Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 18th, 2010, 01:06 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Custom Cards Based on Official Cards

Ok, so, I had an idea some time ago about creating custom cards using official cards as a base for the custom, ie, rewording/revising existing cards. My question is this. Would altering existing cards be copyright infringement? I'm not trying to remake the wheel here, nor get into a pissing contest with WOTC, I am just trying to add even more flavour to the ever-growing pot of HS stew.
The original discussion of this is found here...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18559
There is an example of my work on page 2.
Thoughts? Comments?
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Cards Based on Official Cards

You sell them and you get on WotC radar, they will likely sue you. You create/print/use your own cards I doubt they will care, especailly if you are still buying their product for the figures.

If they really cared about customs we would have to shut down the customs section soooo fast that it would make the site spin.

*note the cynic in me believes this thread is just an ad for your custom project, but I will keep that to my self. heh heh./

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:50 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Cards Based on Official Cards

Not an ad dude. An honest question. Besides, I haven't even started it yet. I'm too busy dealing with my MS comic customs and the CMD group (Shameless Plug) to do them right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion