus I give you all.........................

::: dramatic pause :::

The GREAT 'Strategy Face-off'!!! ::: wild applause and a few cat-calls also :::

Here's how it works: I'll start it off by naming a single figure or squad and the situation (on height, on water, spread out, tightly-packed in formation, etc) and the person following me will post his opinion of which figure or squad would be the best counter to my suggested fig and situation. Then he'll post his own mini-scenario, again sticking to the rules above. Single figure or squad and explain the situation without going into TOO much detail - keep it simple as possible. The person who posts after him will then suggest their counter to his figure or squad and situation and so on. Lather, rinse, repeat until we all have squeaky-clean hair...

My Unit: Mimring
The Scenario: On height in the center of the map

Okay, it's up to the next person. What's your best counter unit (and situation) to handle this beast? And don't forget to then, in turn, post your suggested unit and scenario to counter for the next person.
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:11 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Krav Maga Agents - spread formation

Mimsie can only fire line them one at a time.
Stealth Dodge still works against specials.
Speed and range allow all 3 to attack Mimring if he decides to engage and negate stealth dodge.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Okay, but you were supposed to then, in turn, post your suggested unit for someone else to counter...

Anyone else want to step up since Asmiles forgot to post a unit?
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Ok, I'll give it a try:

Krav spead out on castle wall (your are outside the castle - door is shut)
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Deadeye- out-range 'em and bypass their effect.

Einar Imperium closing in with kiova's support.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM

fejkl Woo who?
OK. That's twice I've crossed posts with someone. Sheesh!
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Braxas - case closed.

Q9 across a one hex wide river in a pit so that anyone adjacent would have a height advantage.

~Aldin, slitheringly?

EDIT I see I have come in late so I will answer the previous two as well.

vs. TEI I'll stay with Braxas - though, since they get Kiova's support I'd also be tempted to go Heavy Gruts/Chompy

vs. Charos on height w/ melee I'd have to go with either zombies or Jotun. Given equal points I'd take the zombies.

/EDIT

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:59 AM

fejkl Woo who?
Kozuke's. Three attacks of 6 would do some mighty damage.

Charos with height, Thorgrim's Spirit, and Raelin's Aura. You have no range left.
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
vs. Charos on height w/ melee I'd have to go with either zombies or Jotun. Given equal points I'd take the zombies.
Zombies in an "arena" of 12x12x12 hexes.

~Aldin, Karnak

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Deathwalker 7000 riding Brunak. Depends on just how many zombies we are talking about, though.

Two rows of 4th mass on height with your force starting 12 hexes away. Flat ground in between.
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman
Two rows of 4th mass on height with your force starting 12 hexes away. Flat ground in between.
Deathwalker 9000 whether using his Explosion SA or not could clean up that mess.

Spread out Aubrien Archers have height and attack glyph and your opponent has been exceedingly lucky with his frenzy rolls.
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Messy Eater

I hope I'm not wildly off in this answer but maybe Elite Onyx Vipers for their fast movement and tough Att/Def stats with good frenzy back at the Aubriens? (If I'm wrong, so be it, I'm still learning which is part of why I created this thread.)

Okay, how would you handle Knights of Westin with no height on the map and you're fairly close to them in location?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles