Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 30th, 2007, 09:33 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Marro Warriors

The Book of Marro Warriors
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Steely skeletal frames distinguish these savage predators. Mind-shackled by Ne-Gok-Sa, Marro Warriors have no thoughts or will of their own. On the battlefield they are unpredictable, wild and intimidating: they advance quickly with single-minded intent, firing furiously and for long distances with their plasma blasters. Perhaps the most powerful weapon in the Marros' arsenal is their eerie ability to clone themselves. Standing quite still for several minutes, they then literally divide in half to become two separate and fully functioning selves. The Marros clone most easily in water, but they seem to be able to do so anywhere. (Hasbro)
    No, they just have a better chance to Water Clone if they are in the water. You may still clone if all of the Marro Warriors
    are on terrain tiles. (Hasbro FAQ)

- WATER CLONE : Activating Newly Cloned Marro Warriors
    Can cloned Marro Warriors clone or attack the turn they are cloned?
    No, the newly cloned Marro Warriors must wait until their next turn to be called on to do anything. (Hasbro FAQ)

- WATER CLONE : Attacking and Cloning in One Turn
    In order to Water Clone must all in-play Marro Warriors commit to the action? Or, for instance, may one Marro Warrior attempt to "Water Clone" while another attacks?
    They all as a unit, must choose to attack or water clone. You can't split it up.
    (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy
    Belonging to the Marro race, Marro Warriors may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY
    d20 enhancement.

-TUL-BAK-RA: Teleport Reinforcements
    Being a marro squad, Marro Warriors may benefit from TUL=BAK-RA’s TELEPORT REINFORCEMENTS ability.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A

Power Rankings

Jexik: Marro Warriors- Cheap and effective, the Marro Warriors will rarely not kill their point value. A

OEAO: A+

Cleon: Tier 10 (5/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A

Master Index
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; April 12th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old May 5th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
While I understand the rule, I think it is stupid that 1 marro can't clone and three of them attack. I'm just not sure why that is. Are they like the Borg and have a collective intelligence? I have used them several times, worth the 50 points, definatly. I use one marro to stand in water, and 3 to attack, just in case I get tied up in engagement and they start to die. Also are good for non-themed armys, seeing how they have a good range and very few times do they die in the first 5 rounds.

...beware Q9...

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old May 6th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Most likely to prevent someone from saying "Oops my first one didn't make it, so I'm going to try again"

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old May 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Whenever using the Marro Warriors, always have one behind in water far away from the battle. Also, when you clone, the cloned figure must be on a same level, which always gets me whenever I try to clone in water and then place him on land because there is no water adjacent to the cloner. But yes, the Marro Warriors are always worth there 50 points, always!!!!!

Old May 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jaxx
While I understand the rule, I think it is stupid that 1 marro can't clone and three of them attack. I'm just not sure why that is. Are they like the Borg and have a collective intelligence? I have used them several times, worth the 50 points, definatly. I use one marro to stand in water, and 3 to attack, just in case I get tied up in engagement and they start to die. Also are good for non-themed armys, seeing how they have a good range and very few times do they die in the first 5 rounds.

...beware Q9...
I don't think it's weird at all. If you want to attack with three, then you won't be cloning with one, as all four are on the feild! :P

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jaxx

...beware Q9...
You probably think it is stupid because you used to play them that way before I pointed out the CORRECT way to play. No wonder you would always draft them first. That and the fact that you also would use a just cloned warrior to try to clone more warriors.
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Best unit for 50 points or less, IMO. As far as uniques go, they're one of the best choices as a dumping ground for viking spirits - nothing like having a 7 move, 6 range, 3 attack, 4 defense squad of four with the ability to bring back fallen figures. And even with all those boosts, you still have 260 points left in a 500 point army build (so room for KoWx2 and some AE, KMA, Kaemon Awa or the like for extra range support).
Old June 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM

Marroman13 has disabled reputation
For my money...or points...or whatever...

I love this squad, when my rolls are hot I can win games with these little guys. For fifty points your getting a four man unit with 6 move, 6 Range, 2 Attack and 3 Defense. With the water clone rolls!?! Yes Pls!

My usual tactic for these little buggers is run them up on hills and start rainin shots. When two of em die off and the battle allows it I run the other two somewhere safe (water or no water) and start making rolls.

Alot of the time i'm lucky enough to at least get one 15+ roll with the two guys and if i am near water i'll have my whole squad back that round

Best 50pt squad EVER!
Old August 12th, 2007, 06:26 AM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
Quote:
Place a previously destroyed Marro Warrior on a same - level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior.
There has been some discussion with my friends and I on this.
If it isn't possible to clone on a same - level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior, like for example a water tile surrounded by land and your Marro goes to clone in the water.
What happens then? No cloning possible or can you just place a Marro on the land adjacent to the first Marro?

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00DDeMoN
Quote:
Place a previously destroyed Marro Warrior on a same - level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior.
There has been some discussion with my friends and I on this.
If it isn't possible to clone on a same - level space adjacent to that Marro Warrior, like for example a water tile surrounded by land and your Marro goes to clone in the water.
What happens then? No cloning possible or can you just place a Marro on the land adjacent to the first Marro?
No cloning.
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
Thanks Revdyer, that makes there 50 points more obvious, I always thought these guys were way to overpowered.

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00DDeMoN
Thanks Revdyer, that makes there 50 points more obvious, I always thought these guys were way to overpowered.
Yeah, that "geographical limitation" does make the point cost more understandable. I love the Warriors, but they have their limits. Sometimes, when you have cloned one and aren't careful to move it, the next clone try is useless because the one level space is already filled. (Just as an example.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units