Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 29th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Perhaps, hi, you have seen this thread.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 29th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
So it looks like it is introducing a kill the summoner/planeswalker victory condition to the game. It's not earthshattering, but it is a new way to play that didn't really make sense before. It would be interesting to try to figure out a conventional Heroscape analog.
There is one. It's called Kill the King. We've played it a couple times at our Louisville tourney. The TD will list a point total that the hero has to be (such as 120 points, at the last one we did) and you have one hero set to be the King that has to be killed on your side for your opponent to kill. The first one to do so wins the game!
Old October 29th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Oooooh pick me! I want my first RevRep! I'm a good Presbyterian boy!
You have now been Rev Repped.
Old October 30th, 2014, 05:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

But did he actually sign it? Now, that would be a treasure!
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Oooooh pick me! I want my first RevRep! I'm a good Presbyterian boy!
You have now been Rev Repped.
So good to see you here again, Rev!

--

I think it's important we take this game as what it is. It is not Heroscape. Tom calls it Heroscape 2.0, but it's a different animal.

There is card play, there are squads but no uniques, except the summoner, and the game focuses on eliminating the summoner/planeswalker.

Even though I've jokingly called it MagicScape, this game is not meant to be Heroscape, but it uses core aspects of Heroscape to create another excellent CVN release. Interestingly enough, it also captures some of the best things in Summoner Wars, Magic, Dungeon Command, etc.

This is a new thing. A really cool, Heroscape-related, new thing. I'm excited for it, as I said, and I trust CVN to dial it in well and give us something really strong.

As has already been said in this thread, if you enjoy Heroscape, the best answer is to play Heroscape. If you want something new, check out the remarkable custom work being done here at Scapers. Heroscape is still excellent and it's as alive as your playing habits allow it to be.

This is something else that looks exciting (and that I'm sure we'll use to create some more great customs for Scape from), but that on its own is worthwhile and exciting.
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very good points 1Mmirg. However it's hard not to look at this as Heroscape 2.0 because it's so very close. The terrian, the dice, the way the cards are laid out, the very essence of scape. This is a game labeled Magic, but it is very much run on the heroscape game engine.

I just hope that they will throw us a bone and give us a PDF of the units for heroscape. Like buy the game and we give you a code or something.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Very good points 1Mmirg. However it's hard not to look at this as Heroscape 2.0 because it's so very close. The terrian, the dice, the way the cards are laid out, the very essence of scape. This is a game labeled Magic, but it is very much run on the heroscape game engine.

I just hope that they will throw us a bone and give us a PDF of the units for heroscape. Like buy the game and we give you a code or something.
That would be cool, clan!

I worry that card play and the focus on killing a single unit, though, will end up making these units less direct Scape clones than we'd like. I think we may have to trust the C3V and SoV (or perhaps others) to do the best they can to use the units and adapt them to classic Scape.

We'll see.

What I know is that I'm excited to try this out. If it's blends Scape, Summoner Wars, Magic, Dungeon Command, and the like together effectively--this could be a really excellent game, all on its own.
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like Summonerscape to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 30th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Seems like Summonerscape to me.
This is exactly my thought as well. Looks like Heroscape, plays like Summoner Wars.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 30th, 2014, 02:01 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

There was a Magic video game on Xbox a while ago. When Summoner Wars came out it reminded me of the Magic VG, this new Magic BG is even closer to it.
Old October 30th, 2014, 03:46 PM

Hackmaster +12 is surprisingly tart

I can't wait to try this one!
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:58 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart

I will join in on the reunion of sorts. Looking forward to this one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion