Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 19th, 2018, 01:01 AM

DjKniteX Woo who?
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Father's Day Family Gaming:

Bang! the Dice Game
LotR LCG x 2
Sheriff of Nottingham
Drakon
King of Tokyo
Marvel Codenames x 2

Not my favorite games (except LotR), but just fun to get the whole family together to play some games.
I've been playing a lot of Lord of the Rings lately myself! I just started soloing the game since I'm not around a lot of people this week. I've been having incredible difficulty with some scenarios. I built six different decks and have lately struggled to see hope of a win in A Journey to Rhosgobel or The Tower of Cirith Ungol (from A Mountain of Fire).
I’m a huge lotr lcg fan. It’s my go to solo game. I have a very fun Leadership Eomer deck I’ve been enjoying as of late. Also the new Dale stuff looks quite intriguing. Also looking forward to playing the Gen Con quest this year with @lonewolf , as we always do.
Is that the Fantasy Flight Game? I saw it and wanted to try it out but I wasn't sure how it was played. Is it co-op able with friends and is it fun to solo it?
Old June 19th, 2018, 08:03 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
Is that the Fantasy Flight Game? I saw it and wanted to try it out but I wasn't sure how it was played. Is it co-op able with friends and is it fun to solo it?
You bet it is! Fantasy Flight's been making it for a number of years. The game scales well with 1-4 players, with no special rules for playing solo. It's a great system.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 19th, 2018, 01:03 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
You bet it is! Fantasy Flight's been making it for a number of years. The game scales well with 1-4 players, with no special rules for playing solo. It's a great system.
This game has too many expansions/side stuff I don't even know where to begin haha. But I am interested in playing a co-op deck building game... It's a deck building-type game right?
Old June 19th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This game has too many expansions/side stuff I don't even know where to begin haha. But I am interested in playing a co-op deck building game... It's a deck building-type game right?
Yes. It's very thematic. The designer, Caleb Grace, is a real down to earth guy as well.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 19th, 2018, 03:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
But I am interested in playing a co-op deck building game... It's a deck building-type game right?
Lord of the Rings is cooperative, but it isn't a deckbuilding game. It's part of a line of games from Fantasy Flight called Living Card Games. You construct decks outside of the game to use in your games and purchase expansions to change your decks, similar to a Collectible Card Game or Trading Card Game. The difference is that LCGs aren't collectible because every card you receive in a pack is known, similar to how you know which figures you're getting when you buy a Heroscape booster.

It's not a deckbuilding game like Dominion, Legendary, Thunderstone, Ascnesion, etc. The gameplay itself does not involve constructing a deck, since you bring a pre-built deck to the beginning of the game.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 19th, 2018, 03:07 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
But I am interested in playing a co-op deck building game... It's a deck building-type game right?
Lord of the Rings is cooperative, but it isn't a deckbuilding game. It's part of a line of games from Fantasy Flight called Living Card Games. You construct decks outside of the game to use in your games and purchase expansions to change your decks, similar to a Collectible Card Game or Trading Card Game. The difference is that LCGs aren't collectible because every card you receive in a pack is known, similar to how you know which figures you're getting when you buy a Heroscape booster.

It's not a deckbuilding game like Dominion, Legendary, Thunderstone, Ascnesion, etc. The gameplay itself does not involve constructing a deck, since you bring a pre-built deck to the beginning of the game.
Interesting! Thanks for the heads up, I'll do some research on this game
Old June 25th, 2018, 05:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Recently played two games of Rising Sun, and one of Godfather and Blood Rage. Have now done two face to face games of Quartermaster General 1914.

Eric Lang Gaming Totals, including initial solitaires:

Blood Rage: 22
Rising Sun: 19
Godfather: 9
Old June 25th, 2018, 06:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Played Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats this weekend for the first time. There were only 3 of us, and we each only took 1 figure, so I thought it would have been pretty hard for us to pull off but we ended up with a commanding win. The game mechanics are all based about a 'time cost' with each activity you perform requiring a different number of 'moments' to be spent. Then to balance the game around different numbers of players you add more time to the game length. Not sure if we played all the rules correctly though, spent quite a bit of time just looking things up trying to make sure we were doing everything right and might have not succeeded. As we play more games I'm sure the rule book will get reference much less often, just the first time game inexperienced learning curve at work. It was fun overall though and I really like the set up of buildings and minis. It also appears that the game came with 5 cards to be used with the Firefly board game also made by GF9, one for each of the 5 supply decks that came in the main game. Pretty cool little bonus for those of us who own both games now. Also, as everyone could already have guessed their are clearly plans for an expansion already in the works. One of the rules references having more that 5 heroes to choose from, but only 5 come in the box, so expect Simon, River, Book, & Inara to get their chance to join the crew at some point down the road.
Old June 26th, 2018, 09:01 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played a few games of Time of Soccer over the last few days, solo and with two. Great team management game. I can't believe it hasn't been reprinted.

Also this past weekend played Great Western Trail, Kraftwagen, and Altiplano & Orleans to compare (tough call because they are both really good, but I think I like Altiplano more).

I have Lords of Hellas set up to learn, but Time of Soccer is hindering that for the immediate future. I am pretty sure I am going to be meh on LoH anyway.
Old June 26th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

YK, that one has miniatures right?
Old June 26th, 2018, 12:20 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Played Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats this weekend for the first time. There were only 3 of us, and we each only took 1 figure, so I thought it would have been pretty hard for us to pull off but we ended up with a commanding win. The game mechanics are all based about a 'time cost' with each activity you perform requiring a different number of 'moments' to be spent. Then to balance the game around different numbers of players you add more time to the game length. Not sure if we played all the rules correctly though, spent quite a bit of time just looking things up trying to make sure we were doing everything right and might have not succeeded. As we play more games I'm sure the rule book will get reference much less often, just the first time game inexperienced learning curve at work. It was fun overall though and I really like the set up of buildings and minis. It also appears that the game came with 5 cards to be used with the Firefly board game also made by GF9, one for each of the 5 supply decks that came in the main game. Pretty cool little bonus for those of us who own both games now. Also, as everyone could already have guessed their are clearly plans for an expansion already in the works. One of the rules references having more that 5 heroes to choose from, but only 5 come in the box, so expect Simon, River, Book, & Inara to get their chance to join the crew at some point down the road.
Nice review. I was pretty intrigued by this one...now even more so.
Old June 26th, 2018, 03:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's the miniatures game they released in May. I picked it up since I enjoy their Firefly board game so much and if nothing else I would have the mini's to paint up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games