Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 13th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
That's it, Longscaper. That's the winning idea. No Taelord/Spartacus armies, because you have to have a minimum of 10 figures (or 12, or 15, or whatever). That way you're forced to give your opponents something to work with.

This sounds like a blast.
Yep that would be the way to go, but make it so that Taelord isn't totally ruled out. Against an army of chumps he can be quite good.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart
I like the "worst army/best tactician" concept. I'd LOVE to play in this. Now, just need to figure out *when* to do it. I have two weekends that I can't participate - Memorial Day weekend, and the weekend following it (June 1st-3rd), due to other obligations.

I wouldn't mind seeing a game sometime in June, outside of the weekend I mentioned already taken...maybe Father's Day weekend?

Just thinking aloud,
--Aahz
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
I love the worst army idea! Although it may put me at more of a handicap than usual since out of the many units I have never played with or against, most of those would probably fall into that worst category. :P

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm dumb. I'm just not understanding the attraction here.
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
I'm dumb. I'm just not understanding the attraction here.
For me it is a chance to think on the fly. Use your units to the fullest. Remember that each game you will be using a different army entirely and will be facing the one you picked out. There are many units that might actually get some play and even shine out in a tourney like this. It is a test of your skill as a player in how you overcome challenges.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:38 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Are we gonna play a team tournament as well, or will it be individually?
Exactly as GB said, playing with an army that someone picks out for you, and trying to win the one that you choose can be challenging. You know precisely your army's weakness, but it doesn't mean that you can defeat it easily because the other army is equally weak. So you need to find a strong point of the army you are given to hold your side and defeat the other sides. The idea is also mind-twisted, which I found fascinating .
I predict that markwars will have a very high rank in such tournament. He has been playing with his son for a long time with this format. He let his son choose the army for him, so he usually ends up 200-300 point really weak army against 700-800 point powerful army. Watch out for markwars .

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You're not dumb, Velenne, you're just uptight. (just kidding, man!)

I think a worst army tournament will be a huge and exciting challenge. No two games even remotely the same, because you're always facing the same thing, but you've got a different bag of tricks every time. I think it will be more exciting to find ways to work with a weak team than it ever is to no-brainer your way through a massively bonded uber-force.

It's also a test of your ability to think on your feet. With an army you build, you will have practiced (theoretically) for a while and know exactly how it works and where its strengths lie. When you sit down and someone hands you an army, you're forced to figure out how to work it on the fly. You've got assets, but they're not obvious. Sure, they're not the assets you (or anyone sane) would have chosen, but that's the point.

So what are we thinking for a minimum army size, both in terms of starting spaces and points? 12 starting spaces means you almost have to have some squaddies, and 500 means you'll almost be forced to include something useful. So that's my vote - 12 and 500.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
posted a poll / questions for making this a REAL deal.

Old March 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is there anyway to combine the Worst Army concept with the Speed Tourney so that we get to play lots and lots of games?

Say 300 point terrible armies, 10 minimum starting spaces, 30 minute rounds, and Ry has to use a timer?
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Is there anyway to combine the Worst Army concept with the Speed Tourney so that we get to play lots and lots of games?

Say 300 point terrible armies, 10 minimum starting spaces, 30 minute rounds, and Ry has to use a timer?
I would not want to mix the two as it would deminish the value of both.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I would not want to mix the two as it would deminish the value of both.
I'm with GB on this one. I like both tourney ideas but I think they are separate concepts. I'm totally up for either or both though. It sounds like a lot of fun.

For the speed tourney I think the maps will need to be smaller, while the "worst" army maps could probably work with the normal tourney sized maps. As for small maps, I think ninthdoc needs to get back to that Arena he was building that one day!

Have jetpack, will travel.
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:35 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ok....ok I get it. I admit, the idea is growing on me.

It certainly has one major upside: NO MAJOR Q9!!!
:banana:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events