Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old May 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Sherman Davies' 1 MS Maps

I hope this map thread helps any new Heroscapers just starting out with their first Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) set. I tend to use the Rise to the Forgotten Forest (RttFF) set in my maps because I love the trees, but they're optional. I'll try to add some maps here that can be built purely with one RotV set.

Split Decision - 1 RotV

I tried to make a map that not only could be played right out of the RotV box, but offers a tough tactical dilemma to the players by splitting the map down the middle with the stream. Melee units on either side of the stream will have a difficult time getting to the other side if they're needed there, so they have to choose carefully and watch the movement of their opponents.

Lyntela Pond - 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

The picture posted doesn't show this very well, but I tried to design this one so that as the armies advance towards each other, the terrain encourages them to take a bit of a winding, meandering path instead of the usual "rush to the middle heights."

Heimdal's Cavern - 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

Since Migol's Tomb is my favorite of the maps in the RotV rulebook, I had to make my own version of an open cavern space.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; May 15th, 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart
Re: Sherman Davies' 1 MS Maps

I like them both a lot. I will have to download Lyntela Pond soon and play on it.
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:32 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks, let me know how Lyntela Pond works out for you. I try to make my maps balanced and playable, but I don't get to play most of them so feedback is definitely appreciated. I've also added my first map, Split Decision, that uses only one Rise of the Valkyrie set and hope that people new to the game find it useful.
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:09 PM
has been BANNED

Microcorp costs too much!

The first map is pretty awesome. Tournament Map worthy I think.
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcorp View Post
The first map is pretty awesome. Tournament Map worthy I think.
That's really for the Battlefields of Valhalla judges to decide, but thanks for the compliment.
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:36 AM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Great stuff! Thanks for posting them.

Since you're a NY guy, maybe you can give me some advice: is there a way to find small maps suitable for New York apartment living? By "small", I mean "small footprint" and not necessarily "few sets". I live in Manhattan, after all -- building "up" rather than "out" feels natural at this point.

My search-fu hasn't turned up much other than a few threads by TOG and AliasQTip -- is there some way to search by map footprint size?

I've become pathetically addicted to Heroscape (okay, let's call it what it is, theoryscape ) over the past month or so, and setting up a map, any map, requires unfolding the sides of our one and only table. As understanding as my wife and new baby are, there's a limit to how often that can happen. Cheers for living in 429 square feet! Anyway, since you're a fellow New Yorker, maybe you have some thoughts on the matter...
Thanks again for posting the maps, and being so welcoming to newbies like me!
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:56 AM

Hmm... wish I could help you out Ace, but I don't know of any way to cross-reference maps by footprint. Some map designers around here will list that info in their description, but that's by no means a universal practice. I think any maps created using Virtualscape will indicate the hex dimensions (length/width) of the map on the actual pdf of the map (at least, mine do), but if you've downloaded the map then you should already have an idea of the footprint anyway.

Anyway, try looking at Nadi's old site for some really great maps. He's got some really good pics to go with all his maps, so you can easily see if there's anything there that suits your needs. Go quickly though, it looks like he's moving on from Heroscape and the site may not be around too much longer.
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You could check out the Gencon map contest for lots of 30" by 24" maps. I have some other equally narrow maps on my thread (linked in my sig).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios