Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 12th, 2011, 11:28 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker
The 40K Project

Hi Everybody,

I have not put a lot of thought into this idea, and came up with it just a few minutes ago, but thought I would get it out there to see what people thought. I have recently gotten intrested in Warhammer 40K and althought I don't own any sets or anything I thought it would be really cool to make custom heroscape cards for the 40K miniatures. Has anyone else tried doing something similar?

If I end up going through with this I would love to get some others who may be intrested in working on the project with me. If you are big into 40K and know a lot or know nothing about it but it sounds intresting then let me know. I was thinking starting by breaking the 40K armies into certain heroscape generals then working either one at a time or a little of each by making cards and getting them out there.

All in all, this isn't anything official yet, but I just wanted to get the idea out there and see if it was just going to become a dead thread or if maybe there was a spark of intrest.

For those who are unsure of what Warhammer 40K is here is a link to the Games Workshop website: Games Workshop

Thanks All!
~Bamoguy~

Don't worry about above, the 40K Project as of now is on it's feet and alive with myself and Utgars_General. For information on being a part of the project or just to get in contact with us please see page 5 or send me a pm.

Here are the general breakdowns being used.

Blood Angels: Einar
Chaos Daemons: Valkrill
Chaos Space Marines: Utgar
Dark Eldar: Utgar
Eldar: Ullar
Grey Knights: Vydar
Imperial Guard: Jandar
Necrons: Utgar
Orks: Aquilla
Space Marines: Vydar
Space Wolves: Vydar
Tau Empire: Aquilla
Tyranids: Utgar
Witch Hunters: Jandar

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube

Last edited by bamoguy; July 24th, 2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The 40K Project

There are quite a few Warhammer & WH40K sets that would make for great HS customs...The largest stumbling block is the cost of said minis (we are talking Games Workshop after all,) building the plastic ones & painting them.

BTW, the Warhammer thread is here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9575

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The other issue is scale. Heroscape is 28 mm scale, and I think warhammer is about half that so their tallest human-like figures are smaller than the HS/D&D goblins. The warhammer large robots and aliens MAY work if you just consider them smaller units for HS.
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
The other issue is scale. Heroscape is 28 mm scale, and I think warhammer is about half that so their tallest human-like figures are smaller than the HS/D&D goblins. The warhammer large robots and aliens MAY work if you just consider them smaller units for HS.
This is completely wrong. Both games are heroic 28mm scale, and should match up quite closely, I would imagine.
Other than that, it is an interesting, but very huge project. GW has some amazing models, and painting them up to a Heroscape standard would be simple. Good luck.
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I know the game you're thinking of and it's from GW but it's not 40K.

40K is indeed the right size and if the customs are done correctly it would be a good match for HS.

Good luck bamoguy.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 13th, 2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: I'm actually working on bloodbowl customs at the moment.
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yea, sorry - maybe it is Warhammer Fantasy Battles where you fight in troops of 20 or 30 units in an army. Those figures are about 1/2 the size, but I guess Warhammer 40,000 is larger.
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not super familiar with Games Workshop, but I don't know of any miniatures they sell that are not 28mm. Warhammer Fantasy Battle is most certainly 28 mm as well.
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:49 AM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

There is no scale issue with the 40K models. It is just a big project. I was thinking of just starting with the basics of each army, but it is a big project. So is there anyone who is willing to tackel the idea with me? Maybe even just slightly intrested?

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old June 14th, 2011, 02:30 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I've noticed that 40k units are a tiny bit smaller than heroscape units but not so much that it causes problems. I'd be willing if I can find the time. I have some Space Marines, Tyranids, and a fledgling Imperial Guard army to offer as well as these customs I made a while back:
Spoiler Alert!

Tell me what you think, I just pulled them off a word document and didn't even look at them. Those are from back when I just had a Battle for Macragge box set. I'd be willing to try and make some Imperial Guard customs too if you want. Are you planning on making these compatible with heroscape units or an entirely seperate group?
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:13 AM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker

I probably wasn't going to put my 40K customs up for a while but you have inpired me to go ahead and do it. I'll put the Fire Warriors here and in my customs thread. If you want to see the other 4 cards they will be there. My brother and I have bought some Warhammer 40K stuff because we liked the Dawn of War PC game and have been slowly, and I mean over years slowly, been working on it. Recently we have been getting more motivated so they should be done in a couple of months. We are working on a Tau Crisis Suit, Tau Broadside, Elite Fire Warriors, Tau Stealth Suits, Kroot Carnivores, Kroot Shaper, Necron Warriors, and a Necron Lord. We have a Tau Pirahna but we may not make it, it came in a box set. I'd like to eventually do a Greater Knarloc, but it comes from Europe only (as far as I have found) and is freaking expensive.

I'll try to put up some scale photos eventually, but in actual play any size difference has gone unnoticed.
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Utgars_General is surprisingly tart

And I was about to launch my idea for a Games Workshop wave...

The little mini game is Epic, not 40k. I'd rip my eyes out if it was.

My Customs Last Updated: June 9th, 2011
-Now with space-and-time saving organization, and 'Nids!
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

It would be very cool to have some generic WH4K card designs. I would go for the cards representing the basic unit with no weapon, basically representing the armor and bare fist. Then each unit can fill up a couple weapon slots with weapon glyphs that grant ranged attacks (like a bolter), enhanced melee attacks (like lightning claws), or enhanced defense (with a shield). Some stuff (like a heavy flamer) would use both weapon slots.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards