Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 17th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Shade the Changing Man (VOTE for Editing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
So does he never attack normally? Or is it be never wounded anyone with a normal! attack?
He's dealt some wounds with his normal attack in some playtests. For example, he did 3 to Liu Kang in 1 game. (5th set of playtests, game 1) But you're not really drafting him to be a normal attacker. There's very little incentive to activate him just to use his normal attack when you can just activate Commander Rogers or whoever else can attack better than Shade.
Old March 17th, 2020, 05:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah ongoing youngest to last set of test. They were hidden in a spoiler.

But FTR the point I was going to make was that if he's not attacking why have a penalty in his attack. But then I saw the other set of tests.

If the other testers are comfortable with the cost then I don't have much to say. Initially I was concerned with the low appearing cost on a 5 life wound manipulator. But that's just the Raven and Cosmic Cube flashbacks talking.

YEa

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 17th, 2020, 08:25 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Initially I was concerned with the low appearing cost on a 5 life wound manipulator. But that's just the Raven and Cosmic Cube flashbacks talking.
It helps that his is tied to a D-20 and not just an 'X' reveal like Raven's.

Yea I'm working on the wording.
Old March 17th, 2020, 08:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Shade the Changing Man (Editing, Finally)

Thanks gang, this passes!

Yeah, I think a lot of us worried about the wound moving being too powerful initially, but he lacks the reliability of Raven or the sheer power of the Cube. I think he's mainly just too random and synergy-less to be a true competitive powerhouse.
Old March 17th, 2020, 10:53 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Edits below.
Quote:
CHANGING MAN
At the start of the game, roll a combat die and place it on this card. Any timefter Shade receives one or more wounds, re-roll the combat die. While the result is:
  • a skull, subtract 1 from Shade's attack and defense, and 2 from his roll for theShade's Madness Vest powerroll.
  • a shield, all opponent's figures are considered friendly to Shade.
  • a blank, the most wounds Shade can take from an attack is one.

MADNESS VEST 11
Instead of attacking with Shade, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1 or lofewer, inflict a wound on a figure you control. If you roll 11 or higher, either inflict a wound on Shade and remove a wound from the other figure's Army Card or remove a wound from Shade's Army Card and inflict a wound on the other figure. After using Madness Vest, you may use it one additional time, choosing a different figure.
For pasteability:
Quote:
CHANGING MAN
At the start of the game, roll a combat die and place it on this card. After Shade receives one or more wounds, re-roll the combat die. While the result is:
  • a skull, subtract 1 from Shade's attack and defense, and 2 from Shade's Madness Vest roll.
  • a shield, all opponent's figures are considered friendly to Shade.
  • a blank, the most wounds Shade can take from an attack is one.

MADNESS VEST 11
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1 or fewer, inflict a wound on a figure you control. If you roll 11 or higher, either inflict a wound on Shade and remove a wound from the other figure or remove a wound from Shade and inflict a wound on the other figure. After using Madness Vest, you may use it one additional time, choosing a different figure.
Old March 17th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Just A Head

Thanks Karat!
Old March 18th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Just A Head

@johnny139 Any last-minute thoughts before moving on to carding? Just don’t want to hit SW with the double update.
Old March 18th, 2020, 10:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Three notes:

- for "Shade's Madness Vest roll," that SOUNDS right to me, but I can't remember the precedent. There's another similar power out there, right?
- I would go for "enemy figures" for the shield pip, since there's some minor plurality confusion in the current wording

For the last power, we have:

If you roll 11 or higher, either inflict a wound on Shade and remove a wound from the other figure or remove a wound from Shade and inflict a wound on the other figure.

And I think we should switch that to:

If you roll 11 or higher, either inflict a wound on Shade and remove a Wound Marker from the chosen figure's card or remove a Wound Marker from Shade's card and inflict a wound on the chosen figure.
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Three notes:

- for "Shade's Madness Vest roll," that SOUNDS right to me, but I can't remember the precedent. There's another similar power out there, right?
I found 3 different powers with 3 different precedents, cause of course.
Quote:
HERALD OF GALACTUS
If his Herald is a figure you control, when Galactus is adjacent to his Herald, add 2 to your roll for Devourer of Worlds.

DISSOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER
• If you roll 18 or higher, she may add 2 dice to her attack or use her Pyrokinesis special power and add 2 to the roll this turn.

THE WRATH OF RAPH
Add 1 to Raphael's Self Importance roll for each Unique Hero you control with one or more wounds and 1 for each destroyed Unique Hero in your army.
Quote:
- I would go for "enemy figures" for the shield pip, since there's some minor plurality confusion in the current wording
This part sounds good to me.

Quote:
For the last power, we have:

If you roll 11 or higher, either inflict a wound on Shade and remove a wound from the other figure or remove a wound from Shade and inflict a wound on the other figure.

And I think we should switch that to:

If you roll 11 or higher, either inflict a wound on Shade and remove a Wound Marker from the chosen figure's card or remove a Wound Marker from Shade's card and inflict a wound on the chosen figure.
Not informed enough to make a decision here, whatever you and @Karat feel is best.
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Now moves with Flying.

If we go the card route I'd have it on both ends or none. It's weird otherwise.

I definitely took the wording from Wrath of Raph.

"Enemy figures" works for me.
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:51 AM
Just A Head

If we add the card wording to both ends, will it still be able to affect squad figures?

Other than that, I'm fine with following the Raph precedent and using "enemy figures."
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:57 AM
Just A Head

Here's links to other "wound-shifter" designs so we can compare wording;
Cosmic Cube
Raven
Trigon
Looks like Shade's wording matches pretty closely to Trigon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library