Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 20th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Xualtiaca Fire Ants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airballshooter View Post
i thought i roll once for every ant not for every enemy figure
Nope. It's like Marro Plague.

Quote:
SWARM STING 18
Instead of attacking, Xualtiaca Fire Ants may use Swarm Sting 18. Once for each opponent's figure adjacent to at least one Xualtiaca Fire Ant you control, roll the 20-sided die for stinging damage. Add 1 to your die roll for each Xualtiaca Fire Ant you control engaged with that figure. If you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives one wound. If the wound was inflicted and the figure was not destroyed, roll again for stinging damage for that figure. Swarm Sting does not affect destructible objects.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:56 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Does SWARM STING 18 work indefinitely for each figure as long as you keep rolling for it (similar to how Frenzy works) or kill all figures, or just one extra time per figure you are stinging?

Also, I don't necessarily agree with the FAQ on Swarm Sting that you only roll only for figures adjacent to up to 4 that activated this turn (activating includes those that did normal move or ones moved by Swarming). This is different than Marrden Hounds' MARRDEN PLAGUE, although wording is a different. I could live with the ruling, just the wording on the card is not clear at all (along with my above question).
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:01 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Does SWARM STING 18 work indefinitely for each figure as long as you keep rolling for it (similar to how Frenzy works) or kill all figures, or just one extra time per figure you are stinging?
No, you only roll one time for each enemy figure adjacent to at least one of your ants. Like Marro Plague.

Quote:
Also, I don't necessarily agree with the FAQ on Swarm Sting that you only roll only for figures adjacent to up to 4 that activated this turn (activating includes those that did normal move or ones moved by Swarming). This is different than Marrden Hounds' MARRDEN PLAGUE, although wording is a different. I could live with the ruling, just the wording on the card is not clear at all (along with my above question).
I'm not sure what you're asking. The R&C in the OP only addresses normal attacks. It has no bearing on Swarm Sting.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:11 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Scytale - thanks for a quick response. On the second question I am just an idiot on reading the FAQ. So I guess you can roll for every figure adjacent to any Fire Ant, similar to MARRDEN PLAGUE except only opponents.

For the first question on SWARM STING 18, I was asking specifically on this clause:
Quote:
If the wound was inflicted and the figure was not destroyed, roll again for stinging damage for that figure.
Does this repeat indefinitely, up to the figure being destroyed? For example I have a high live hero next to one or more fire ants and get one wound for swarm sting, then roll again and get it a second time. Do I get to roll for it a third time and if successful 4th and so on, or do I stop at a max of twice?
Old April 22nd, 2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If the wound was inflicted and the figure was not destroyed, roll again for stinging damage for that figure.
Does this repeat indefinitely, up to the figure being destroyed? For example I have a high live hero next to one or more fire ants and get one wound for swarm sting, then roll again and get it a second time. Do I get to roll for it a third time and if successful 4th and so on, or do I stop at a max of twice?
Oh yeah, that part. It's like Sujoah's Poison Sting. Yes, you just keep rolling until the roll fails. It's possible a single ant could sting Braxas to death.
Old December 31st, 2020, 05:43 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These ants are now very hard to find. If anyone has a good source, please post!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 15th, 2021, 02:32 PM

You can get 192 of them for $69 (<˘40 each) - glow in the dark version, so would need to be painted black.
Old February 20th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ve been enjoying these dudes quite a bit. Playing 20 of them for 275pt. as a base is a go-to army when I’m playing in the VC world lately. One of their biggest obstacles, if not the biggest, is the fact that they’re only 2 height. And being a melee squad that wants to engage as much as it can, that’s something that comes up often. If you’re facing something ranged on a map that has a difference in height of 2 or more levels between adjacent hexes, that’s a huge problem. I was testing with Shiftrex and he had MW on April and I was terrified of the 5 hex spots because my ants can’t do anything about it.

So I think you’re going to have to play some solid range with these guys in preparation for facing that. I think Syvarris would be good as he outranges near everything and if something is trying to camp on a spot with 2+ height difference then you can just out camp it until it dies or is forced to reposition. Krav and other good range will work fine too of course. PK’s will probably do the trick too. Or know the map pool you’re going into, and if there aren’t any maps that have significant spots like that then you won’t necessarily need that range insurance.
Old September 17th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If anyone is near Lawrence, KS, The Toy Store on Mass Ave have these figures and the Amberhive Protector minis available for $1 each. No idea how many they have, but plenty of squads available for both of these.

Upset City Baby.
Old January 29th, 2023, 01:47 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mellifera can be added to Synergy Benefits Received, since the Xualtiaca Fire Ants can benefit from her Frenzied Swarm 14 power. (Although 95% of the time you'll be using Swarm Sting regardless).

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs