Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old June 19th, 2016, 01:26 PM

Demigod Woo who?
Connecticut Players

Hi! I'm new to the forum and soon to be new to Connecticut. I'm moving to Windsor in a week and I'd like to find some people interested in tabletop gaming in the area, especially Heroscape because I've got a pretty big collection and a bad history of having no one to play with. Is anyone on here in the area? Or know of any events near there?
Old June 19th, 2016, 07:56 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Connecticut Players

Welcome to the site!

@OrcElfArmyOne is in Connecticut - he can probably direct you to other players and events.
Old June 19th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey there @Demigod ! Welcome to the site!

Not much happening in CT, unfortunately. I haven't played scape since getting into X Wing miniatures and Epic Card Game, but the only players in CT that I know of are myself along with my father and one of my friends. Also, I'm heading off to college in Chicago this fall so I won't be around to play most of the year.

That being said, I would be interested in meeting up sometime. I own and regularly play X Wing, Epic, HeroScape, Summoner Wars, and Dead of Winter with my dad and friend. Windsor isn't too far away from me (I'm on the Mass border).

If you're looking for a great event then you should absolutely check out IslandScape- it's a great group of guys and is always a blast. Oh and I guess the organizers @Grishnakh and @WarBanner aren't too bad either.

Also there's talk of @Joseph Sweeney running an event in Albany in August or September. That should be a blast too.
Old June 19th, 2016, 09:03 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Woah! When did War Banner get back???

~JS, do miracles ever cease?
Old June 19th, 2016, 09:39 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

Unless you're talking about a different WarBanner (and I've never seen anyone else use that handle), I never went away. Though I'm not particularly active on this site, and never much was.

In any case, yeah, Islandscape is great, and David and I don't entirely suck.

The event thread is here:Islandscape2016

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old June 19th, 2016, 09:55 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
Quote:

Unless you're talking about a different WarBanner (and I've never seen anyone else use that handle), I never went away. Though I'm not particularly active on this site, and never much was.

I believe you hosted the first Longisland event I attended, and then for some reason I had believed you disappeared. Humbly do I stand corrected.

~JS
Old June 20th, 2016, 12:00 AM

Demigod Woo who?

Islandscape sounds like a lot of fun! Not sure if I can make it all the way down to NY so soon after the move but I'll definitely put it on my calendar.
And @OrcElfArmyOne if you wanna meet up this summer I'll be out there by July. I've never played X-Wing but it looks cool, I'll PM you once I'm in the state.
Old June 20th, 2016, 05:34 AM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I believe you hosted the first Longisland event I attended, and then for some reason I had believed you disappeared. Humbly do I stand corrected.

~JS
Interesting. We have had the event in a few different locations over the past decade; that probably explains the 'disappearance'. Do you remember where/when this was? I'm wondering if this might've been *our* first tournament.

Old June 20th, 2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~JS
Interesting. We have had the event in a few different locations over the past decade; that probably explains the 'disappearance'. Do you remember where/when this was? I'm wondering if this might've been *our* first tournament.
If I recall correctly, it was in the basement of a church.

~JS
Old June 20th, 2016, 06:37 PM

Okay, so that was the one year we were in Commack, before moving to our current location at Legendary Realms. We play there the third Saturday of pretty much every month. If you're interested, shoot me your email and I'll put you on the mailing list.

And anyone in CT wants to come down for the competition, we'd love to have you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers