Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: CANCELLED JerseyScape: 250+150 Pod Draft Flex Tourney

Well it would have been nice of you to tell me! Post in the thread with your numbers. It'll be good to see you again.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:12 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: JerseyScape: 250+150 Pod Draft Flex Tourney, 3/5/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post
Bad news guys. The event on 3/5 needs to be cancelled. I called the store this afternoon and they are starting a re-modeling project this weekend and will not have their player space available. The owner did remember I discussed the event with him and was very apologetic about it (which will translate into some future prize support). I did say we will re-schedule, but I will check with him on the their progress first.
This is disappointing but we do have the event in Baltimore in a couple of weeks to look forward to as well. I do plan to make the trek down and I do believe I'll have at least one, maybe up to 3 others join me. It would be awesome if we could get a caravan together!

I'll update the title of the thread to say cancelled and will reschedule.
"... disappointing ..." INDEED, especially since I finally decided just yesterday that YES, I could take a break to get away from here for my mental health by attending. Life has a crazy way of keeping us way too busy sometimes. However, it's not inconceivable considering this group's history of unsuccessful events during the Winter.

Well I guess the good news is the rescheduled event will be held in a newly renovated Family Fun Hobbies and will most likely occur in Spring which although it may have seemed like it started last week, won't officially begin for two more weeks. And . . . because I felt inspired last night, I already have eight armies built for it ( 16x pods ).

Caravan-ing to Baltimore, seems like a great idea. @Dad_Scaper always runs a great event. When is it? I could meet you in Deepwater, since I'd be taking Rt. 40 from A.C. to Del Mem Br. Or maybe the new Rest Area on Del Turnpike (I-95) near Christiana would be better for rendezvous-ing.

Also, in the 'Oh By The Way Category,' I asked my friend Greg about the next time that his Park Church will be holding another all day board gaming event on a Saturday for his BoardGameGeek Guild ( the "Exit 105 Gamers"). He told me that they don't have a definite date yet, but would like to plan something in conjunction with Wil Weaton's International Tabletop Board Gaming Day (WWITTBGD), which I believe is Wednesday April 19th. So keep 4/15 & & 4/22 open until I get confirmation.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's March 18, my friend. See you in Savage.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 4th, 2017, 03:34 PM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart

@Johngee ...We can definitely work out the logistics of driving to Savage. I'll PM you.
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:34 AM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

@Man_At_Arms @9BelowMadness

What are you guys planning on for going to Savage the 18th?
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:17 AM

Unfortunately, I am *NOT* going to make it to the savage tournament in Merrylund on March 18th. I made a prior commitment to attend the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society's (HMGS's) winter convention, "Cold Wars," at the Lancaster Host in PA with members of one of my other clubs - the South Jersey Confederation of Wargamers (SJCW). It has only taken precedence because my son and grandson live in that area and I will have a chance to visit and play with them as well. Hoping that all ya'all have a safe trip and enjoyable experience with Dad_Scaper's group at The Family Game Store and we can get together again soon at the Family Fun Hobbies FLGS in Hamilton, NJ. Happy trails & happy gaming.

~ John G.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 20th, 2017, 09:11 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker
Re: 6-3/6-4 or 6-10/6-11 for event TBD ?!?

I'm thinking it would be good to try to get together prior to the events in July in Savage and on Long Island. That way we can keep our schedules clean for that month. I've suggested a couple weekends in early June. Let me know what dates you could make and we'll go from there!
Old May 20th, 2017, 09:52 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Unfortunately, I'll be on a cruise for both of those weekends.
Old May 20th, 2017, 10:24 PM

ALL of June is looking pretty busy for me. Probably doing a yard sale at my house 6/2-4, then hoping to make it up to Edison for the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society's (HMGS's) "NJ-Con" 6/9-11, then my local South Jersey Confederation of War- gamers is holding a regular meeting in CMCH on 6/17 and trying out a new venue in WWC on 6/24. Sundays might be a possibility. How was the trip to Savage-Scape and who is planning to attend Island-Scape?

Old May 21st, 2017, 08:37 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Unfortunately, I'll be on a cruise for both of those weekends.
That doesn't sound so bad! Sounds like July will have some Heroscape!
Old May 21st, 2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
ALL of June is looking pretty busy for me. Probably doing a yard sale at my house 6/2-4, then hoping to make it up to Edison for the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society's (HMGS's) "NJ-Con" 6/9-11, then my local South Jersey Confederation of War- gamers is holding a regular meeting in CMCH on 6/17 and trying out a new venue in WWC on 6/24. Sundays might be a possibility. How was the trip to Savage-Scape and who is planning to attend Island-Scape?
Four of us carpooled down from Jersey and had an awesome time. We will try to do it again for the next event. Like Islandscape, it all depends on how the calendar lines up for us. I could be interested in Jersey Con. I went one year. There's some serious gaming going on there!
Old May 21st, 2017, 12:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
How was the trip to Savage-Scape and who is planning to attend Island-Scape?
I'll be attending Islandscape - hope to see some of you Jersey Boys there!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events