Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM

Archer has disabled reputation
How much life is left in Heroscape?

Please don't Judge me too quickly about this post.
I played a game called Lord of the rings tradeable miniature game and it was a very good game, the gamers had a great web sight with lots on the forum much like Heroscapers.
The future was bright with ROTK coming out soon and rumors of Sabertooth games getting the rights to the Hobbit and other Tolkken books to make new figures from middle earth's history, and even a large Shelob figure in the works.
Then out of the Blue.... rumblings from distribution to production, then it was over (Discontinued) just that quick!!!and with not even enough ROTK to go around.

I know heroscape will eventually come to a end ,( I hope not for a Very long time) but are the rumblings that Hasbro sent Sandra that First sign??? With the exception of some Kyre, and a few token troops for Aquila, what more could be left? How much life do you think there will be in the original Heroscape?

But I think Marvel Heroscape will be around for years to come .
Old September 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You are attempting to push me over the edge today aren't you?

Arrrrgh!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:05 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I think your judged.

This is why I don't want to make that poll.

Hellboy= Malechi= angry= over edge= not happy ending

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:06 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I will remain on board the 'Ship of Most Hopeful'. Craig said Heroscape had at least 2 more years left in it. This new info Sandra got is just a little blip that is getting blown out of proportion.

~JH, Remaining hopeful with lots and lots of faith.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker
Dude, it's done, gone, finished Kaputz.

Just kidding. We still have several years.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:26 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckrock
Dude, it's done, gone, finished Kaputz.

Just kidding. We still have several years.
But will it be 2 years in the sense of two actual years of what we've had or two years in the sense of two years of what we've had stretched out over 3-5 years?!
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:33 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
Everyone, please just have faith that Craig is right. Another 2 years.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:35 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
In terms of what is left for them to do, well, the designers have said that they have about two years' worth of releases either sitting around or in testing.

In terms of inspiration for future figures, well, that's a source that *never* needs to run dry (especially not at the rate that HS waves appear).

The real question is how well is it selling, and what are the profit margins for Hasbro? So long as it's making big money, they'll keep supporting it; but if the public or big retailers get bored, that'll be t. Hasbro really won't be interested in continuing it as a niche product.

Has boredom set in? I think Hasbro missed a golden opportunity to get the Marvel game out into the stores when all the Marvel movies were in the cinema earlier this year; they should then have aimed to get follow-up figures out in time for the Oct-Dec buying season. I also think that the long gap between recent waves hasn't helped. But the biggest stumbling block has been the packaging situation, that allows certain units to clog up the shelves, along with what I suspect was a degree of over-ordering/over-production. Retailers HATE that - shelf space costs them real money, and things cannot be allowed to fester on the shelves.

Reminds me of Fallen Empires. Magic survived that stumbling block, but other games in similar situations haven't.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: How much life is left in Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
With the exception of some Kyre, and a few token troops for Aquila, what more could be left?
GENTLEMEN...

Hmmm, let me think.

A game based on warriors from all time, space, and dimensions,
wow, you are so right. What more could be left?
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

SEIZE THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!!!!!
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:44 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

SEIZE THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!!!!!
GENTLEMEN...

(marro centaur from wave 15 grabs Archer)
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
More years then you could imagine. Are you serious Marvel Scape will be around longer, I would take that bet. 2 years of stuff on the table, but I am sure there is way more then that. They ha ve a gold mine here, why would they stop, I bet they have 3 - 5 more Master sets alone to go. I think 2 years is the nay sayers.

This is by hasbro sold at all the major stores, it has years left.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion