Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old April 4th, 2020, 12:49 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League: Special Event - Worst Army - Championshi

Who brought the worst of the worst?

Finals starting now!
Old April 4th, 2020, 01:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League: - Worst Army - CONGRATS VEGIETARIAN18

I lost our rematch and a very exciting and very swingy game. With huge initiative rolls, encircles, negations, and Sharpshooters. Everything you could ask for in a championship game. I'll let Vegie write up the report and any feedback on the format would be appreciated!
Old April 4th, 2020, 02:28 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League: - Worst Army - CONGRATS VEGIETARIAN18

After coming up short in the Classic League finals in the last two seasons, I beat kevindola in our rematch and claimed my first Classic League title.

The game was substantially different than our first one because we knew each other's likely openers. The first time, kevin opened with Dan in an effort ping down my Obsidians with Ullar Enhanced Rifle sending their defense to 0. That time, after a quick feint with Obsidians, I opened with Morsbane planning to use his high life and rod of negation to chase down Dan. This time, I didn't want to move my Obsidians out of my startzone at all; there was no need to risk getting them even close to Dan. So I sent out Darrak and Morsbane as a scouting party. Kevin led with straight Morsbane, knowing that I was likely to send out my Morsbane to duel his. His Morsbane had a move boost from Acolarh so was in the center of the board trying and failing to pick up a treasure glyph and trying and failing a negation on my Morsbane turn 1. The two Morsbanes dueled on the level 4 hill; kevin's Morsbane picked up the Ring of Protection but immediately burnt it and whiffed 5 defense to a 3/3 skull roll from my Morsbane and took 3 wounds. His Morsbane negated my Darrak, but rolled 0/3 skulls with his attack twice. A turn later my Morsbane 20ed his Morsbane off the board. I used my free turn to take a negation shot with Morsbane on to Dan, but it failed. kevin's R2 OM3 was smartly on Yari, who greatly threatened Morsbane, so I stepped him back.

R3, fearing (maybe overfearing) a Yari-screened Deadeye Dan, I still kept my Obsidians in my startzone and sent my heroes into the Yari grinder. Morsbane stepped back into Encircle territory in the middle of the board, and tried and failed two more negations on Dan before succumbing to spears, only taking 2 Yari off the board with his normal attack. Losing Morsbane without negating Dan put me in a really bad spot. Negated Darrak and Sudema was not enough to work with. The two of them only took 1 Yari off the board; the Yari just rolled through slaying the heroes. I had put my R4 OM3 on the Obsidians anticipating this, and I got a huge initiative switch to bust the Yari from 5 farmers down to 2. One of the last Yari landed a kill on an Obsidian which took me down to 5 lava giants.

R5, I raced the other Obsidians across the board not engaging the Yari, knowing that I needed to catch Dan more than anything else. kevin had his R5 OM3 on Dan that round and sniped down one of the three Obsidians that were racing towards him, leaving me with only two. I won the next initiative, dodged Dan's next Ullar Enhanced Rifle shot, then started smashing the Cowboy. He lived through the first volley and took an Obsidian down to 0 defense the old school way (I had left him in water). After that though, Dan was in trouble. He died the following turn, and one of my other Obsidians caught up and smashed in Acolarh, then the two fish, just in time for my last Obsidian to kill DW7K with Wannok.

Really fun season. I thought all of the games were really strategic and dynamic. You really had to squeeze value out of everything your opponent gave you. Every army having such bad offense made positioning and order markers very important. I wouldn't run it again because I think that Chris Perkins and I had the best possible builds given the restrictions and everyone would run something very close to ours, but maybe with some rules adjustments to make the meta uncertain again it could work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events