Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

We are discussing an NHSD event on the first weekend in October via other channels. If anyone here wants to weigh in on Saturday afternoon vs. Sunday afternoon, feel free to do so.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2016, 12:13 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

We should use map submissions from this contest.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=53308
Gives us something new to work with.
And also supports my shameless self indulgence.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 04:38 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not planning on rebuilding maps between now and then, but you guys should feel free to bring 'em. I will probably build both of my own entries once I make them.

--
--
--

--
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:45 PM

Per discussion elsewhere: Sunday, October 2nd, 2 or 3pm at Enchanted Grounds in Littleton. Let's talk format.

Do we want to include AotP again, maybe with some mixed startzone maps and a few tweaks to our integration rules? Or save that for after NHSD?

--
--
--

--
Old September 14th, 2016, 01:11 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

No AotP please. It blows. Other than that I'm cool with whatever pretty much. I always enjoy pick your poisons and take two formats since we can use lots of armies in one day. I would also enjoy a draft but that usually takes a long time.
Old September 14th, 2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
No AotP please. It blows.
I think we can make AotP work for us, but let's save it for another event.

Quote:
I always enjoy pick your poisons and take two formats since we can use lots of armies in one day. I would also enjoy a draft but that usually takes a long time.
As for this event, let's stick with something relatively fast-paced. I liked the Rolling Rumble we did, although it will work better with more players. You folks want to try that again, or do the more traditional Swiss style?

I like Take 2 + Alternating Pick Your Poison.

--
--
--

--
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:38 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Is this event going to be mixed with planeswalkers again? I'm not at all familiar with it. I'm up for learning new stuff tho.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Is this event going to be mixed with planeswalkers again? I'm not at all familiar with it. I'm up for learning new stuff tho.
Not if Rolando has anything to say about it.

--

Seriously, I think we're not doing it this time. We will probably try it again after some of us have had more chances to try some variations of the integrated rules.

Other question: C3V and SoV will be allowed, obviously. Do we want to allow HoSS as well? I don't know if anyone would even bring any. I have a few heroes, but no cards for them.

--
--
--

--
Old September 16th, 2016, 12:05 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd personally prefer no HoSS but I could maybe be convinced. It pushes the meta in a C3G-ish direction.

I'd dig on either a take 2 variant or reverse draft. Have we done reverse draft locally yet?
Old September 16th, 2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'd personally prefer no HoSS but I could maybe be convinced. It pushes the meta in a C3G-ish direction.

I'd dig on either a take 2 variant or reverse draft. Have we done reverse draft locally yet?
Yeah, last November.

--
--
--

--
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:59 AM

What is this.... "Reverse Draft"... you speak of?
Old September 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What is this.... "Reverse Draft"... you speak of?
Here's my explanation from the Gencon event I ran:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
To play in this event, bring an army of at most 600 points. A maximum of 18 figures can be placed at the start of the game.

The format for each game is kill 'em all, however, before each game there will be a reverse draft:
  • Begin with a dice-off. The winner of the dice-off chooses one of the armies (theirs, or their opponent's) and says they want to play with that army.
  • The loser of the dice-off either agrees to let the dice-off winner play with that army, or removes at least one figure from that army and says they want to play with it.
  • The players go back and forth, removing additional figure(s) from the chosen army each time, until one player passes and lets the other player use it.
  • The player who passes plays the army that was not chosen in the first step (at full strength).
Fine print:
Spoiler Alert!
There are more complex versions where you can put units back in as long as the partial card scoring total is lower than what you started with. I prefer that, but we can keep it simple if you want.

Or, again, bring 2 is fine with me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events