Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 7th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Raven

The Book of Raven

C3G DC WAVE 15
REMEMBER THE TITANS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #064-066 / Raven.
Its model number and name are #214 / Trigon's Daughter.
Character Bio - “Raven is the half-breed daughter of a human mother named Arella and the interdimensional demon Trigon. She grew up in an alternate dimension called Azarath, with pacifistic inhabitants whose spiritual leader was the mystic Azar. She was taught to "control her emotions" by Azar, in order to suppress her inherited demonic powers. Essentially, it was feared that if Raven was allowed to feel any emotion that was too strong, she could become a demon like her father.

"During this time, Raven rarely saw her mother and grew detached from her. Upon Azar's death, Arella began the task of raising and teaching Raven. Around this same time, Raven's demonic heritage was revealed, as she met her father face to face for the first time. Soon after her 16th birthday, Raven learned that Trigon planned to come to her dimension; she vowed to stop him.

"Raven initially approached the Justice League, but they refused her on the advice of Zatanna, who sensed her demonic parentage. In desperation, she reformed the Titans as the New Teen Titans to fight her father. The team consisted of Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. Raven and her new friends later came to think of one another as family." (Wikipedia 2012).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Raven may use her Team Empath special power to heal an adjacent Titan or Sidekick, or boost her movement when a Titan or Sidekick is engaged to enemy figures. Current Titans and Sidekicks.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 12th, 2022 at 02:09 AM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Raven - Design Phase

NAME = RAVEN
SECRET IDENTITY = RACHEL ROTH

SPECIES = AZARATHIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = TORMENTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

TEAM EMPATH
Before taking a turn with Raven, you may choose a Titan or Sidekick you control in clear sight of Raven. If the chosen figure is adjacent to Raven, move any number of Wound Markers from the chosen figure's card onto this card. If the chosen figure is not adjacent to Raven, add 1 to Raven's Move number this turn for each enemy figure engaged with the chosen figure.

SOUL SELF
Once per round, instead of attacking normally with Raven, you may choose a figure within 10 spaces of Raven that is not an Android or destructible object and move 1 Wound Marker from this card onto the chosen figure's card. After using Soul Self, remove all unrevealed Order Markers from this card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Raven is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Raven can take for this attack is one.

FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 1st, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think I'd prefer straight "Demon" to "Demon Spawn." I mean... pretty much the same thing, right? Anti-Demon abilities would probably work on her the same as anyone else.

Not really sure of the theme on Soul Self. I assume astral projection? Team Empath seems REALLY wild, completely healing any adjacent Titan... seems a bit much, honestly, particularly with Magical Defense and the ability to heal herself.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

She's tough, definitely. I think she's well about the projected cost as of now.

I'm with Johnny that I don't really get the theme on Souls Self. It's not that powerful of an ability. Venom isn't to much more expensive, and his autowound power is much easier to use (obviously the range is helpful).

And what about the Unleashed mini? I don't have it (I have the white version of the Icons), but it looks like it might be a better looking figure.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think I'd prefer straight "Demon" to "Demon Spawn." I mean... pretty much the same thing, right? Anti-Demon abilities would probably work on her the same as anyone else.
She's only half Demon, and also half human, so it's not quite the same thing ....

I'm not sure if anti-demon abilities would work the same on her.

Quote:
Not really sure of the theme on Soul Self. I assume astral projection? Team Empath seems REALLY wild, completely healing any adjacent Titan... seems a bit much, honestly, particularly with Magical Defense and the ability to heal herself.
Her Soul Self is a form of astral projection, yes. It's a big part of the character that she can manifest her soul self as a construct of sorts and send it out to attack. It's one of her major offensive weapons, but it also really drains her physically, which is why it has some limitations here.

If she loads up on wounds from an adjacent figure with Team Empath, she's going to be a lot easier to kill. Her healing is pretty slow, and she has to choose to do it instead of either of the other choices. Magical Defense will slow the ability of the opponent to capitalize on this somewhat, but I think it'll be harder for her to pull this off logistically than you think.

Still, if it'll help with concerns, we can cap the first bullet on Team Empath with one wound pulled over from an ally instead of any number of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
She's tough, definitely. I think she's well about the projected cost as of now.
Do you mean well above?

Quote:
I'm with Johnny that I don't really get the theme on Souls Self. It's not that powerful of an ability. Venom isn't to much more expensive, and his autowound power is much easier to use (obviously the range is helpful).
Well now you're saying she's not very powerful ... did you mean well below?

Quote:
And what about the Unleashed mini? I don't have it (I have the white version of the Icons), but it looks like it might be a better looking figure.
I'm not super tied to the current mini choice. I do think a lot of folks have it, though, fwiw. I'm happy to go with whatever the majority likes here.

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
She's only half Demon, and also half human, so it's not quite the same thing ....

I'm not sure if anti-demon abilities would work the same on her.
Yeah, but species-wise, we tend to push for only using one. For example, Hulkling is a Kree-Skrull, but I wouldn't call his species "Kree-Skrull." I'd probably put him as Kree with a Skrull DNA power or vice-versa.

I just think Demon is right enough and is more aesthetically consistent.

Quote:
Her Soul Self is a form of astral projection, yes. It's a big part of the character that she can manifest her soul self as a construct of sorts and send it out to attack. It's one of her major offensive weapons, but it also really drains her physically, which is why it has some limitations here.

If she loads up on wounds from an adjacent figure with Team Empath, she's going to be a lot easier to kill. Her healing is pretty slow, and she has to choose to do it instead of either of the other choices. Magical Defense will slow the ability of the opponent to capitalize on this somewhat, but I think it'll be harder for her to pull this off logistically than you think.

Still, if it'll help with concerns, we can cap the first bullet on Team Empath with one wound pulled over from an ally instead of any number of them.
Nevermind - read it as straight-up REMOVE wounds initially, which would have been super crazy. Fine as-is and it's got a cool empathy feel to it.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Her empath ability is extremely useful, but her soul ability isn't. I still think she's a bit undercosted.

Actually, she'd be impossible to kill with any single attack heavy hitter. The most wounds she can take is one, then she heals that one before her turn. Unless I'm reading/understanding it wrong, I think we need to change something.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:16 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the astral attack, and it would be pretty handy if Nightwing has any sort of 'general' power that allows her take turns w/out OMs.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yep she has always been a tough one to convey.

Mini choice I would choose the Unleashed one also over the Icons one.

Species, she is half Azarathian & half Demon. So I suppose Demon - Spawn fits. I think Demon alone would be less thematic then Azarathian alone would be.

I'm fine with Tormented as the personality. But again it really is only one facet of her personality.

Stats are good IMO.

I agree with Johnny that healing a team figure completely is probably too much, but it is thematic & the wounds are going to herself & you have to take a turn with her to heal one off her also so it is a little risky. especially with her needing to be adjacent to the wounded figure. But if it tests too much then you could cap it at up to 2 from a team mate per turn. I like the additional move added, nice touch.

Soul-Self, is another hard many faceted thing to convey. On my personal card, way back when, I called the power Soul-Self Fear, because that was the part of the power I was conveying - as you are here. I don't know if it is a technically correct name either but I thought it put more focus into the name.

Now I am fine with your current direction for the mechanics of the power but I had 2 other directions that I thought could be good & would help the team more, these would still be once per round effects:
  • It could be more of a defensive power that would reduce the attack of an attacker within 10 spaces to 1, or
  • It could reduce defense of an attacked figure by the number of wounds on this card.

I think if you aren't going to put a teleport power that flying is appropriate.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM

Great feedback, guys! Keep it coming!

Rather than respond individually to each point, I want to instead show you what I'm currently thinking for changes based on the posts so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

NAME = RAVEN

SECRET IDENTITY = RACHEL ROTH

SPECIES = AZARATHIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = TORMENTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 180?

TEAM EMPATH
Before taking a turn with Raven, you may either
• move any number of Wound Markers from an adjacent Titan or Sidekick you control onto this card,
remove one Wound Marker from this card; or
• choose a Titan or Sidekick you control and add 1 to Raven's Move number this turn for each enemy figure engaged with the chosen figure.

SOUL SELF SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 10. Attack 7.
Raven does not need clear line of sight on a figure to use this special attack. This special attack can only be used once per round and does not affect Androids or Destructible Objects. After using this special attack, remove all unrevealed Order Markers from this card.

MAGICAL RESISTANCE
When Raven is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense power, the most wounds Raven can take for this attack is one.

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Azarathian makes sense... Trigon would also have that for a species, correct? Certainly consistent.

Soul Self as a special attack feels even weirder to me. I get the theme less - an auto-wound feels "mystical" or "special" but 7 attack dice just seems beefy.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:56 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like the SA less then what you had previously.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library