Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM

dillerbocker is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD - AZ - Duel in the Desert 10.15.2011

Disorder asked me to add him to the list of att
endees at NHSD.
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
What do the orange, yellow, green, and red dots on the maps signify
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeLunatic View Post
They're usually specifying a glyph placement. Orange dots should be the start location for the players.
There's too many of them to all be glyphs. (Unless we're playing with treasure glyphs too?) I can recognize the starting zones, but there are 7 to 9 extra dots on each map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillerbocker View Post
Disorder asked me to add him to the list of att
endees at NHSD.
Only two to more go for prize support!
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:55 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Thanks for the point value. Now I can start trying to build some armies.

What do the orange, yellow, green, and red dots on the maps signify?

I like the glyph selection!
Those were the maps that Ry put together for Gencon. The orange were the locations of the flags for CTF. The gold and green were for treasure glyphs and the red for the power glyphs. We will only be using the power glyphs and locations.
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

How does army placement work on Common Ground? At tournaments, I've normally just had players set up their armies simultaneously. Common Ground, however, has two starting zone locations way out by one of the glyphs. Knowing which figure my opponent is going to place on their hex (if any) would highly influence which figure I'd want to place out there.
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
How does army placement work on Common Ground? At tournaments, I've normally just had players set up their armies simultaneously. Common Ground, however, has two starting zone locations way out by one of the glyphs. Knowing which figure my opponent is going to place on their hex (if any) would highly influence which figure I'd want to place out there.
Not really seeing this tournament as that competitive.

If it comes up, I have several pieces of poster size fiber-board that could be held up in the middle of the map to allow for secrecy in placing. I'll just say that it never came up as an issue at Gencon and there were close to a 1000 Heroscape games played there.
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I wish I could make it, but it is real close to our anniversary. If it was a week earlier or later I would probably be able to swing it. There is still an outside chance that I can make it with my son, but it is not likely.
I'm can't think of a better way to celebrate marriage than to spend the day playing games with a great group of people. I'm sure she'd appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I'm in! Wait, no, I'm not. But I will be at the one here in UT.

Have a great one, guys!!
Isn't Utah closer to Phoenix than Safford?

You guys can count me in. Is 21 Sahuagin Raiders a good army?

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation

It will be nice to see you again, Hex. Btw, how's your boy? Last time I saw him, he was knee high to Dund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I wish I could make it, but it is real close to our anniversary. If it was a week earlier or later I would probably be able to swing it. There is still an outside chance that I can make it with my son, but it is not likely.
I'm can't think of a better way to celebrate marriage than to spend the day playing games with a great group of people. I'm sure she'd appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I'm in! Wait, no, I'm not. But I will be at the one here in UT.

Have a great one, guys!!
Isn't Utah closer to Phoenix than Safford?

You guys can count me in. Is 21 Sahuagin Raiders a good army?
Old August 26th, 2011, 10:35 AM

We are up to 11.

I also added NO MARVEL to the first post! (I almost forgot)
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:18 PM

I regret that I will have to drop out. We've had a lot more drama in our lives in the last week as we lost both of our vehicles to a drunk driver who decided to take a spin through our neighborhood and take them both out. This all happened on our anniversary of all days.

Both will be totaled out due to the damage and because of our financial situation we won't be able to get any type of transportation for quite some time.

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all I guess...

Sorry guys.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:35 PM

I'm on the north side of Prescott, so I'll have to drive through PV on my way to Phoenix anyway. I should be able to pick you up at your home if you send me your address. I'll drop you a PM and we can try to make it happen.
Old September 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeLunatic View Post
I regret that I will have to drop out. We've had a lot more drama in our lives in the last week as we lost both of our vehicles to a drunk driver who decided to take a spin through our neighborhood and take them both out. This all happened on our anniversary of all days.

Both will be totaled out due to the damage and because of our financial situation we won't be able to get any type of transportation for quite some time.

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all I guess...

Sorry guys.
Holy sh!t. That really sucks. They threw his @ss in jail I hope.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM

He was released Wednesday evening. Yavapai County attorney's office did not press any charges.

@ Vydar - TBH, I'm just not feeling very up for it. I do appreciate the gesture. My life has gradually been flipped upside down for the past few years and now it seems it is complete.

Both my wife and I are out of jobs and are barely making it with what we get from welfare. Our families are not in positions to help us out, and now on top of everything, we will lose both of our vehicles. I literally feel like I'm being stomped on while I'm already down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day