Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 2nd, 2018, 08:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I got to play/teach the Star Wars Legion today at my game group's all day Saturday event. We only played the vanilla learning game, which is only 4 rounds and has only basic rules covered for getting familiar with the game. My friend Geoff that drives in from Iowa for our all day events liked it a lot, even at the very basic level. Afterwards, I told him of a lot of the other stuff involved and showed him some of the other cards, and he really liked that.

I also got my Snowtroopers expansion. Awesome looking models that I can't wait to see painted up.

After that he taught me and 2 others to play Dragonfire, which is a DnD version of Shadowrun Crossfire. It was a fun game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 3rd, 2018, 05:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just finished a bunch of snowtroopers. I think youll really like painting those guys. Im still up playing with my 3d printer. Its so awesome. I printed out a few knight figures and a new wizard is on right now. They are so smooth for 28mm figures. Super stoked about this thing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 3rd, 2018, 09:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've seen more and more cool files available for people to use with their 3D printers, I think it is going to be fun for you Trex.

I finished my 3rd Corregidor Alguaciles Nomad from the Infinity Icestorm 2 player starter set. These troops are pretty basic soldier types and not expensive points wise. What they do though, is give you orders to use for any model. Basically, in Infinity, except for certain mechanical units/bots, each model in your army gives you an order marker. So on your turn, if you have a total of 10 models that each give you an order marker, you can activate a model with as many of those markers as you want. They aren't tied to that model (except in certain cases), so by having some cheap units like these Alguaciles, you get orders to use to activate better models, as well as fodder or units that can get objectives.

Varnished and ready to party. These crazy punk rock soldiers are set for action.

I did manage to get my 7 Snowtroopers assembled, based and primed today, in between a ton of work around house and yard. I'm going to go with the color scheme on the box, with the armor on the chest, forearms, knees, elbows and helmet being white, with the pants, sleeves, lower facemask and cloak being a beige type color.

Last week, I got the templates, skid dice and assorted tokens for the game Gaslands. I had gotten the rulebook a little while ago and have also been picking up some vehicles (Though, one of the cars is one I've had and used for the Parked Car DO for C3G ). I may start out learning the game with the cars as is and just keep track of their weapons and other add-ons on their individual vehicle dashboard card. Perhaps sometime down the road when I get somewhat caught up with other projects, I may do like a lot of people do (a ton of people on the Gaslands facebook page), and modify the cars to have weapons, armor etc and paint them up to look post apocalyptic. The neat thing about this game, is that you can use regular Matchbox or Hotwheels cars that are cheap and easy to find anywhere. Heck, you can print off the templates and glue them onto thin cardboard, use normal dice and consult a chart, and find whatever for tokens if you want. So it's a very low entry cost for those that want to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

Old June 4th, 2018, 01:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Cool paint jobs hahma. I was just telling a brother in law of mine about gaslands since he has some kids of his obsessed with modding and painting hotwheels cars. It looks a little bit like xwing and I have quite the spread of that but it doesnt usually make it to the table. I primed and based the handful of 3d print models I made today. They are so cool. Ill paint them up and post some pics of them. Cant believe how much fun it is to just pick out a character and make a mini of them. Now that I have the hang of it somewhat Ill get back to painting my minis while it churns out some new fun toys. Ive still got to figure out some slicing techniques to put multiple items on my printbed. Then Ill be all set. I might do another batch of jersey barriers for fun.

Old June 6th, 2018, 12:14 AM
"like" happy

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=133
Been 3d printing miniatures. This one is a Protoss Hero named Artanis from the computer game starcraft. I modded it with some translucent blades and painted and based it after removing the supports. So much fun. Maybe I'll make this guy my Heritor and make some other guys for his minions. So fun.

Old June 6th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Very cool! Between you and my buddy Chris with his 3D printer, I'm getting envious of the possibilities with those things

Old June 6th, 2018, 12:51 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Very cool! Between you and my buddy Chris with his 3D printer, I'm getting envious of the possibilities with those things
I just finished making a 28mm groot. Its pretty cool. I need to stop making stuff with it so Ill get back to painting my other stuff. I think I will make some more jersey barriers and I have some files for trash cans and tire pile barriers I should print for walking dead.

Old June 6th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I can see you being able to make a bunch of cool scatter terrain for TWD and other games. Fun for sure!

FFG just announced even more units for Legion, coming out in 3rd quarter I believe. I'm sure I'll get one of each of these, at least

I should be getting Leia and 1 Fleet Trooper expansion soon, then Han and 2 rebel commandos expansions, then Bobafet and 2 Imperial Scouts expansions, and now these heavy weapons. Oye! Lots of painting on the docket for sure, as if there wasn't enough already.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...d-your-ground/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...rebel-assault/

Old June 6th, 2018, 10:42 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Yeah, I can see you being able to make a bunch of cool scatter terrain for TWD and other games. Fun for sure!

FFG just announced even more units for Legion, coming out in 3rd quarter I believe. I'm sure I'll get one of each of these, at least

I should be getting Leia and 1 Fleet Trooper expansion soon, then Han and 2 rebel commandos expansions, then Bobafet and 2 Imperial Scouts expansions, and now these heavy weapons. Oye! Lots of painting on the docket for sure, as if there wasn't enough already.

This Legion Game looks super awesome. I just don't know about rebuying so many star wars figures. I have hundreds already. I will do good if I get my Imp Assault painted along with the others I have to do. I do look forward to seeing all your toys painted up. If some of that scatter turns out nice Ill send you some. I just got 4.4 pounds of filament delivered to my house and it seems Im not going to run out any time soon.

Old June 7th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

This Legion Game looks super awesome. I just don't know about rebuying so many star wars figures. I have hundreds already. I will do good if I get my Imp Assault painted along with the others I have to do. I do look forward to seeing all your toys painted up. If some of that scatter turns out nice Ill send you some. I just got 4.4 pounds of filament delivered to my house and it seems Im not going to run out any time soon.
Yeah, I kind of feel bad for those that got big into Imperial Assault, and while Legion is a different system for sure, it's still redundant in being a boatload of miniatures to paint.

I look forward to seeing your scatter terrain and thanks for the offer

Old June 8th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

My first car mod for Gaslands.

This was a Hot Wheels car that was pictured in a few posts above, with all my Gaslands templates, tokens, rulebook etc. This particular car was at the far right, above the yellow triangular tokens. I should have taken an individual picture of it before modding it.

I drilled out the rivets under the car to be able to take it apart, and then I stripped the old paint off with some stripper I have had in the garage for a long time. It worked well.

I used some leftover sliding door screen (the black flexible screen made to be dogproof) for some metal mesh look in the windows. I have some metal sprue pieces leftover from Halo Ground Command, so I found a suitable one and did some filing, sanding and bending etc on it and drilled a couple holes in the back bumper to glue this into. So it's an extended bumper/oil dropping pipe if I chose to have that as a loadout on the car in a particular race. I have a couple white spacer looking rings that I don't recall where I had gotten them, but glad I saved them. I glued one to the roof, to act as a cupola for various weapons systems I can mount on it. I clued a magnet under the roof, so as to be able to add any of the 3 weapons I have for my Star Wars Legion AT-RT, as I had magnetized them to be able to switch out of that. I had also used a piece of Acrovyn (plastic wall protection) to act as an armor plate in place of a back window.

Here it is primed. I had primed it in pieces, with the inside of the body primed black, as well as the interior, sides and underside of the chassis. The outside of the body I primed grey.

I painted it up and added some rust and weathering. I had some paper signage leftover from one of my 4Ground Games kits I built for The Walking Dead, so I added on the car to look like it has some sponsoring from Magnolia Gasoline.

I have disassembled and stripped another one, a kind of VW mini-pickup truck. Not sure when I will add the modifications to it yet. No hurry, as I have to get back to finishing my Mobile Brigada model for my Infinity Nomads. Eventually I'll get back to Legion and paint my Snowtroopers and 3rd squad of Rebels. As much as I love getting into other game systems (because it's kind of addicting), it gets harder to keep working on the same thing all the time when there are other cool projects to try.

Old June 8th, 2018, 07:25 PM
"like" happy

Oh no @Hahma . Another game system to slave over. Your efforts arent wasted. The car looks great and the magnet idea here is top notch. 3D printing guns for those tiny cars would super easy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures