Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old April 14th, 2016, 12:13 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hearthstone

Yeah, you get a wide spectrum which you have to learn from playing the deck of when you want to hero power. You have Warlock at the very top with the best hero power in the game and then on the other end, you have Shaman with it's horrible hero power. It's good in that you have it when you want to use it, but it's not always the best choice.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 14th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, as always, for the enlightening responses.

~Aldin, who was frustrated by last night's DDoS attack interruptions and hopes tonight will be better

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 14th, 2016, 04:04 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed on Hero power generally being a negative tempo play and is entirely dependent on type of deck and board state as to how useful it is.

You should try and reroll your 40 gold quests into 50s 60s or 100s/packs if possible.
Old April 14th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
You should try and reroll your 40 gold quests into 50s 60s or 100s/packs if possible.
What was that now? How, precisely, do I do that?

~Aldin, who staired into the abyss... and then took the elevator back out

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 14th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Go to your "Quests" page. Once a day you can 'x' one out, and you'll get another in its place. Get rid of your 40's, so you can get better ones instead, with a little luck.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 15th, 2016, 09:15 AM

Nice. Tried it last night, traded a 40 for a 60. Most depressing thing right now is the grind of getting my classes that haven't finished unlocking cards up to 10. I feel like I need to make that happen so that I can make informed choices heading forward about what I really like to play, but it is either boring against the AI or depressing against real people. Shoulda used my climb to 20 to do it

Currently finding myself rising to 19 and then dropping to 20. Not worried about it yet as it is a nice stable way to win some games and get some experience.

~Aldin, at 5/9 now

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 15th, 2016, 11:44 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Nice. Tried it last night, traded a 40 for a 60. Most depressing thing right now is the grind of getting my classes that haven't finished unlocking cards up to 10. I feel like I need to make that happen so that I can make informed choices heading forward about what I really like to play, but it is either boring against the AI or depressing against real people. Shoulda used my climb to 20 to do it

Currently finding myself rising to 19 and then dropping to 20. Not worried about it yet as it is a nice stable way to win some games and get some experience.

~Aldin, at 5/9 now
Good reroll
Old April 21st, 2016, 09:25 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Unfortunately, that will not be the last time you see that combo.
I guess I spoke too soon. Looks like the combo among other things is getting the hit soon. For the newer players here, always disenchant every card that Blizzard will give full dust for (this time it's: Ancient of Lore, Force of Nature, Keeper of the Grove, Ironbeak Owl, Big Game Hunter, Hunter's Mark, Blade Flurry, Knife Juggle, Leper Gnome, Arcane Golem, Molten Giant, Master of Disguise). You can always recraft it later using the exact same dust you got from disenchanting it for full.
Old April 21st, 2016, 10:29 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What's the point of enchanting and disenchanting cards?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:11 AM

So I made it to 7/9 and it's probably a time for a break again. Not sure Hearthstone is really the right game for me. Easy enough to play for twenty or thirty minutes, but I tried Hex when it was released a couple of days ago on Steam and it is consuming my thoughts.

~Aldin, sure he will swing back around at some point

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
You can use dust to create new cards. If you, for instance, wanted one of those cool Knife Jugglers, you could craft one for 40 dust. You *get* dust, for the most part, by disenchanting cards you already have. It's all in the "Crafting" tab of your collection window.

You can only have two of anything in your deck, so if you get a third, that can be disenchanted for dust. If you go into "Crafting" in your collection, the "Mass Disenchant" button will disenchant all of your extra stuff for you. If you have three Annoyotrons and three Sludge Belchers, or whatever, and you hit Mass Disenchant, it would scrap the extra of each. You can also disenchant individual cards. If you get an extra Secret Keeper, and you have no desire to have a Secret Keeper, you can just scrap it and get a little dust. Anything gold is worth more, and the rarer something is, the more it's worth, too.

Vegie pointed out that some cards will give you back as much dust as they cost to make, which I did not know. Interesting.

I only rarely craft things. I have a pretty decent-sized pile of dust, and a huge pile of coins, because I'm not min-maxing like Vegie and some of our other friends here. Bless their hearts! I only occasionally craft. You don't have to do it, heaven knows it's not required. But that's what it is, as best I can explain it.

edit: You may be wondering about my reference to coins. I suspect that players who do a lot of crafting have few coins because they buy packs just to get as many extras and undesirable or gold cards as they can, which they will then disenchant for dust.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 21st, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:57 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
So I made it to 7/9 and it's probably a time for a break again. Not sure Hearthstone is really the right game for me. Easy enough to play for twenty or thirty minutes, but I tried Hex when it was released a couple of days ago on Steam and it is consuming my thoughts.

~Aldin, sure he will swing back around at some point
That's understandable. I go through phases of Hearthstone myself, and feel myself phasing out currently as well. That said, I would still log on sometime next week after Tuesday when the new expansion launches, just to get the 3 free packs they're giving out. You'll also get a free legendary and two cards that buff it as well with those packs, so you shouldn't pass the opportunity up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Vegie pointed out that some cards will give you back as much dust as they cost to make, which I did not know. Interesting.
Just so people know: you won't get back the full refund on those cards until Tuesday next week when the patch goes live, so don't be in a hurry to disenchant them yet. I've already heard stories of people hearing the news and mass disenchanting only to regret it, so make sure you check how much dust you're getting for them.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games