Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
The Book of Nemesis

The Book of Nemesis

C3G 2000AD SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 62
THE TERROR OF TERMIGHT

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #109-111 / Nemesis.

Character Bio - 'I am the Shape of Things to Come, the Lord of the Flies, Holder of the Sword Sinister...The Death Bringer...I am the one who waits on the edge of your dreams.'

Nemesis is an alien who has sworn to overthrow the evil rule of Torquemada, a dark lord whose aim is to ethnically cleanse the universe of all alien life. Despite this the enigmatic and mystical Nemesis treats his role as that of a player in a massive cosmic game, a game he intends to win.

Armed with his sword Excessus (the Sword Sinister), he can fight using bursts of high intensity flame or by hurling acid balls at his opponents. Nemesis is a devout follower of the god of Khaos and a master of arcane arts.

Nemesis leads the resistance group known as Credo in an effort to free aliens from the tyranny of Termight. (from comicvine)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Nemesis' Credo! special power allows him to ignore figures in your army that start the game off the battlefield when he chooses a species or class, because they are not considered figures you control at the start of the game.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:12 PM. Reason: png
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:11 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nemesis - Breathing Period

NAME = NEMESIS

SPECIES = WARLOCK
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVOLUTIONARY
PERSONALITY = MERCURIAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 245

CREDO!
At the start of the game, choose a species or class on an opponent’s Army Card that is not shared by an Army Card you control. All figures you control may move two additional spaces if they end their normal movement adjacent to a figure with the chosen species or class.

THE SWORD SINISTER
When attacking an adjacent figure with Nemesis' normal attack, each blank rolled counts as 1 additional skull. If the adjacent figure is a Human, each blank rolled instead counts as 2 additional skulls. If Nemesis destroys an adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack again.

DEMONIC MAGIC
Nemesis never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage, and never receives wounds from a Spell he cast.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Nemesis is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Nemesis can take for this attack is one.

Last edited by johnny139; May 16th, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:11 PM

Comic art
Spoiler Alert!

Background pics
Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; February 1st, 2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:12 PM

Let me know your thoughts.
I dropped the Personal Illusion spell for now. We can revisit that one later.
I will save some sort of Ritual of Khaos spell for Deadlock.

I could use some figure pics. Any chance you could get those Ronin?

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; January 16th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old January 16th, 2017, 02:29 PM

For LotF I am thinking you should be able to jump in water to escape the flies so maybe:

LORD OF THE FLIES
Unique Spell
Cost ???

Instead of moving, if this figure is a Warlock, this figure may cast this spell. Choose a figure within clear sight of this figure. Until the end of the round, the chosen figure subtracts 4 from their Range number to a minimum of 1, unless that figure is occupying a water space.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 16th, 2017, 02:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I see his species is Warlock, I thought that would be his class as first glance. If his class is Sorcerer, then I think I would make the LotF spell restricted to Sorcerers just to open it up for a few more units to use. It would help with testing.

Jumping into water is fine with me, that would usually mean they are now attacking from low ground so it would still have an effect. As for cost, I wouldn't think -4 to range for one round wouldn't be that expensive.

On the figure card, pretty excited to see this guy get going. I think the no marker power will be pretty interesting as he becomes a counter draft to quite a few units. I would go with the properly spelt chaotic personality as their may one day be another chaotic personality figure from another comic line (joker?) that he can have some synergy with. Seems unlikely right now but may as well leave the door open for it.
Old January 16th, 2017, 02:47 PM

The only other Warlock that may get created is Thoth, perhaps Thoth's mother but coming up with a mini may be impossible and I do not think the females were magic users.

We could make the restriction be the Servant of Khaos power. I do believe Deadlock casts a spell that summons flies once.

We could open it up to all magic users. I made it unique because Lord of the Flies is one of the titles he goes by.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 16th, 2017, 04:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Warlock as a Species seems odd. I don't know this guy at all but reading up on him he's called a "fire-breathing, demonic alien". So would Demon as a Species and Warlock as a Class and CHAOTIC as a personality make sense. I could see Warlock used on a future unit as a class causing some confusion if it's used as a class for one and as a species for the other.

Looking over the Hellfire spells would those be something that Nemesis use a version of? He does seem to be a fire breather from the description. if so that's more of a reason for Demon.

As far as Levitation...mechanically would it be easier to just give him flying for the turn?

Again I have no knowledge of the figure so if I'm way off sorry. Just trying to offer some input.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 16th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Is "The One Who Waits" actually his real name, or just a cool title? If the latter, it should be dropped in favor of no Secret Identity.

Similarly, is his species canonically "Warlock?" I could easily see that being a class, and I would like to avoid having crossover between Class and Species names. Otherwise we'll run into a world of trouble.

Is 'chaotic' really a personality? Feels weird to me, but not a hug deal if no one else agrees.

The Sword Sinister, Levitation, and MD are solid. Servant of Khaos will make him a counterdraft to a few units, but will cut him out of a couple builds(E.g. Avengers) as well. Interesting.

I like Lord of the Flies, but it's power seems very generic for a Unique spell tied to a specific figure. Call it Cloak of Shadow or something else mystical and I could see any MD figure casting it.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 16th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not sure how he uses "lord of the flies" in the comics but I'm thinking of a giant swarm of flies surrounding him at all times (so this would be a special power, not a spell):

LORD OF THE FLIES
All figures adjacent to Nemesis have no visible hit-zones and cannot target any other hit-zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 16th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I agree with a lot of what japes and TB said above. Warlock feels really weird for a species, and it does seem a lot simpler to just have Levitation give out Flying.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:14 PM

Good feedback, thanks.

I included the SI because there is the Marvel Nemesis who also does not have a SI.
So you could never play the two together because they share a name.
Is Lobo's true name 'The one who eats your innards and enjoys it'?

Warlock is his Species, he is not a Demon. He is specifically called Nemesis the Warlock. I do remember reading somewhere a name of his planet or solar system perhaps. I can read back through my comics and see if there is another reference but I do not remember ever seeing one.
Do you we really need to save Warlock for a Class? Can anyone name a single character who would have that Class and not be able to use Sorceror or Magician?

I suppose Nemesis could cast Hellfire spells but he already breathes fire and spits globs of acid so those would be a bit redundant.

Levitation is very heavy with theme for him. I can never remember him ever flying through magic, he uses his living spaceship, the Blitzspear, or rides an alien flying mount. He does use Levitation frequently. I originally was just going to give him flying as a power before the option of spells. It could ne a nice cheaper option to flying magic.

I am open to another personality. I would have to give it some thought. He is a complex character. Is anyone else bothered by Chaotic?

Lord of the Flies is a tough one that I have been working on for years. I like the current version. We can just make it common. It really does not seem that hard to cast 'summon flies'.
As far as how he uses it, I remember two instances. Very early he uses them to kill an old woman in her sleep. At the end of the original series he uses them to defeat Torq who using wearing Warlock-proof armor. The flies are able to find a way in and their heat fuses the armor trapping Torq inside.
An auto wound spell feels lame. I really like the distracting shooters version!

Last edited by Tornado; April 11th, 2019 at 07:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library