Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 28th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Moloids - ERB Phase

Just need Sir G

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just need Sir G

Quote:
yea x2 and I think these guys would be great meat shields/map control in a Magneto army, for the record.
Yeah I agree, tie up an opponent and blast them or throw them with Magneto. They also make cheap Fastball Special ammo for Colossus. Speaking of which, good counter to Mags, or any mind control opponent's on a Lava map like Martian War. I tested him with Namor on that map and while it never came up before while using him because I hadn't played him on a Lava map, his Steel Skin makes him impervious to Lava Field and Molten Lava, so nobody is going to kill him by throwing or marching him into Molten Lava

Old August 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
yea x2 and I think these guys would be great meat shields/map control in a Magneto army, for the record.
That reminds me, there is a Magneto mini from the House of M story line that would make a great Ruler.
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, down to fewer than 6 hours (or Sir G's vote!)

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 29th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Sorry, yesterday was Opening Day for our youth soccer league - 750 kids, 10 hours in the sun and the wind. Lady G and I are retiring as president and registrar after this season.

YEA

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thank you Sir G. I understand Soccer is a beast, that's why we aren't letting our twin girls anywhere near a soccer ball.

Moloid Common Hero passes to Playtest Phase.

Old August 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That reminds me, there is a Magneto mini from the House of M story line that would make a great Ruler.
That would be interesting.

Old August 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thank you Sir G. I understand Soccer is a beast, that's why we aren't letting our twin girls anywhere near a soccer ball.
C'mon -- youth soccer would be great if it weren't for the parents.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 29th, 2010, 04:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Soccer is a great team sport for either sex of any age.
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How can you deprive your children of the "beautiful game?"

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Soccer is a great team sport for either sex of any age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
How can you deprive your children of the "beautiful game?"

Okay okay already fellas, I've got them signed up in every league in the county. Actually, I'll let them play or do whatever interests them, whether it's sports, instruments, dancing, Heroscape, Heroscape, Heroscape... or whatever. We had them doing Karate before and they only lasted one 8 week session. Had them at swim lessons and this year they've spent a ton of time in our pool. We kick the soccer ball around in the back yard and use a six foot section of our fence as the goal. We play whiffle ball, ride bikes and they like their scooters. They get in different moods when they like to play with their dolls a lot, or do crafts/color/draw alot, they play video games but not much (though a little more in the winter). So if they decide they want to get into that "beautiful game" of soccer, then that's cool, we'll sign them up and tote them around. My wife even has a minivan to be the stereotypical soccer mom (though not in bad attitude of some parents).

Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Re: Moloids - Playtesting Phase

Here's Lord Pyre's Playtest Sheet for Moloids.

Quote:
Moloids

-THEME TEST/
Pass The first FF comic I read had moloids (I think), and that was way back when I only knew about Batman and Superman, so I was completely confused, not even knowing who the heroes are. Pointless story aside, the little cave goblins play just like I’d expect little cave goblins to play.

MIRROR TEST/
Pass

- BONDING TEST/
Pass Dr. Doom and Moleman, that’s it for now!

- SYNERGIES TEST/
Pass

- POWER CHECK/
Pass I was pondering whether to pass this or not. Throughout the tests, I went back and forth between TOO powerful, and weak. So if sometimes they’re overpowered, and sometimes they’re useless, doesn’t that average to the middle? I’ll let you guys decide for sure, looking at my tests.

- FUN TEST/
Pass They were definitely fun! …At first. Moving that many freaking mole people was starting to get old at the end. But it didn’t stop me from doing a bunch of extra squad tests just for fun, haha! I’m sure with Moleman and the new Doom, they’d be more fun, since classic Doom dies fast.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/
Pass Well, 5 man squads were avoided in classic ‘Scape, so I was a little wary, but the fact that they were so weak seemed to balance it all out!

- DRAFTING TEST/
Pass Not good as a filler unit, but if you snatched up 12 of them, you’ve got a solid force that’ll take a little time to wear down.

- USAGE TEST/
Pass All abilities used!

- STRATEGY TEST/
Pass Swarm forward immediately, or wait for the rest of the pack to catch up? Hmm, that choice alone is probably a huge strategy since they die so fast, depending on what you’re fighting, and the map, etc…

Map: Fossil, by Rÿchean
(Having Fossil already set up, Hahma suggested proxying the sand as rock, and Swamp water as shadow, so that’s what I did)

Heavy Hitter Test:
I purposefully picked some nasty matchups for these guys, to see exactly how well they’d do; I expected them to win almost every time, but…

7x Moloids vs Johnny Sullivan

I: Moloids win R2T1, with 4 dead
II: Johnny wins R2T2, with 4 wounds
III: Johnny wins R2T2, with 4 wounds

That second battle, they had Johnny COMPLETELY surrounded, but he killed 6 in two shotgun blasts, ending the game rather quickly. I tried spreading them out, but when they got close to him for the attack, he managed to blow groups away, every time.

8x Moloids vs Kumiko

I: Moloids win R2T3, with 3 dead
II: Kumiko wins R3T3, with 2 wounds
III: Moloids win R2T3, with 1 dead

I don’t think I’ve used Kumiko before. She’s fun, haha! Without her having a gun, the moloids were able to turtle on the sand/rock better, so they could block her multiple attacks a bit easier. But for the most part, I put them in the shadow, they lost the height, but they gained +2 defense from it, and Kumiko’s special attack doesn’t get boosted from the height, so that really helped the moloids out for these tests.

8x vs Erevan

I: Moloids win R1T3, with 1 dead
II: Moloids win R3T1, with 4 dead
III: Moloids win R3T1, with 3 dead

I thought this’d be a good fight. Poor guy didn’t stand a chance… First round was brutal, they killed him before he could do pretty much anything! The second round, he got lucky with his fire blast and killed three in one turn, but then he died. His Fey step barely helped, except when he got COMPLETELY surrounded, but then some Moloids just flanked him from the other side of the map, so he still fell.

12x vs Kaemon Awa

I: KA wins R2T3, with 2 wounds
II: KA wins R2T2, with 1 wound
III: KA wins R3T2, with 3 wounds

Hehe, Mr. Awasome strikes again! Two mole men died almost every turn, from arrows or counterstrike! They simply had no chance! If he got surrounded, he’d shoot two, and then let counterstrike do the rest!

12x vs Hydra

I: Hydra wins R2T3, with 2 wounds
II: Hydra wins R3T1, with 1 wound
III: Hydra wins R2T2, with 2 wounds

I swarmed the beast with as many as I could attack with, while keeping the others out of range of it’s long necks, but they just couldn’t penetrate it’s 6 defense! With maybe another 5 moloids, they could’ve won, but multiple attacks and 6 defense eats right through them!!

Squad test:

11x vs Minions

I: Moloids win R2T3, with 5 dead
II: Minions win R2T3, with 0 dead
III: Minions win R2T2, with 0 dead

Moloids got lucky, killing one of them right off the bat, limiting the amount of Moloids that can die every turn. But the other battles, the Moloids couldn’t break through the 6 defense, and were eventually slaughtered.

6x vs Harquebus

I: Harqs win R1T3, with 2 dead
II: Harqs win R2T3, with 3 dead
III: Harqs win R2T1, with 0 dead

Moloids run forward, get shot. That’s pretty much what happened. Occasionally they’d get close enough to kill a few, but it took one turn to kill 4 moloids, basically, because of their low defense.

4x vs Yari

I: Yari win R1T3, with 1 dead
II: Moloids win R1T3, with 1 dead
III: Yari win R1T3, with 1 dead

Looking back, I have no idea why I even did this, considering they’re practically exactly the same power, with a slight edge to the Moloids with the defense bonus, which doesn’t even help that much, so…

8x vs 2x Yari

Moloids win R2T1, with 2 dead

Because of the last battle, I decided to ramp it up a bit, and the outcome was what I expected. Only having 4 Moloids limited their offensive and swarm ability, so when at full power, they plowed right through the Yari extremely quickly.

Hehe, I wasn’t going to do another, but I just couldn’t resist…

12x vs 2x Zombies

Zombies win R3T1, with 0 dead, three having rose again.

I kind of expected that, but not QUITE as brutally. The Moloids killed 3 pretty quickly, but in no time they came back, and the Moloids just couldn’t kill any more zombies!!! That was fun, hehehe!

Army Tests:

(600 point battle)

Dr. Doom
Raelin
KMA
Moloids x17

Vs.

Kato
Kaemon Awa
Izumi Samurai
2x Yari
2x Harquebeus
Marcu

R1 Ashigaru move up and swarm the high ground. Doom, and 5 Moloids rush forward, with Raelin flying forward next turn. Kato jumps to the hill with the tree for a better view. The Ashigaru kill 3 moloids, and Doom and the moloids counter by killing 2 Yari
R2 Raelin flies to a better position to use her bonus, and misses a Yari. Harqs shoot Raelin, dealing 2 wounds. Doom puts a wound on Kato, and the moloids kill two more Yari. Harqs and Yari kill a Moloid each.
R3 Harqs kill a moloid, and finish off Raelin, while the Yari kill another Moloid. Doom adds 2 more to Kato, and the Moloids kill the last 2 Yari, and a Harq. Kaemon enters the battle, killing off a moloid. Doom attacks Kato again, but misses, but the Moloids kill 2 Harqs, and add 1 wound to Kato. Kaemon tries to protect Kato, but only kills one of the Moloids attacking him (There were two)
R4 Kaemon abandons Kato, and puts 3 wounds on Doom. Doom misses Kaemon, and then 2 moloids using the Ruler attack boost attack Kaemon, but they both miss, and one dies from counterstrike. 3 other Moloids kill off 3 more Harqs. Kato has the Izumi enter the battle, but they miss the one Moloid that was in range. Doom attacks Kaemon again, dealing 2 wounds. The moloids kill off two Izumi, who decided not to roll any defense today. Kaemon kills one moloid from counterstrike, then proceeds to shoot Doom again, finishing him, and then following up by killing a Moloid. But Kaemon’s killing spree was put to a stop when the Krav Agents pull out and finish him, but miss Kato.
R5 Kato takes a turn with the final 2 Harqs, killing 1 moloid. The moloids wound Marcu, and kill off Kato, but Marcu eats the moloid that hurt him. The KMA shoot at the last samurai and Marcu, but whiff, and Marcu kills off one of them, now fully healed.
R6 Marcu kills another KMA, and the last KMA put 3 wounds on Marcu. Marcu engages the Agent, but misses. The Agent whiffs his attack, and Marcu finally kills him, healing a wound. The last two moloids kill off Marcu.
R7 The moloids kill 1 Harq, and the last Harq kills a moloid. There are two order markers on the samurai, with none left on the Harqs (One samurai, one harq, and one moloid left). The moloid chooses the samurai, to try to make them lose turns, but dies to counterstrike.

One Harquebus and one Izumi Samurai survive!

I wanted to see how a swarm would do against a swarm. It was pretty fun, and down to the last couple figures! I thought the moloids would completely overpower the ashigaru, though, but with Kaemon killing Doom so easily, and the 8 activations from Kato, it was much more balanced then I guessed.

(500 point battle)

Dr. Doom
Airborne Elite
Moloids x 14

Vs.

STEAMROLLER!!!
(Needs three exclamation points, just because)

R1, no drop. Crixus and the glads move onto the road, as the Moloids and Doom do the same. Doom goes for the kill right off the bat, flying to the other side of the board and shooting Spartacus, causing 2 wounds to him. Enraged, Spartacus takes a few steps forward, and even though Doom has height, he puts 3 wounds on him, making it easy for the three Capuans to finish him off, on turn 2 of the game. The moloids kill 2 glads, and put 1 wound on Sparty, making me a little nervous about losing him. But Sparty and the glads kill 4 more moloids next turn.
R2, AE drop! But they lose initiative, and Sparty and the glads kill a moloid (Missing an AE), and spread out a little, just in case. The AE decide not to use grenades, considering two of them are engaged, and kill 2 glads, and put a wound on Crixus. Sparty (He’s been in range more than Crixus has, so I used him a lot more, generally) obliterates an AE with 5 skulls, and the glads kill an AE and 2 moloids. The AE decide to throw grenades, even though they can each only affect two figures. Luck was not with them, as both grenades were double shields. They should check their equipment before dropping into battle. Crixus and the glads kill 3 moloids, and the respond by killing a glad.
R3 AE put 1 wound on Crixus, and miss Sparty. Crixus kills the AE, and then Sparty and the glads corner the last remaining moloids behind the hive, with Crixus on one side, and them on the other. The moloids didn’t stand a chance.

5 Capuans dead, Spartacus with 3 wounds, and Crisux with 2.

Well, my guesses throughout testing were that the moloids might be too powerful, with so many activations per turn. But as this proves, their two attack can barely penetrate anything. The Capuans just shook off attack after attack, and the moloids single defense (Aside from rock, etc) pretty much ensures that at least 2-3 die every turn. But I think the game might go differently if Doom didn’t die so quickly, giving the moloids the extra attack boost. And if he had been able to mindlink Spartacus to run forward into the swarm of moloids, that might’ve been the end. But that’s not what happened, so…

These guys are difficult. I really want to say they’re either too powerful, or too weak! They always seem overbearing, but as you see, they lost more games then they won! So if I can’t decide if they’re too good, or not enough, doesn’t that average in the middle?
They are essentially a 5 man squad, and that’s how I tried to treat them, for the most part. I think they’re pretty balanced, but also with that many figures, I kind of understand why classic “Scape has shied away from 5 figure squads! With the exception of the Marro Drones, no other card can really move that many figures. Oh, and Kato, haha! Well, in that case, maybe they’re not too much. I just kind of lost track of them after a while! And with the same sculpt for each figure, they could be a nightmare! But actual gameplay wise, I think they’re fine. MAYBE add to the swarm ability, that if you get a 1, then you can only use 3 or so, but then if you have 5 or less, you’d still have to roll, which can get annoying, since I just didn’t bother rolling, obviously, at that point.
You’d have to read the other report, since though I did the testing, I still can’t really decide if they’re just right. I’ll leave it to you guys.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library