Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 19th, 2016, 06:31 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gen Con 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

Are we having prize support? I am willing to fork up a master set or expansion if there is no set provided. I would also like to see some of the Gencon dice, t-shirts, and trophy that the heroscape winners are getting too.
Prize support for all events at this point is dice (already painted...they look great!), which go to the 1st place winner. Depending on the number of participants and event, other dice may be also be awarded, more likely for sportsmanship or army design than for second place. We may be getting some AotP product, but we probably won't know for sure until we're there.

Obviously, anyone who wants to help with prize support is welcome to do so. It's certainly not necessary to do so; very cool when people do that, though.

Quote:
Are the road rules but no other terrain rules in play? I think we should not have any of the Magic:AotP games on Fire Isles as we should not do lava rules and that map was designed with lava rules in mind. Now that I think about is since there are no "rounds" in AotP we couldn't do lava field rules if we wanted too. Wendigo has normal snow & ice so is no issue, and I don't think the other 3 maps (Quasatch Playground, Burial Marsh, Vestige) will be too bad if we don't play with Jungle or Shadow rules. If we wanted to, we could substitute one of the maps from the official scenario booklets, including the new Shadows over Innistrad one with Cryptoliths, or the Walmart exclusive one.
I've been thinking of using the same maps. I have played at home with the heroscape terrain rules, including the molten lava, (but not the end of round lava). I think it's more fun with the terrain rules, but perhaps it's easier to say they are not in effect. (If two players want to use them in their own match, I'm happy to let them.)

Quote:
Is there a Magic:AotP glyph pool? Assuming all glyphs from both sets will be equally distributed. I guess we need enough glyphs for at least 8 maps which is 2 of each master set. I can provide one set of each if someone else provides another.
We do printed out glyphs attached to the maps. I had planned on using the same glyph pool for AotP, but it might be simpler to switch the AotP map glyphs. I'll give this some thought.

Quote:
Could we provide armies, cards, markers, and dice if someone wanted to use in the open play? I can bring my sets at least.
That's fine if you want to. We will have those for the Learn to Play, but I don't plan on providing them for open play. (In the past, if someone comes with nothing, someone usually lets them borrow some. If that person is you, that's great!)

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old July 19th, 2016, 08:20 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
It will not be Astrid. There will be a glyph there, but from the pool. (Pool is very similar to last year; probably identical)
Here is the glyph post from last year by stubobj. Please confirm or deny the reality or unreality.

Glyph Pool:

Healer
D20
Unique Attack
Wound
Move
Initiative

Heroic Rune
Ring of Protection
Potion of Healing
Elixir of Speed
Brooch of Shielding
Scarab of Invulnerability
Belt of Strength
Whetstone of Venom

When maps have been built the Power glyphs will randomly be placed at each map. These glyphs will not change once placed.

Black Root uses Treasure Glyphs. These Treasure glyphs will be placed the same as the Power glyphs. Even though they are face up and known they will still be treated like any Treasure glyph so you must roll for the trap.

For Treasure Quest a pool of 5 random glyphs will be placed at each map. These glyphs will need to be placed faced down in designated spots for Treasure Quest. Black Root will have 7 total Treasure glyphs but the 5 for Treasure Quest will be face down and random.

Trap: Destroy a Treasure Glyph you control. If you don't control any Treasure Glyphs your opponent rolls 3 attack dice against you that you may defend.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old July 23rd, 2016, 02:05 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm assuming Valkrill is considered Utgar for General Wars?
Old July 25th, 2016, 02:14 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[quote=The Orange Mailman;2102659]
Quote:

Glyph Pool:

Healer
D20
Unique Attack
Wound
Move
Initiative

When maps have been built the Power glyphs will randomly be placed at each map. These glyphs will not change once placed.
This is the glyph pool. (Same as last year, but with no treasure glyphs.)

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old July 25th, 2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I'm assuming Valkrill is considered Utgar for General Wars?
Yes.

I think it would be cool to have it separate, but not sure there's enough room. Maybe next year we'll have Valkrill switch allegiance to Ullar or something...

Old July 25th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

[quote=fomox;2103471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
Quote:

Glyph Pool:

Healer
D20
Unique Attack
Wound
Move
Initiative

So no Treasure Glyphs on Burial Marsh then?
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:30 PM

[quote=vegietarian18;2103477]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
Quote:

Glyph Pool:

Healer
D20
Unique Attack
Wound
Move
Initiative

So no Treasure Glyphs on Burial Marsh then?
That's correct. (No glyphs in those two spots.)

Old July 28th, 2016, 09:20 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

I was wondering about the team up. do we both bring 800 points or do we bring all together 800 points combined.
Old July 28th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
I was wondering about the team up. do we both bring 800 points or do we bring all together 800 points combined.
800 total

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 28th, 2016, 03:41 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

thanks
Old July 29th, 2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
800 total
And note that you have to be within 100 points of each other AND 4 hexes. (So, 350 and 450 is the largest difference in army size, and 10 and 14 is the largest hex difference.) Very hard to fit in a lot of repeat common squads for either player. Hopefully we end up with some fun army builds as a result.

Old July 29th, 2016, 07:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

For team games, see "Friendly" or "You Control"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Friendly
Utgar
1. Swog Rider – Orc Archer Enhancement – “All friendly Orc Archers”
2. Dumutef Guard – Devourer Attack Enhancement – “All friendly Devourers”
3. Khosumet – Relentless Assault – “Each friendly figure”
4. Tornak – Orc Warrior Enhancement – “All friendly Orc Warriors”
5. Brunak – Carry – “friendly”
6. Grimnak – Orc Warrior Enhancement – “All friendly Orc Warriors”
7. Tul-Bak-Ra - Teleport Reinforcements - "one friendly Marro Squad figure"

Jandar
8. Concan – Knight and Sentinel Enhancement – “All friendly Knights and Sentinels”
9. Finn – Attack Aura 1 – “All friendly figures”
10. Thorgrim – Defensive Aura 1 – “All friendly figures”
11. Sir Gilbert – Attack Aura 1 – “All friendly figures”

Einar
12. Marcus Decimus Gallus – Soldier Attack Enhancement – “All friendly Soldiers”

Ullar
13. Acolarh – Ullar’s Amulet – “All friendly figures”
14. Theracus – Carry – “unengaged friendly small or medium figure”
15. Kyntela Gwyn - Strength of Oak Aura 1 - "All friendly Elves adjacent"

Vydar
16. Laglor – Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura – “All friendly figures…who follow Vydar”

Aquilla
17. Brave Arrow - Scout Melee Attack Enhancement - "All friendly Scouts"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Yeah, I need to update this...but it's going to be after Christmas before I get the time. <sigh>
It is almost 1 year. Maybe if I get some time I will help by listing the Wave 10-13 units.

In addition to figures with a power that specifically lists "friendly" figures, this list should also have units that can be used on anyone but are particularly helpful in team games.
Of the top of my head and a quick run through battleplan, add:
Kelda - Healing
Greater Ice Elemental - Ice Cold
Jotun - Throw
Shurrak - Knockback
Fin, Thorgrim, Eldgrimm - Spirits
Mika Connour - Blend Into Shadow
Tandros Kreel - Combat Challenge
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior - Spear of Summoning
Werewolf Lord - Lycanthropy & Moon Frenzy
Mind Flayer Mastermind - Enslave 17
Doctor Doom - Mind Exchange 17
Gladiatrons - Cyberclaw
Major X17 - Cyberclaw
Heirloom - Mage Hand

Maybe a new list of "Figures whose powers can help teammates" needs to be created as that is ultimately what I am going for.
Again, needs D&D added to list. Of the above, Marcus, Laglor, Acolarh, Brave Arrow, and the healers I think are the most useful to help a teammate. However, I could see one team with heavy/grut orcs and another with arrow gruts, or one team the lockdown units like rats and/or trons and another team with range, or one team with Knights of Weston and Vikings and another with Unique heroes and squads to put the spirits.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con