Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 26th, 2014, 08:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Conan

The Book of Conan

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 13
CHAMPIONS AND ILLUSIONISTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

ALT CARD
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a repainted Heroclix figure from the Incredible Hulk set.
Its model number and name are # 015 or 207/ Skaar

Painting Guides

Character Bio - Conan was born on a carnage-strewn battlefield in the hills of the western most region of Cimmeria. The fact that he was born on a battlefield was considered, amongst the Cimmerians, to be an omen that Conan would grow up to be a great warrior one day. Before Conan had seen fifteen snows, the Cimmerians attacked Venarium; this was the first time Conan had ever been to war, and he is known to have distinguished himself in battle.

Conan, who long dreamed of visiting the fabled city of Hyperborea, arrives there in chains and becomes a gladiator for the amusement of the Hyperboreans. Conan eventually leads a slave revolt, unfortunately they cannot stand up to the power of Hyperborea's wizards, and though he makes it to freedom, he is unable to save any of the rest of his comrades-in-arms. These experiences will haunt him for the rest of his life and result in Conan harboring a life-long hatred of sorcerers.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: What happens when Conan is attacked by a figure like Black Widow and she wants to use Widow's Bite on him? Does the defensive power Battle Hardened still limit the amount of wounds Conan would receive to one?
  • A: The limit in the wounds will only apply to the result from the dice rolled. Widow's Bite, and other powers like it, is a bonus wound that may apply after wounds from dice rolling have been reduced. If Black Widow is able to do at least 1 wound to Conan, then Conan will also take an additional wound from Widow's Bite.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:22 PM. Reason: png
Old April 26th, 2014, 08:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Conan - Design Phase

NAME = CONAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = BARBARIAN
PERSONALITY = SAVAGE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

BARRAGE OF BLADES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Conan, you may move him up to 4 spaces. Conan can attack up to 3 times with this special attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement.

BATTLE HARDENED
If there is at least 1 Wound Marker on this card, the most wounds Conan can receive from an attack is one.

CIMMERIAN CLIMBING
When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with Conan, do not count a space for the first level. If Conan moves two or fewer spaces, you may count up to 15 levels of height as one space. You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when climbing.

Last edited by Yodaking; October 25th, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Have at it with new ideas/suggestions/issues/etc. It has been a while since we last discussed this design so I'll try to explain/justify what is in the SP but I may have forgotten the complete reasoning. Looking at it again and it appears to break down as such.

Expert Climbing because he is usually portrayed as moving over uneven ground quite quickly as well as seen climbing a lot of walls and cliff faces. So as a melee only fighter he can engage quickly and hit you with one big swing of his sword. Then once he is in the thick of things, he can use his SA to wade through the crowd, cutting a path through any screens towards his intended target. My early thought here is we drop the SA to 5, 4, 3 so you get the choice of one big attack of 6 (7 with HG), or 3 smaller attacks with no HG help.

Battle Hardened keeps him in the game longer as he has always been pretty tough to take down. 1 wound limit from normal attacks (punches/swords/etc.) but special attacks (fire/explosions/machine guns/etc.) are still a counter option. He just has a knack for rolling out of the way of those types of attack, giving him the one auto shield. A direct hit can result in multiple wounds though.

Last edited by Yodaking; April 26th, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

6 Life, 4 defence, an auto shield and a maximum of 1 wound from a normal attack is exceptionally tough for an armour-less, human barbarian - is he a mutant or magic or something? Because I can't see how a normal human should be that tough - that's some insane survivability. If it is thematic, then I still have trouble seeing him only come in at 200 with that survivability.

I like the idea of dropping the attack of Barrage of Blades to provide more of a choice between that and his normal attack.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Dropping the dice on the SA by 1 each is probably a good idea.

I just really love this design more-or-less as-is. I might even playtest it when that time comes around.

Should his life be higher? EDIT: I also had the same thought about his 4 defense (LO, he has 5 life in SP right now), but then realized its C3G and your basis is different from Classic somewhat.

I'm also assuming that the points will go up if they need to come up. Is 200 points a hard number you want to shoot for or was it just a guesstimate?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; April 26th, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: I've never playtested for C3G before, or even really planned on doing so.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:11 PM
C3G Landlord

His defensive agility and ability to block/parry attacks with his weapons are how he gets the 4 defense. I can see the life dropping though, 6 does seem really high to me too. Maybe drop down to the standard human life of 4 since his toughness is already being incorporated in the 1 wound per normal attack part.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:13 PM
C3G Landlord

200+ points was just a guess many, many months ago.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
EDIT: I also had the same thought about his 4 defense (LO, he has 5 life in SP right now)
How did I miss that?

I'm really wondering if one of the boosts Battle Hardened provides ought to be removed, or changed to something else - right now he's feeling less like 'skilled tough guy' and more like 'heavily armoured badass' to my eyes.

I'd keep 5 life 4 defece - he seems like a guy deserving of it. Also, looking at it now, I see the auto shield is only against special attacks - I'm tired. He's not as tough as I thought - round 200's probably fair. Just a thought, though, as I'm still not sure an auto shield is the best way to represent rolling out of the way of those sort of attacks - how about this as a counter suggestion (I think it'll be a bit more different and interesting, too):

BATTLE HARDENED
Conan cannot receive more than one wound from a normal attack. When defending against a special attack, you may re-roll all defence dice that did not show shields once and, after defending, may immediately move Conan one space.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 26th, 2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:25 PM
C3G Landlord

For comic art, I kind of like this one since is shows him holding both an ax & sword just like the Skaar mini has (even in the same hands, ax -left, sword - right).

What were the size requirements/restrictions for the comic art again?
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:27 PM
C3G Landlord

I kind of like that direction Lazy, lets see what everyone else thinks.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Oh, and is everyone fine with the title just being straight Conan or is their a desire for it to read Conan the Barbarian?
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Oh, and is everyone fine with the title just being straight Conan or is their a desire for it to read Conan the Barbarian?
Just Conan should be fine.

Doubtful anyone is going to mistake him for Conan O'Brien.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library