Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old February 16th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Brew's DnD Customs

Adrian Shadewalker

Fights for Vydar (True Neutral)
Drow - Toril
Unique Hero
Shadow Mage - Menacer
Remote
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 6
Range 6
Attack 3 – Avg skulls 1.5 (+1.5 adjacent)
Defense 3 – Avg shields 1
295 points - Level 2
Shadow Sword +3
Cloak of Hiding:
When Adrian is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Adrian is on a dungeon space, add 2 to your die roll. If Adrian is on a shadow space, add 4 to your die roll. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

Grishnakh
Fights for Einar

Orc
Unique Hero
Captian
Disciplined
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4

Defense 5
200 points

Orc Captian: Any orcs with a bonding special ability may bond with Grishnak. As long as at least one order marker is on this card, all orcs in your army add 1 to their attack, defense, and move, and all orcs with a range of
The Skull Armor: When rolling defense dice for Grishnak, count skulls instead of shields.

Sir Hallas the Hammerhand
Ullar

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Wild
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5

Defense 4
135 points

Lightning Piercer Special Attack: Range 1 + Special. Attack 3. Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose any 2 figures within 4 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure to be affected by Lightning Piercer Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Lightning Piercer Special Attack does not effect destrictible objects.
Lightning Bolt!: After moving and before attacking, if Sir Hallas is not adjacent to any enemy, you may throw a wad of tissue at your opponent.

Tracer
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Ninja
Disciplined
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 10
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 4
~100 pts

Parkour: Tracer may ignore elevations when moving up no more than 2 levels and down no more than 5 levels. Tracer may move under, but may not stop under, overhangs smaller than his height. Tracer may move through jungle terrain pieces without stopping. Tracer is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
• At the cost of 5 move, at any point possible during his move, Tracer may leap up to 3 spaces from his current position. Tracer may not leap up more than 6 levels or down more than 14 levels. Tracer may leap over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins.
• At the cost of 10 move, Tracer may climb-up one space. Tracer may not climb-up more than 10 levels.
Assassin’s Strike Special Attack: Ra
nge 1. Attack 3. At any one point during his move, Tracer may use Assassin's Strike Special Attack. Figures cannot roll defense dice against Assassin’s Strike Special Attack. Assassin’s Strike Special Attack cannot be used if the defending figure had clear sight of Tracer at the start of his move.

Last edited by Brewster; June 18th, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Brew's DnD Customs

This custom was bad.... Post Deleted.

Last edited by Brewster; March 19th, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM

BUMP: Heavily editid Hallas + Adrian.

Made Hallas ranged with lightning zaps, but lethal with his warhammer at close range.

Changed Adrian's overpowered aura to go with his enchanted Shadow Sword. My friend told me enchanted swords would give an attack aura, so an autoskull seemed good. Also gave him an attack with the sword.

Feedback needed!
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

They look like fun, but I think that Hallas should maybe cost more. He's got one better melee attack than Tandros and he gets a double attack. Meanwhile he gives up cleave and combat challenge.

Granted, cleave is great, but I think a double attack is better. And I'd definitely take one better melee attack over combat challenge.
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:40 PM

bgraves321 Woo who?

Any chance you could get some sharper images?

Initial comments: I think you should specify "normal adjacent attack" for Adrien's ability.

And I'm wondering about the automatic skull. That seems too good. Maybe a +1 attack die because I like the idea of an extended aura and even an aura that affects friendly figures as well as ones you control, but an extended automatic ... that's a bit too far. As cool as the skull would be, I think it dabbles in power creep, and that's no good.

Additionally, I wonder about making his normal attack 3 rather than 4. Granted, you do have him listed at 160, but his base stats alone would almost warrant that. Add on the special abilities the way you have them right now, and I think 160 is too little. Maybe you could shave one off his life? Something needs to be removed/reworked.

Moving on to Hallas ... I agree with SgtHulka. 120 is a bit too cheap, I think. Although I'm not really sure. Maybe 10-30 more points. Maybe. I do like what you've done here, though. A dash of Valguard. A dab of Krug. Fused together with a bolt of lightning. I'd enjoy playing him. I'm always a fan of figures with solid life and defense, and he presents just that.

Keep doing your thing, dude. Make some changes, and we'll give it a look-see later. Good work so far. bg
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM

aight, made the aura non-extended, bumped Hallas's cost by 20 pts. Considering he falls to range pretty easy, might not be worth more than 140
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Our new Party:

Adrian Shadewalker
Fights for Vydar
Drow
Unique Hero
Shadow Mage
Remote
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 6
Range 6
Attack 2
Defense 3
130 points

Shadow Sword +2
Cloak of Hiding: When Adrian is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Adrian is on a dungeon space, add 2 to your die roll. If Adrian is on a shadow space, add 4 to your die roll. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

Fights for Ullar
Human
Unique Hero
Battle Mage
Wild
Medium 5

Life 7
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
120 points

Shocking Blow: When rolling attack dice, Sir Hallas the Hammerhand always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
Charged Plate Armor: When Sir Hallas rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Grishnak (yes, like from LOTR)
Fights for Einar

Orc
Unique Hero
Captian
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
100 points
Orc Captian: Any orcs with a bonding special ability may bond with Grishnak.
Grut Orc Enhancement: All friendly Orcs from the homeworld Grut adjacent to Grishnak roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.
Attack to Block: when rolling defense dice for Grishnak, count skulls instead of shields.

How I made this guy was, I used 2 Red Skull masks for the shoulder pads, a KoW body for the sculpt, painted Bronze (red and metallic gold paint), Washed in black, painted on sandals, and put on swog rider head, sword, and left arm.

Our party has to be the most farfetched bunch ever... A Drow and an Orc in a relatively good party. 'Gonna take quite a while to explain that. I figured a more disciplined/loyal orc would be more likely to fight for the Disciplined army instead of the other wild, chaotic orcs.

Last edited by Brewster; March 13th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:58 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like your Grishnak (I am have an orc crush these days). Nice collection of powers, interesting idea with defending with the skulls. I think my only thing with him is that he might be lacking that 'special something'. He looks cool, great theme, but he really doesnt do anything special compared to the other orc bonding options. I suppose he should be able to survive pretty good, but offering a single attack of three for his orc buddies is somewhat lacklustre.

I suppose it depends what game you plan to play him in. In a huge orc army with both melee orcs and arrow orcs he would be pretty good, but then again he really has nothing on Krug or Grimnak. Maybe if he costed 90 points he would feel more worth it. His primarly roll appears to be a cheer leader with his orc enhancement and be able to absorb some hits.

Edit: Ok, so I was sitting in the car waiting for a kid to finish her music lessons. I was thinking about stuff and I was wondering how Grishnak can get some mojo without changing his essence. I was thinking that if his Orc Enhancent power had a radius of 2 it would do the trick. In LOTR he seemed to inspire his orc buddies a fair amount and was supposed to be some sort of awesome general.
With an Orc Enhancent with a radius of 2 it would motivate me to draft this guy because now he can do something that no other orc bonding option can do. Now, if I am thinking about putting an Orc army together I would be thinking that Grishnak would be a good option and would be wondering how I could fit him in. With a radius of 2 he now becomes a cheerleading tank.

Anyway, that just my 2 cents.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; March 17th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I think my only thing with him is that he might be lacking that 'special something'. He looks cool, great theme, but he really doesnt do anything special compared to the other orc bonding options. I suppose he should be able to survive pretty good, but offering a single attack of three for his orc buddies is somewhat lacklustre.

His primary roll appears to be a cheer leader with his orc enhancement and be able to absorb some hits.

I was thinking that if his Orc Enhancent power had a radius of 2 it would do the trick. With an Orc Enhancent with a radius of 2 it would motivate me to draft this guy because now he can do something that no other orc bonding option can do. With a radius of 2 he now becomes a cheerleading tank.
A Meat-shield was really what our party needed. He really helped when our party faced Charos, Braxas, and Kelda. Held up Charos while Hallas broke the other 2. Adrian would have been the Kelda assassin, but Braxas melted him. Braxas wasn't a good match for our guys at all really, she also melted Grish right before Hallas slayed her. Ended up just Hallas and Charos, and Charos barely took the win.

But you are right, he seems just a tad lacklustre. I like the idea of a 2-radius aura, that would do him justice. Hell, I could give him a 4-radius aura and pump him up to 200 points, he'd be an Orcish Spartacus

Also, NEW GUY
Tracer

Fights for Aquilla
Human

Unique Hero
Ninja
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 1
Move 10
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
50 points

Parkour:
Tracer may ignore elevations when moving up no more than 2 levels and down no more than 5 levels. Tracer may move under, but may not stop under, overhangs smaller than his height. Tracer may move through jungle terrain pieces without stopping.
  • At the cost of 5 move, at any point possible during his move, Tracer may leap up to 3 spaces from his current position. Tracer may not leap up more than 6 levels or down more than 14 levels. Tracer may leap over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins.
  • At the cost of 10 move, Tracer may climb-up one space. Tracer may not climb-up more than 10 levels.
If Tracer is engaged before jumping or climbing-up, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Assassinate: Instead of attacking, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Tracer who does not have clear sight of Tracer, and whose base is not higher than 10 levels from the base of Tracer.
  • If the chosen figure is a common or uncommon figure, destroy it.
  • If the chosen figure is Unique, roll the 20-sided die.
    • If the chosen figure is a squad figure and you roll a 10 or higher, destroy it.
    • If the chosen figure is a hero figure and you roll an 18-20, destroy it.
If the chosen figure is destroyed, immediately place Tracer on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, Tracer is destroyed.

Ok, those have to be the two most complicated special abilities I've ever thought of XD. I wanted this guy to be like Deadeye Dan fuzed with Otonashi, and of course wrap that around an Assassin theme. And I actually think he is properly costed. He might be able to autokill, but he ALWAYS has to sneak up on them, and he has the chance to die if he's going up against uniques. Plus, Life 1 + Defense 3, do the math! XD

My aim, of course, with the Parkour special ability, was to make the most mobile Human unit possible, without giving him some sort of jetpack or something.

Assassinate just came from games like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell. Can't let them see you!

Last edited by Brewster; March 19th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM

Finalized Party (For the most part)

Entire Party:

Total Life: 18

Total Members: 4
Total Points: 500pts

Avg Life: 4.5
Avg Move: 6.5
Avg Range: 2.25

Avg Attack: 3
Avg Defense: 3.5

Roles: Defender, Menacer (2), Shark
Alignments: Good(2), Neutral(2)

Adrian Shadewalker

Fights for Vydar (True Neutral)
Drow - Toril
Unique Hero
Shadow Mage - Menacer
Remote
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 6
Range 6
Attack 3 – Avg skulls 1.5 (+1.5 adjacent)
Defense 3 – Avg shields 1
130 points

Shadow Sword +3
Cloak of Hiding: When Adrian is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Adrian is on a dungeon space, add 2 to your die roll. If Adrian is on a shadow space, add 4 to your die roll. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

Grishnakh

Fights for Einar (Lawful Neutral)
Orc – Grut
Unique Hero
Captian - Defender
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3 – Avg skulls 1.5
Defense 4 – Avg shields 1.6 (2)
200 points
Orc Captian: Any orcs with a bonding special ability may bond with Grishnakh.
Grut Orc Enhancement: All friendly Orcs from the homeworld Grut within 4 spaces of Grishnakh roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.
Attack to Block: when rolling defense dice for Grishnakh, count skulls instead of shields.

Fights for Ullar (Chaotic Good)
Human – Medieval Earth
Unique Hero
Champion - Menacer
Wild
Medium 5

Life 7
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4 – Avg skulls 2 (3)
Defense 4 – Avg shields 1.6
120 points

Shocking Blow: When rolling attack dice, Sir Hallas the Hammerhand always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
Charged Plate Armor: When Sir Hallas rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. – 29% chance wound on an attack of 3

Traceur

Fights for Aquilla (Lawful Good)
Human – Present Day Earth
Unique Hero
Ninja - Shark
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 1
Move 10
Range 1
Attack 2 – avg skulls 1
Defense 3 – avg shields 1
50 points
Parkour: Traceur may ignore elevations when moving up no more than 2 levels and down no more than 5 levels. Traceur may move under, but may not stop under, overhangs smaller than his height. Traceur may move through jungle terrain pieces without stopping.
·At the cost of 5 move, at any point possible during his move, Traceur may leap up to 3 spaces from his current position. Traceur may not leap up more than 6 levels or down more than 14 levels. Traceur may leap over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins.
·At the cost of 10 move, Traceur may climb-up one space. Traceur may not climb-up more than 10 levels.
If Tracer is engaged before jumping or climbing-up, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Assassinate: Instead of attacking, choose any opponent’s figure within 3 spaces of Traceur who does not have clear sight of Traceur, and whose base is not higher than 10 levels from the base of Traceur.
  • If the chosen figure is a common or Uncommon figure, destroy it.
  • If the chosen figure is Unique, roll the 20-sided die.
  • If the chosen figure is a squad figure and you roll a 7 or higher, destroy it.
  • If the chosen figure is a hero figure and you roll an 16-20, destroy it.
If the chosen figure is destroyed, immediately place Traceur on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, Traceur is destroyed. - 25% chance autokill heroes, 65% chance autokill squads

Last edited by Brewster; March 20th, 2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Egads! Grishnak at 200 points! Even with the radius of 4 for orc enhancement I am not sure if he qualifies for that. I gues you dont have to worry about a point limit for your party because that a lot of points to spend on an Orc Captain when you have no other orcs in the group.

Tracer with move of 10, wow. Super fast, I guess he will be your glyph grabber? That is an insane move.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Egads! Grishnak at 200 points! Even with the radius of 4 for orc enhancement I am not sure if he qualifies for that. I gues you dont have to worry about a point limit for your party because that a lot of points to spend on an Orc Captain when you have no other orcs in the group.

Tracer with move of 10, wow. Super fast, I guess he will be your glyph grabber? That is an insane move.
I think Grish's point cost is proper. He can boost ANY orcs, that includes other heroes, attack and defense, and any orcs, ranged or melee, can bond with him. And on top of that, he's an epic meatshield.

And yeah, Traceur is quite the mover. You should see how he moves with that Parkour ability. Not only can he move places impossible for most, he can do it better than most flyers. His defense is a bit too low for a glyph grabber though... especially with life 1. Maybe a treasure glyph grabber, but he's mainly our cleanup/beasty killer. He sure helps deal with the Trolls and Hydra ;D As long as he can sneak up on them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs