Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 14th, 2014, 10:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The G.I. Joe Project

My son and I are making our way through the 80's show now. He likes it so far. Not as much as he liked Voltron or likes original Transformers but we are only 3 episodes in.

He loved your cobra soldiers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That is great to hear! I actually grew up with the comic books but also watched the cartoon too. So many of my design decisions will be influenced by the comic book version of characters & events.
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

You do know that both versions of Storm Shadow had a sword and bow, right? I still have both figures, Cobra SS came with nunchuks, and backpack that was both a quiver for arrows and scabbard for his katana and knife. He also had a bow that popped on and off of it. Joe SS had a Wolverine-like claw, a compound bow, and a backpack that was more square but also held his sword and had arrow details on it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I know he has the bow while with Cobra too. I just wanted to make sure the Joe version and Cobra version was distinct from each other and having the two designs focus on different weapons seemed like a good idea.
Old July 15th, 2014, 08:21 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That is great to hear! I actually grew up with the comic books but also watched the cartoon too. So many of my design decisions will be influenced by the comic book version of characters & events.
He's 6 so he doesnt make any distinctions yet. as long as its the same name and general look he's good.

It is cool watchin toons I remember.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 20th, 2014, 07:17 PM
C3G Landlord

While gearing up for some Baroness tests, I decided to make a small change to the Cobra Leadership power. I'm dropping the bonding range from 8 down to 6, that moves it more in line with what C3G's sidekick bonding range. Even though I tested Destro with it at range 8, I'm going to leave him at 180 points for now.
Old July 20th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I painted up a few more minis. Previously I worked on Cobra units, now I have some actual joes. I mostly followed what you've already done YK. Few changes though. I used Crossbones for Roadblock (really like the gun for him). I used the hat from the zombie drill sergeant for Slaughter and I added a nunchuck to Quick Kick that was from the Ronin figure. Overall I'm quite happy with them.

Spoiler Alert!

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old July 20th, 2014, 10:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Looking good! I bought a bunch of those BATS minis a few weeks ago. It will be a while before I get around to doing them but they are at least in the pipeline now.
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work on those fret!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I REALLY like your use of Wonderman there for Sgt. Slaughter! Paint jobs look excellent!!!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Unit Tested:

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (The Baroness)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
pass
- Give a brief overview. With her powers, solo tests would not tell us anything. These two squad tests will see how her base stats and bonding power stacks up with other squad/hero bonding options. Counterintelligence will not come into play as she has no hero allies to move and no X OM powers to disrupt. Based on my HoSS Major Derlin testing, the Counter Intelligence power is worth around 20 points.
Map: Swamps of Dagobah
Units: The Baroness @100, Hydra Agents x3 (340) vs. Hand Ninja x2, Elektra (340)
Spoiler Alert!

- Give a brief overview. Came down to who won initiative in the final round.
Units: The Baroness @100, Cobra Troopers x3 (250) vs. Street Thugs x2, Black Mask (250)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 120
- Give a brief overview. Giving her some allies now and bumping her points up by 20. While the Wrecking Crew has no X OM power to disrupt, if she can find the X OM Deadshot & Ghost can both benefit from the a free move.
Units: The Baroness @120, A.I.M. Agents x3, Deadshot, Ghost, Crimson Dynamo (800) vs. The Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Baroness got no real help from her rag tag band of hero allies. Dynamo & Ghost both died without ever rolling attack dice, while Deadshot only managed to deal 1W of damage on 2 attacks. AIM proved to be a pretty effective bonding option though. Baroness & the AIM Agents (360 points) essentially took out 2 of the Wrecking Crew (380 points)
- Give a brief overview. Both Night Wing and Cyborg use the X OM, so removing it would be quite helpful for team Cobra. I threw Black Panther in so Destro could boost his range as he is at the top of the Arms Dealer synergy list with 6 attack. Baroness may help move Black Widow into position to pounce and having two Cobra leaders to bond with the Troopers should help them excel. Weather Wizard will try to protect all of them from ranged attacks and Baroness may also be able to move him up. So this should be a pretty good evaluation of the current tested Cobra units.
Units: The Baroness @ 120, Destro, Cobra Troopers x4, Black Panther, Weather Wizard (800) vs. Night Wing, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Game momentum seemed to swing back and forth a few times and it was fairly close at the end even though Cobra no longer had the fire power to beat Ravens’ Magical Defense/Wound Transfer combo. The X removal & bonus movement was useful, blocking Cyborg from healing twice & moving Destro up into range for his SA. Black Panther only used the ranged attack once before engaging to negate the Jungle and/or high ground bonus, but that one attack was pretty helpful as it killed Nightwing. Having 2 Cobra Leadership figures kept the Cobra Troopers involved.
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Baroness lost the two team tests @ 120 points but I'm going to leave her at 120 for now as she seemed to pull her weight in both games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations