Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 19th, 2018, 03:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Finally played my first Heroscape game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Id look in the sales and trade threads here. Your going to find some decent deals from fellow scapers if you keep your eye out for them. I know there are some decent ones out there now as I just made another purchase yesterday.
Nice! I'll keep an eye out, I don't know what I'm looking for yet lol... Marvel Heroscape looks pretty cool but Underdark is a tad expensive. I'll eventually wanna collect each of the master set.
Even though the terrain is cool, you dont need a ton to set up a good balanced 2 player map. Sometimes less is more. Back when we first started we filled a pool table with terrain with castles going 40 levels high. It took hours to get to one another. It keeps it interesting to get into combat within a few turns. Keeping the map big enough to strategize but small enough to keep on killing. The arena stuff could be useful to put down for a base.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Also on that note, C3G is developing maps for urban/city play. With these you can add buildings, cars, light posts etc. and would need very few if any hexes.
Of course this may not be ideal for classic Heroscape.
I would look into getting or printing out a map mat. Having the entire first level done saves a ton of hexes.

Hopefully that will happen sooner than later but we have been trying for years.
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:10 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Also on that note, C3G is developing maps for urban/city play. With these you can add buildings, cars, light posts etc. and would need very few if any hexes.
Of course this may not be ideal for classic Heroscape.
I would look into getting or printing out a map mat. Having the entire first level done saves a ton of hexes.

Hopefully that will happen sooner than later but we have been trying for years.
Is it easy to get terrain? I also got the Arena of Planeswalker Gameboard, I can use that for the first level right?
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that works great. One of the best reasons to buy that set.
Old June 19th, 2018, 07:43 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

You guys happen to know if this game has any lore or anything? Something that I can read up to get me hyped this weekend haha
Old June 19th, 2018, 07:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Here is a link to the Compendium, which is a compilation of many different lore sources.

Thormun's Journal is also pretty much where the official story was mostly being carried out, although it was never finished and ends earlier than I would've liked. There's lots of stuff that happens after it (like Valkrill and Aquilla joining the fray) that isn't mentioned.

Those are the two main avenues that I use to explore the story and lore of the game! If you go to the Downloads section of this site, though, I'm sure that the Theme and Fiction category will have a few more things to peruse!
Old June 19th, 2018, 08:00 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Here is a link to the Compendium, which is a compilation of many different lore sources.

Thormun's Journal is also pretty much where the official story was mostly being carried out, although it was never finished and ends earlier than I would've liked. There's lots of stuff that happens after it (like Valkrill and Aquilla joining the fray) that isn't mentioned.

Those are the two main avenues that I use to explore the story and lore of the game! If you go to the Downloads section of this site, though, I'm sure that the Theme and Fiction category will have a few more things to peruse!
Thanks! I'll check them out
Old June 28th, 2018, 11:19 PM

Noziroh is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I've yet to play Arena (although I did pick up a copy from Toys R Us), mostly because adding the cards doesn't do much to excite me like new units or the simplicity of HeroScape's system.
Oh man you have no idea how right you are! Don’t get me wrong, AOTP is fun. Fun as hell even. I’m a longtime MTG player so AOTP was a nice change of pace. The system does have it’s pros and cons, the main cons being lack of common squads (only “squads” in AOTP no common or unique), and units in general. Pros being still fun and quite entertaining for my whole group to join in instead of basic MTG tourneys. But after I discovered Heroscape as a direct result of my interest in AOTP.....

No comparison. At all.

Adding the cards actually is quite fun because the mechanics are identical to Heroscape, so it adds a MTG element which is appealing to a MTG veteran, but still...

No comparison.
Old June 28th, 2018, 11:36 PM

Noziroh is surprisingly tart

Quote:
The arena stuff could be useful to put down for a base.
@DjKniteX This is the best advice anyone can give! When I first started I bought a crappy little set of Heroscape tiles on eBay for like $10. It came with maybe 4 7-hex 6 2-hex and maybe 8 1-hex. All assorted mainly Grass and Sand. But oh my good golly gosh did it make a freakin difference with the Arena boards that come with the game. Within hours I was a map building addict lol

Set the boards down in whichever way you like, put just a few layers of Scape tiles in key spots.. DONE SON!!!

Forgive the second one being sideways lol it's late.

EDIT: weird.. on the laptop? Sideways... on the phone? Right side up. Yup time for bed lol.

Last edited by Noziroh; June 29th, 2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old June 28th, 2018, 11:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noziroh View Post
Quote:
@DjKniteX This is the best advice anyone can give! When I first started I bought a crappy little set of Heroscape tiles on eBay for like $10. It came with maybe 4 7-hex 6 2-hex and maybe 8 1-hex. All assorted mainly Grass and Sand. But oh my good golly gosh did it make a freakin difference with the Arena boards that come with the game. Within hours I was a map building addict lol

Set the boards down in whichever way you like, put just a few layers of Scape tiles in key spots.. DONE SON!!!
Even with an extensive collection of scape tiles I own, when we play games around my house we generally never go above a 3 or 4 height max on any given part of the map for quick games. Just giving enough height to have areas to fight over is really all thats needed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 29th, 2018, 12:53 AM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noziroh View Post
Quote:

Forgive the second one being sideways lol it's late.

EDIT: weird.. on the laptop? Sideways... on the phone? Right side up. Yup time for bed lol.
That's what I was thinking of doing with my current Arena play board! It's going to be awesome haha
Old June 29th, 2018, 08:17 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Just a note about the pictures I really like the trees there. It looks like they are attached to the piece. Reminds me of Hyground. The make some custom tiles and I believe have or had a kickstarter. Check them out the stuff they make are really cool. I have them on Facebook.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion