Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 31st, 2017, 05:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

@Yodaking . I really wanted to jump in on the ice and fire campaign but I have over a 1000 dollars out in kickstarter on things I havent got yet. In short. Im making myself take a pass on this one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 31st, 2017, 05:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That's showing some restraint there @TREX

I was trying to stay out of another minis system, but I recently put some orders in for Infinity miniatures stuff. At least with that game it's a skirmish level game with like 6 to 12 models per side, instead of armies of them. Plus, it's been around for over 10 years and has a really good system.

I had looked at the new AGOT minis game, but I'm not a big fan of the base tray system and especially for model scale that size. Seems kind of clunky to me. But the intrigue aspect of it and being able to change out leaders for different play style seems neat. But at the end of the day, that $150 initial investment would end up being a heck of a lot more because I'd need more variety of units and bigger games, as bumping a few trays together and rolling dice doesn't appeal to me.

Seems like they have a solid release schedule. So there should be plenty of support, and it does seem to be groomed for competitive play. So there will be a lot of stuff to buy over the next several years, and having that IP doesn't hurt either

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 3rd, 2017, 09:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Just backed this one. looks like a neat dexterity game to play between more involved card games like summoner wars.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:21 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just checked that: A song of ice and fire game out again. Man, it looks really good. All the add ons for the extra boosters and terrain pieces look great. It would just easily run up past a couple hundred dollars without even getting all the stuff, and I am tired of waiting for stuff on kickstarter projects. It does look epic though.

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You throw the cards?
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You throw the cards?
I played a similar type game a few years ago, where you stand away from the table a little and toss cards to try to cover other players' cards. It was okay once, but wasn't my thing, and not really anyone else's, because it only came out a couple times and not seen again.

Rise of the Exiled might be better, with weapons tossing.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 9th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wild.
Old August 30th, 2017, 10:37 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sent out today, Kickstarter Update #45 for Rising Sun has a link to the final rules for the core game, as well as photos of all of the final components for the KS Extras and the expansion Dynasty Invasion. CMON notes that they are happy with the plastic, and will commence production on this second wave of game components.

CMON states that they are still ahead of their original production schedule. If they send us the core game first, then instead of the original due date of May 2018, some of us speculate that we might actually get the core game by Christmas, and the 'second wave' for Kickstarter Backers in early 2018.

The first 45 core games were distributed at a Gen Con 2017 charity event. One of these was lent to the reviewers at The Dice Tower. So to both our and CMON's surprise, the first game review is out much earlier than expected as well:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe_P56ziW0

Here is the link to the rule book:

http://resources.cmon.com/Rising_Sun_Rulebook.pdf
Old August 31st, 2017, 10:42 AM
"like" happy

@chas , I also backed Rising sun and ended up getting the base pledge along with the dynasty invasion add on. I didn't pick up the extra play mat or the metal coins though. Based off of the couple other kickstarters I've backed from CMON, I wouldn't put much faith in their word on release dates. They always run months behind. I still haven't received my double pledge with add ons of massive darkness. The figures do look great. (as always with CMON) and I'm also very excited about getting this game. I've just learned that they are never accurate with their shipping dates.

Old August 31st, 2017, 11:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

T-Rex,

I bought exactly what you did! This is based on new info, but nothing is confirmed yet. however, this is the only time CMON has mentioned that they are ahead of schedule as far as I know.
Old September 25th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

For those looking for a cool party game, Maybe It's Poison is now on Kickstarter. I helped play test it during its creation process and it's a way fun time! It's a tea party game where you try to poison the other players and be the only one living at the end. Also my friend True (who plays Heroscape with me and is active at our tournaments, for those of you Utahans/Idahoans who know him) did the artwork for the game. Not that I'm plugging for him - he's getting paid whether the game takes off or not. Just a fun fact.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:34 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

I recently backed War Titans, which seems like a fun game with good replay value, to say nothing of all the great minis! I'm really hoping this one gets pushed through, because I'm hoping to give it to my little brother for Christmas...

*checks estimated delivery date*

...in 2018.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games