Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

Funny, 'cause I originally liked them best too. After seeing Base C I really liked it better, but now that I have done all this measuring and stuff, I am back to lovin' Base A!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I will glue some minis on each kind and photo them by Thursday if you all want to hold off for a little longer!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
I can't comment on the other two, but base B is 3mm high, the same as official bases. This accounts for why they fit well in the ladder slots. They look a bit thicker in the pics due to the rounded lips.
Not mine. I ordered the one you have after seeing your pic of Warrior Woman and it is slightly taller than Heroscape bases. Without the lip it would be the exact same height.
Just measured them again...exactly 3mm on each.

I tested both on the ladders and they are slightly more snug than the official ones, but we are talking about maybe a third of a mm.

What is kind of funny that I never noticed before is how loose the official bases are in the ladders. It isn't enough for them to pop out, but there is a little wiggle there.

Look, it doesn't matter to me which ones you choose. I like the angled edges better than the curved edges, but I also like a more appropriate thickness so it just depends what you prefer. I am just trying to help folks out.
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:32 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Thanx for this find, I just ordered 60 of A.

Cheers
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
Just measured them again...exactly 3mm on each.

I tested both on the ladders and they are slightly more snug than the official ones, but we are talking about maybe a third of a mm.
Agreed.

Quote:
What is kind of funny that I never noticed before is how loose the official bases are in the ladders. It isn't enough for them to pop out, but there is a little wiggle there.
Again, I agree. Base A has the same wiggle room as Heroscape bases though.

Quote:
Look, it doesn't matter to me which ones you choose. I like the angled edges better than the curved edges, but I also like a more appropriate thickness so it just depends what you prefer. I am just trying to help folks out.
As am I. Believe me, I found your original post very helpful! I +repped you for this a long time ago, and immediately googled them and ordered these. Because of you, I found all three of these bases! I am merely looking for the best info for people to make a decision on.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Bravo to both Spidey and Badger as this is all great stuff. I think I'm going to take a shot at Base A if for the affordable price alone.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

So where do we order base A from again?
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
So where do we order base A from again?
First post in this thread has the link.
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

I just ordered and currently they are out of stock. But...
A reorder is already on the way!!!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Captain Underpants

I just ordered 45 with shipping at a cost of $9.95. Will they be sending me an e-mail to say that they are out of stock?
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I haven't received any advice to say they were out of stock.
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
C3G's First Fan

I don't know. I ordered and then contacted them and they told me they had more on the way and would I mind waiting. I said, I've waited this long, a few more days won't kill me! If you have any questions, contact them during business hours they have a really quick turn-around on responses. It says to give them two hours, but I had an entire conversation via e-mail on Tuesday.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations