Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 14th, 2019, 05:05 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange

Hi Everyone,

The thought occurred to me while working in my role as playtester within the C3V project as a way to generate more playtesting interest is to offer myself as a playtest exchange ambassador. The idea is if you playtest a unit from my project, then I will playtest a unit from your project. I have had, in my opinion, success working with the AotV custom team and thought it would be reasonable to expand.

But clearly this isn't something that should be restricted to just me or c3v, so I thought this could be a forum where people could exchange interest in the program and propose what units of their own or their own projects to be tested and hopefully find interest from other designers who are hungry to get their own units in the hands of others and receive feedback.

Specifically I think this would be a great way for individual custom designers to get feedback on their customs and a solid way to get them played by other individuals, which I think is something that would be pretty cool.

What I anticipate this thread being is people posting their willingness to playtest someone's unit and also posting what they would like tested. (specific matchups, point totals, or armies can be specified) I am only planning on keeping this OP updated with a list of people who have expressed interest in the program. I will not be policing this so hopefully everyone who says they will do a playtest will indeed do so and in a timely manner.

Sample Exchange:
-Person A says I want this tested (like kevindola with Cal the Smuggler or Kolakoski with his units)
-Person B says 'I'll test that for you and you test this' (like Flash with Agent Dashe)
-Ideally they both give a relative time frame it will be accomplished

Here is the rough expectation of the playtest resport used for c3v public playtest and should be a solid baseline:

Spoiler Alert!

That's it. Hopefully the community will find this idea useful, and if not, well no harm done. Happy Scaping

Updated: 12/22/19

Those interested in playtest exchanges

-kevindola (I request any c3g playtest request have the armies pre-made)
-flameslayer93 (no Supers)
-kolakoski

Last edited by kevindola; February 5th, 2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old December 14th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange

I think this is a cool idea! I look forward to participating in this!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 14th, 2019, 06:06 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Neat idea.
Old December 14th, 2019, 07:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Put me down as a playtester. I don’t get a lot of time for ‘scape and really don’t expect any testing in return but anyone is free to return the favor.

No supers, please. I don’t know anything about that part of ‘scape, so I can’t gauge how good somethimg might be.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 15th, 2019, 06:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

This is crazy. I literally had the same thoughts of this with almost the same title as I started to post it. I didnt finish my post because I wasnt sure how well recieved it would be as it isnt SoV or C3V oriented in my mind. I also wasnt sure how the whole exchange would go down. I basically wanted a place to get units tested and would be willing to test others in return. I think if this idea gets fleshed out a little more it could be pretty great. Possibly a points or reward system between people testing units?

Id be interested in having units tested having a generic 500pt army using only other tested and validated units. (Original, C3V, SoV, and HoSS)
Id like to also figure up a points system to keep the amount of testing between units here somewhat balanced. And as always proxies are encouraged.

Put me down for this.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 15th, 2019, 09:17 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
This is crazy. I literally had the same thoughts of this with almost the same title as I started to post it. I didnt finish my post because I wasnt sure how well recieved it would be as it isnt SoV or C3V oriented in my mind. I also wasnt sure how the whole exchange would go down. I basically wanted a place to get units tested and would be willing to test others in return. I think if this idea gets fleshed out a little more it could be pretty great. Possibly a points or reward system between people testing units?

Id be interested in having units tested having a generic 500pt army using only other tested and validated units. (Original, C3V, SoV, and HoSS)
Id like to also figure up a points system to keep the amount of testing between units here somewhat balanced. And as always proxies are encouraged.

Put me down for this.
The idea of a points system is a good one, although I'm not sure it will be strictly required. I'm hoping it won't be actually. Just propose a unit to be playtested (maybe with armies) and wait for someone to accept.

With that said, I can start the ball rolling. Looking for a playtest exchange for Cal the Smuggler vs. a mostly normal ranged army

Last edited by kevindola; December 15th, 2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old December 15th, 2019, 09:32 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:

Put me down for this.
The idea of a points system is a good one, although I'm not sure it will be strictly required. I'm hoping it won't be actually. Just propose a unit to be playtested (maybe with armies) and wait for someone to accept.

With that said, I can start the ball rolling. Looking for a playtest exchange for Cal the Smuggler vs. a mostly normal ranged army
Just so you know, that link takes me to a no permission page. I'd take you up, but I still have work to be doing tonight since it's the end of the work week and I don't have enough hours. Maybe tomorrow.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 15th, 2019, 10:11 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Put me down for this.

Just so you know, that link takes me to a no permission page. I'd take you up, but I still have work to be doing tonight since it's the end of the work week and I don't have enough hours. Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks, the link is corrected. Just let me know what unit you'd like tested in exchange. Thanks
Old December 22nd, 2019, 10:20 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Anyone interested in doing an exchange or two this week? I have some time with the holiday week.

Looking for a playtest exchange for Cal the Smuggler vs. a mostly normal ranged army

@TREX
@flameslayer93
@Flash_19
Old December 22nd, 2019, 02:19 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Anyone interested in doing an exchange or two this week? I have some time with the holiday week.

Looking for a playtest exchange for Cal the Smuggler vs. a mostly normal ranged army

@TREX
@flameslayer93
@Flash_19
I'd be happy to do a playtest or maybe even 2 some time this week for you. In exchange, I'd love a playtest on my custom Agent Dashe in this post here. I'd probably prefer she be tested against units you'd be more likely to see at a tourney - like B or higher on the power rankings.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 22nd, 2019, 03:12 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Doing play testing here in Jamaica during my vacation, and I’m cool with testing additional units. Would appreciate testing/feedback on the current versions of the 2 units I’ve been working on. Figures in Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom thread.

Demetria Reyjyre

Utgar
Unique Hero
Undead
Queen
Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Life Drain from Cyprien
Enslave 17 from Mindflayer
Sonic Sword - May re-roll 2 attack or defense dice.

Rania Reyjyre

Ullar
Elf
Unique Hero
Warlord
Valiant

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Ullar’s Light - May re-roll 1 attack die for each friendly figure that follows Ullar within 4 spaces to a maximum of three dice.

Ullar’s Retribution
May attack all opponents’ units, rolling defense dice separately, within 2 spaces of a friendly unit that follows Ullar when it’s destroyed, with one 3-dice attack by revealing the X Marker on Rania’s card.

Only brought a limited number of figures. Playing various Orc armies, with various versions of Demetria, against various Armoc armies with various versions of Rania. The latest version of Rania is a response to Orc superiority. Meanwhile, Demetria died consistently before doing anything. Being able to re-roll 2 dice on defense makes a huge difference. Re-rolling attack dice as well may be too much.

Last edited by kolakoski; December 22nd, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2019, 04:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:

@TREX
@flameslayer93
@Flash_19
I'd be happy to do a playtest or maybe even 2 some time this week for you. In exchange, I'd love a playtest on my custom Agent Dashe in this post here. I'd probably prefer she be tested against units you'd be more likely to see at a tourney - like B or higher on the power rankings.
So would the official procedure as it were be: scaper 1 wants testing done so scaper 2 says I will do testing on said unit if you do testing for this unit of mine? If that is what we are going for I very much like that direction. I wasnt entirely sure how it would work out so all parties involved would get something for their time. It would be worth noting that in the OP if that is the direction. I will look into it further after taking care of some things around my place.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards