Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 21st, 2022, 03:36 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AoA:Vanguard Campaign Postmortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I mean, what do you expect? They released a notice that there was nothing planned in the future, which was consistent with what they originally said about if it didn't fund, they wouldn't go forward with anything. They've been super clear about their terms from the beginning of the campaign period (the crappiness of which frustrated many of us from the get go).
I don't think that's entirely true. This was posted in another thread on the day the campaign ended.

"Encarmine just popped into AH Dircord to assure that they were deep in discussion, but that there would not be an update from them today."

What is there to be deep in discussion about if it was super clear from the outset that they wouldn't move forward without funding? A discussion implies there was a decision to be made. I think there were hints at moving forward despite what happened with the campaign, but ultimately they pulled the plug based on the numbers they saw.
Old November 21st, 2022, 03:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have no idea what there was to be in deep discussion about. Nothing they told us about or that amounted to anything. Maybe about releasing some of the designs to the public?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 21st, 2022, 03:56 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That message implies something bigger than a few card edits in my opinion. I think if they sunk over a year of development costs into producing AoA and beyond, they wanted to see it succeed as much as it's fans did. It's not something they could state directly during a campaign if they are trying to get as much support as possible.
Old November 21st, 2022, 04:19 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would recommend against getting your hopes up.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 21st, 2022, 04:26 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hopefully the deep discussions were about what went wrong and hopefully there was a large mirror in the room to help them figure that out.

I don’t anticipate hearing anything more about it.
Old November 21st, 2022, 04:38 PM

Yep, the ship has sailed. I can use my $250 that would have purchased AoA for a resin 3d printer and make my own stuff.

Unless someone like CMON were to purchase Heroscape, I don't have any expectations of an official comeback.
Old November 21st, 2022, 05:08 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I mean, what do you expect? They released a notice that there was nothing planned in the future, which was consistent with what they originally said about if it didn't fund, they wouldn't go forward with anything. They've been super clear about their terms from the beginning of the campaign period (the crappiness of which frustrated many of us from the get go).
I don't think that's entirely true. This was posted in another thread on the day the campaign ended.

"Encarmine just popped into AH Dircord to assure that they were deep in discussion, but that there would not be an update from them today."
Then they released a conflicting statement hours later. They handled the end of the campaign the same way they handled the rest of it, with incompetence.
Old November 21st, 2022, 05:42 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A million bucks is nothing to scoff at, and was the Goal for the HeroQuest kickstarter if memory serves (so if we're basing so much on HeroQuest's model like everyone said then we technically succeeded). I'd honestly still have given them my $250 for nothing just to show my dedication for this game, but they're operating under this "well if we can't have 100 we'll just have 0" mode of thinking. Now I have no choice but to spend that $250 on Genshin Impact's in-game store, which constitutes a war crime.

What if they did succeed but only by the bare minimum? Would Hasbro give that close of a call the go-ahead for complete production of the franchise? Would we have to collectively fund each expansion too, with the game abruptly ending if one wave doesn't make it?

It's just a big shame altogether. I guess I waited this long for Heroscape to make a comeback, I'll just have to wait another twelve years

~TAF, who's pretty sure it would've made money had they just released it so people could see it and then buy it, because Heroscape is eye-catching

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 21st, 2022, 06:04 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Failing everything else, all Hasbro needed to do was swallow their pride and drop the campaign on Gamefound or Kickstarter and it would actually have had reach instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; November 22nd, 2022 at 11:46 AM.
Old November 21st, 2022, 06:05 PM

Hasbro doesn't deserve our money and has shown us pretty definitively at this point that they don't know how to use it well. I'm happy keeping my money invested in community productions.

Old November 21st, 2022, 06:20 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Faiing everything else, all Hasbro needed to do was swallow their pride and drop the campaign on Gamefound or Kickstarter and it would actually have had reach instantly.
Or just make the game, Hasbro is (was until recently) a $9 billion company. They don't need to crowdfund anything. We showed they can do $1 million in sales in 45 days with poor marketing and a questionable product.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 11:14 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The most exciting, anxiety inducing 45 days for most of us, with almost nothing to show for it. At least we got some of the cards. Oh well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion