Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I thought I would get a little more debate and questions about my numbers. The lack of issues I assume means that I did my homework well on this.
Dude, your numbers really do look spot-on. The only one that looks even remotely argueable to me is the Orc Gruts pack. I'd put it at 2-4 rather than 3-4. Arrow Gruts start to become playable at two squads and if you have no interest in the Blade Gruts (like me) you can get by with two packs. I know it's sort of a nit-picky thing, but with the 2-6 breakdown on Snipers and Vipers, I think it's a change that makes sense.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
If any of the more experienced players out there have some opinions where my numbers are off I would like to hear it. If need be I will change it upon recommendations (please give good reasons to convince me).

I thought I would get a little more debate and questions about my numbers. The lack of issues I assume means that I did my homework well on this.
I'm probably not as experienced as you would prefer, but I think that the Heavy Gruts can easily be used with 4 of the HG's. And the WoB and 10th Reg pack might be better off 2-4 (or 6 if you're Onacara).
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Dude, your numbers really do look spot-on. The only one that looks even remotely argueable to me is the Orc Gruts pack. I'd put it at 2-4 rather than 3-4. Arrow Gruts start to become playable at two squads and if you have no interest in the Blade Gruts (like me) you can get by with two packs. I know it's sort of a nit-picky thing, but with the 2-6 breakdown on Snipers and Vipers, I think it's a change that makes sense.
Good point, I personally like having three arrow grut squads as an option but I will think further on it.

I also think I might bump Shades & Orcs from 2-3 squads up to 2-4 squads in light of the Gencon armies that rocked the house with 4 heavies and Grimnak. Same with the Wolves and Soldiers, three packs seems a little light, and four packs seems solid with very little desire/need to get more.

I am thinking by months end I will do some minor editing and put in a few small tweaks.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You know what you should do? 2 things.

1. Put this thread in your signature and any time somebody posts a "what should I buy" thread link them here.

2. At the bottom of the thread make a notice about which packs are currently available. You could also make a note in bold, red letters next to the sets that are available instead. This way people know not to go actively searching for wave 6 product just yet.
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are you planning on updating this for Wave 10? I think the Granites/Quasatch pack would be good at 2-4/5.
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:39 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
2-4/5.
This number made me laugh a bit. It makes sense for the thread's purpose, but it reads "two to four or five" which is also 2-5, so you could also say anyone can buy 0/1/2-7/8 which reads funny and is really 0-8. Just made me laugh a bit.

It's probably that Minneapolis math...

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
2-4/5.
This number made me laugh a bit. It makes sense for the thread's purpose, but it reads "two to four or five" which is also 2-5, so you could also say anyone can buy 0/1/2-7/8 which reads funny and is really 0-8. Just made me laugh a bit.

It's probably that Minneapolis math...
I don't know how you learned your math skills.

I bet you don't even know 2+2.

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Are you planning on updating this for Wave 10? I think the Granites/Quasatch pack would be good at 2-4/5.

I sure am. Though I got struck by the evil Lazy-sauras Rex. I already did some minor adjustments that most probably did not notice. Like bumping up the 10th and Heavy gruts.

I am still debating within myself about GG and QH. Two packs seems just a hair light and might not be longterm satisfying. Right now I would think that three packs would be necassary to be longterm satisfied. The highend is questionable. I have seen people talking about getting 5 squads going, but is that a bit excessisve for the average player?

Thus I wrestle within myself.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Old November 30th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

3-4 seems good.

How bout 3.5, just to bug GL with my awesome math skills.
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

After reading your take on wave 1, I realised Hasbro would have been much better off packaging the Vipers & Drones together and then the Minons and Snipers as one. That way the cheaper squads designed to be used 4+ of at a time would be in one package while the more expensive squads that are just fine when only using 2 of would be together.
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
After reading your take on wave 1, I realised Hasbro would have been much better off packaging the Vipers & Drones together and then the Minons and Snipers as one. That way the cheaper squads designed to be used 4+ of at a time would be in one package while the more expensive squads that are just fine when only using 2 of would be together.
Yeah that would of been great. Having similar functioning squads packaged together would of been a great idea. I would of bought more vipers myself, but I just do not want anymore snipers and they are hard to trade away.

The same could be said with the dividers and protectors.

Edit: Okay, I beat up the Lazysauraus Rex within me and did Wave 10.

Good Trades I have had.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; November 30th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:20 AM

imgame is surprisingly tart

Thanks for all the work. This is one of the first threads I found on this site and I have used it significantly to help me with my purchases. Even made a spreadsheet showing Want, Have, Need. As a noob I even learned a lot from reading through the post. Thanks again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units