Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old May 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Redemption CCG

If you haven't guessed yet, I am a fan of CCG games. This game was introduced to me by several of my good friends from High School. It is a really fun and unique game. It's cheap to play (for CCGs), and tournaments are still held. I also know some people that are involved with the creation of some of the cards so that's cool.

I just wanted to know if anyone plays this game. I know there are several Christians at this website and since this is a Christian card game I figured some of you play it.
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart
Re: Redemption CCG

Isn't this the CCG where one person plays "good, the other "evil", and good always has to win? I remember hearing some time back that someone had found a way for "evil" to win so they changed the rules to prevent it from happening. Is there actually a way to make such a game competitive?

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaone View Post
Isn't this the CCG where one person plays "good, the other "evil", and good always has to win? I remember hearing some time back that someone had found a way for "evil" to win so they changed the rules to prevent it from happening. Is there actually a way to make such a game competitive?
Very much so. It can be a very very competitive game. It is very unique to a CCG that the evil side cannot win. However, one person does not play "evil", while the other "good". You play both sides and take turns. It's a great game.
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

I'm all for Christian adaptations for games and genres, but I've heard of few hits other than Settlers of Cannan.

I played this in high school many years ago, and it was frustrating as anything. I've played Magic, Decipher CCG and my Favorite 7th Sea, and reviewed the rules of several others out there...

This is *almost* as bad as Yu Gi Oh. Too constricted, theme trumps gameplay, and they started making the same mistakes some mainstream CCGs made of having too many specific cards that countered/synergized with other specific cards (*cough* Decipher*cough*).

Someone really needs to develop a decent Christian-themed CCG. I guess it's good that Redemption has lasted almost as long as Magic TCG, but it was very disappointing as a game.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:36 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Rages Angel rages:
Quote:
Someone really needs to develop a decent Christian-themed CCG. I guess it's good that Redemption has lasted almost as long as Magic TCG, but it was very disappointing as a game.
I thought there was another one. Maybe for the Archangels comic books?

Gamjuven, I have the Redemption: City of Lost Souls board game by the famous Mr. Richard Borg. It is really a rather fun little game, which should come as no surprise, given it's pedigree.

I tend to avoid collectible games with blind purchases. The "Christian" thing to do would be to give me preconstructed decks. I just got into Blue Moon and the ultra-fast, ultra-inexpensive Frenzy and I really dig them, though I wouldn't take the former to youth group.
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

We have some of these laying around somewhere... It seems like a decent game, but I never really got into it. I don't think I ever even learned all the rules.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:01 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Dude. I love this game. I've played in several tournaments and have won a district and two locals. Anyone else still into this game? Nationals(GenCon of redemption ) is today-Sat., which I was sadly not able to attend, but oh well. We should play over AOL sometime! There's a whole community forum on http://cactusgamedesign.com/message_...6a4f&board=9.0

I'm White Wight /\ Great stuff. :] By the way, RageAngel, this game is better than any CCG I've seen played or have played. The amount of strategy that goes into deck-building is great.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old February 10th, 2009, 10:34 AM

ellak96 knows what's in an order marker ellak96 knows what's in an order marker
Talking Re: Redemption CCG

yep great game
Old February 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

This is an extremely fun game but I don't really like card games so its not really super exciting but overall very fun.

P.S. Sorry if I seemed a little bit contradictory.
Old April 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM

ACEoSPADES *glass shatters*

I have been to nationals once. I love this game, I play it along side of Heroscape.
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:22 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAngel View Post
I'm all for Christian adaptations for games and genres, but I've heard of few hits other than Settlers of Cannan.
The game "Ark of the Covenant" is a nice variation of Carcasonnes. Similar to Settlers of Canaan in that it is pretty much the same as the prigonal but with a few interesting additions that make it either a nice variant or a true stand alone game.
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Yugi Motou is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have played this game for 5 years now! (For as long as Heroscape has been around.) I, sadly, have only been to 1 tournament, in which I came in 20th place!....... out of 21. It was a Regionals Tournament.

Yugi

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games