Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Agent Carr

The Book of Agent Carr

Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: On his home planet Earth, Agent Carr was a revered master of Krav Maga, the 'no rules' art of face-to-face street combat. With his superhuman senses, lightning-fast reflexes and advanced stealth techniques, Agent Carr simply cannot be caught off-guard. A cautious man who leaves nothing to chance, Carr is also well-schooled in the art of weaponry. He usually carries a gun and a long sword, both gifts from Vydar, his Valkyrie General. Agent Carr is the strong, silent type who asks few questions, and answers even fewer. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
GHOST WALK
Agent Carr can move through all figures.

SWORD OF RECKONING 4
If Agent Carr is attacking an adjacent figure, add 4 dice to Agent Carr’s attack.

DISENGAGE
Agent Carr is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
- LAGLOR: Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
Being a Vydar figure with a range greater than 4, Agent Carr may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

- AGENT SKAHEN: Cover Fire
Having a Tricky personality, Agent Carr may benefit from Agent Skahen's COVER FIRE.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- OTONASHI: Tricky Speed 4
Since Agent Carr has a Tricky personality, if Otonashi starts her turn adjacent to him, she may add 4 to her move.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Strategy Notes:
- Agent Carr is a man of great power, and has many weapons in his arsenal. Unlike most figures, he can attack with range even though his strength lies in melee combat. In fact, if you compare them side- y-side, Agent Carr has the same melee attack as Sgt. Drake Alexander, but one more defense dice! However, he is slightly less durable than Jandar’s great soldier with a life of 4 vs. 5. He has the ability to walk through all figures and he is never attacked while leaving engagements. This gives him the very thematic ability to run straight at whatever figure he wants, firing with his ranged attack as he runs along. The targeted figure can only hope that his allies can inflict a few wounds on Agent Carr as he barrels towards him. (Hasbro FAQ)
Who else could I draft with Agent Carr?
- Krav Maga Agents
The Krav Maga Agents are a great support squad for Agent Carr. Their ability to deflect all ranged attack with only one shield makes them exactly the squad Agent Carr wants watching his back while he’s rushing into battle. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Laglor
While not drafted to solely compliment Agent Carr, Laglor can be an immense help in an army composed entirely of Vydar figures, specially if you drafted ranged squads like the Microcorp Agents, or the Krav Maga Agents. Also, while Carr is within 4 clear sight spaces of Laglor, his range is boosted to a formidable 8. Laglor, Carr, and the rest of the ranged army can just sit back and fire on any advancing army, till they are close enough for Agent Carr to run up and start striking them down with his Sword of Reckoning. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Major Q9
Not that Q9 really needs support; he’s a one Soulborg wrecking machine. However, with his Queglix Gun Special Attack, he can take out the cannon fodder in your opponent’s army and leave the strong melee Heroes to Agent Carr. True, Agent Carr has as much life as Q9 (4), but Carr’s higher than average melee attack of 6 makes him well suited to take out those tough to destroy heroes quickly and efficiently. Plus, if Carr falters, Q9 is there to back him up, with deadly Soulborg efficiency. (Hasbro FAQ)
Who does Agent Carr work well against?
- Kozuke Samurai
With most Samurai, the safe bet is to target them with range and take your chances that you can take them out before they can catch up to you. However, the Kozuke are a bit different. If they can reach you in the same turn, they can move up to 8 spaces (3 more than their base move thanks to their Charging Assault special power). Because of that, the normal ranged strategy might not work against them. You need a strong Hero to stand between them and the rest of your army and take at least one of them out quickly. The Kozuke are also Unique, so as soon as you cut one of them down, you have also cut down their intimidation factor (2 attacks per turn instead of 3). By using a strong Hero you can cut down on the chance that they will be able to use Counterstrike, and you can maximize the chances that your attacks will hit their mark. Pay attention to your opponent’s order markers and try to strike when he only has one turn left, or only one order marker on the Kozuke. Hopefully, the gamble will pay off, and Agent Carr can destroy this Samurai Squad before it can threaten your army. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Brunak
If Brunak is let loose against your squad figures, they won’t last long at all. Even though he has a very low life of 3, it is protected well by a higher than average defense of 7. He’s a beast to take down. Because of that, he will rumble up to your squad and utilize his Blood Hungry Special Attack to attempt to take out one after another, all in the same turn! That kind of ferocity needs to be dealt with quickly. Agent Carr’s defense of 4 makes him able to withstand Brunak’s attacks for a turn or two before he starts taking critical damage. Remember, you have a higher chance of rolling a skull than a shield on a combat die roll. Use that to your advantage and hope Agent Carr’s sword of Reckoning can land a few well-placed blows and take down Utgar’s raging Trolticor before he can decimate your army. (Hasbro FAQ)
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Agent Carr- While a bit delicate, Carr can hit hard when needed. C+

OEAO: Agent Carr- Nice for his ability to create action and draw the opponent in to set up his 6-die melee attack. Not the tankiest figure so he should be used opportunistically. If you jam him in the middle, he's going to die. Kite from range and poke the edges of your opponent's army. C+

Cleon: Tier 4 (166/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C+

Master Index
Just How Awesome is Agent Carr?
Agent Carr Strategy
Ghost Walk through Castle Door?
Sword of Reckoning

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 5th, 2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Remember, Agent Carr can move through all figures. This includes ennemy figures as well as friendly engaged figures.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
But NOT the castle door...since it is not a figure.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
But NOT the castle door...since it is not a figure.

Adam
Or a ruin, tree, pillar, etc.

Old May 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Something that they failed to mention in Strategies for Carr is that he is a great Raelin killer. So many people recruit Raelin to pump up their defense that a counter for her has to seriously be considered. Carr can run right through your opponents front line and zone in on Raelin.

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Ghost walk is indeed great for this purpose. Ninjas of the Northern Wind also make great assassins. I may have to work on a build with this in response to my Objectives article.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old July 14th, 2007, 08:57 AM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I would add that Carr is great against the rats w/ his 6 attack and ghostyness. He can free up your ranged guys if the rats are bothering them.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:28 PM

scarecrowking is surprisingly tart
Hi folks. Not to hijack, or what, but this made me think- what about Cyberclaw? I remember someone asking, but I lost internet for a while, and now i get other stuff when I search.

Brian
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:31 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrowking
Hi folks. Not to hijack, or what, but this made me think- what about Cyberclaw? I remember someone asking, but I lost internet for a while, and now i get other stuff when I search.

Brian
He still has to stay in place. Ghost Walk doesn't save him from Cyberclaw.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:33 AM

Silver1327 has disabled reputation
DEATHWALKER please elaborate on why you think his abilities are phenomenal. My guess is it allows Agent Carr to move through the field to choose his target. If he wants to attack, say, Raelin he can move through his opponets figures and find cover. With this he is able to sneak around.

Now if your opponed realizes your target Agent Carr can get out of there and then wait for the next chance. Alternatively he could choose a different target while your opponets loaded up on Order Markers for protecting the first one. The opponets weaker units will stay away knowing he can't be tied down (minus Gladitrons and Major X17) and his Sword of Reckoning. With these abilities I view them to make Agent Carr truly tricky as his personality. He can make you think you are going after his support unit, (Raelin, Taelord, Most Flagbearers, ect.) and load up Order Markers on protecting them. You then are able to get at least one free attack on a sleeping unit usually.

If you think your opponet may come after you, Agent Carr can retreat and come at a different angle. This of course is if your basing and Army around him. Against heavy hitters he won't last long. If they start coming that's where his abilities kick in again. You can choose to retreat from them and when your opponet starts focusing on a different part of the battle field you attack when no Order Markers are on them. Agent Carr can retreat on his last turn and possibly fire a ranged shot to try to do more damage.

This seems to justify his Tricky personality as it seems to be a decent way to use him in battle. Now if the heavy hitter is after Agent Carr you can tie him down with some of your Pawn units. Then while Order Markers are spent on getting away from them you may go after your original target.

Just my
Old December 6th, 2007, 02:52 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
I think people underestimate the power of having 6 attack dice. It is really a huge plateau.

On average your getting 3 hits on an attack, not too many figures for the points have his attack, and his versatility.
Old October 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Agent Carr

I already posted this in Agent Skahen's book but since it really involved both Skahen and Carr as a team I though I'd post it here as well...

I guess this could count as a sort of battle report but it was too funny to not mention in Skahen's book...

Last Monday, during my weekly Heroscaping at Armada Games I watched a game between my friends David and Vaughn.

David fielded...
Zombies x7 - 420
ROTV Raelin - 500

Vaughn fielded...
Skahen - 120
Carr - 220
Krav Maga - 320
Warriors of Ashra x2 - 420
Shotgun Sam - 485
Otonashi - 495

Towards the end of the game, the Zombies had overrun Vaughn's ranged forces (Vaughn started out strong but some very unlucky rolls with the WoA left his range open to attack, and the zombies kept reviving with everyone they killed ). At the end of the game it was 1 squad of WoA, Carr, Shotgun Sam, and Skahen against an almost completely revived Zombie army (Raelin being killed earlier).

After Shotgun Sam went down, Skahen got virtually all the order markers and was able to run and gun her way onto a small tower on the side of the map accessible only by a short ladder. As she killed zombies Carr followed her, leaving engagements and walking through everybody. Vaughn got Skahen up onto the small tower (5 height) and proceeded to pick off zombies, usually 2 every turn. Carr followed her up the ladder and stood in front of her with his higher defense like a body guard. (he was blocking at the top of the ladder to keep Skahen safe)

What proceeded was the most hilarious and loud game ending I've ever seen. David (with his zombies) got ahold of the move glyph and swarmed all around the tower while Skahen and Carr, with multiple wounds each, re-enacted something that could have been from Dawn of the Dead or Resident Evil. Only 2 and sometimes 3 zombies could attack from low ground each turn while Skahen killed 2 zombies almost every turn with Carr taking most of the Zombies' attacks.

We were all laughing our heads off as David pulled out his hair in disbelief at the final stand the two wounded heroes were making. After several ROUNDS of this, Skahen was killed by a bad defense roll (having only 1 lifepoint left) and Carr was left alone with a zombie on high ground behind him. Somehow he still managed to survive another round and 2 turns, cutting down 4 more zombies with that sword of his before he died.

It looked really one sided for a long time until both Skahen and Carr made their stand. Skahen killed at least 300 points worth of zombies before falling and Carr killed about 100-120 points. It was a loss that still felt like a victory for Vaughn.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units