Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2018, 09:53 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Starfox (Design Phase)

To me, the effect of Pheromone Distraction is pretty much perfect. It's just a case of needing to get away from it because of the name not being optimal. Frankly I'd be okay with changing the name and just throwing in an Eternal immunity.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 08:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

As an FYI, for those that think Starfox is a creepy weirdo (which I always sort of did): I recently saw a pretty interesting argument that that interpretation of the character is diametrically opposed to the original intention as a counterpoint to Thanos. Thanos is in love with death, suffering, pain, and nihilism, while Eros is in love with life, pleasure, happiness, and freedom. And that this reframing is a result of the more traditional, anti-sex, overtly masculine superhero story that's dominated the genre for most of its existence. You can read it here (with a warning for language and discussion of sexuality). I'm hoping that a modern writer can reframe him in a way that plays to his strengths - a guy who just wants everyone to have a good time.

As for the draft itself, I agree that we should probably change the distraction power. Something like "EUPHORIA DISTRACTION." Increase the range to 2-3 spaces. I'd suggest adding in a Mental Shield restriction, too, since that's always an issue for him. Not a huge fan of LOVER - I'll try to think if there's anything better. It's a shame Mentor isn't a king, since then he'd count as a prince. Maybe something like Noble or Heir?

Otherwise I like the draft overall, simple powerset for a simple dude. Fly him into the fray and park him somewhere important to shut down the occasional enemy.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 09:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Okay, so how about...

Quote:
EUPHORIA DISTRACTION 15
When an opponent’s figure that is not an Android, Eternal, or destructible object and does not have the Mental Shield special power ends its movement within 2 clear sight spaces of Starfox, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, that figure cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph this turn.
And yeah, I had the same thought about Prince... it's perfect except he isn't one.

Noble could maybe work... though that is a personality on Silver Surfer, so it might be better future-proofing to not reuse it as a class. We could maybe do something like Defender (or Avenger)? He wasn't a literal Defender, but it works in the sense that he's the guy that's sort of comes to bat when Thanos is up to something.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think I'd rather call out Nihilist than Eternal if we want to box out Thanos. I think his powers should work on his fellow Eternals - otherwise, how would he have used them? He spent his entire life only interacting with Eternals (up until Thanos killed them all, obviously). Nihilists aren't capable of happiness, though, obviously.

I think Avenger might work. He's one of those guys whose job was just "be an Avenger" during his tenure - like, he hung around the mansion and occasionally fought bad guys. If we don't want the Avengers synergy I think that works best. But Defender or Protector or Guardian also works - they just feel a bit too active for someone who's main schtick is that he's kind of a layabout.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:35 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You could change the class to Hedonist and the personality to something else?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 24th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
As an FYI, for those that think Starfox is a creepy weirdo (which I always sort of did): I recently saw a pretty interesting argument that that interpretation of the character is diametrically opposed to the original intention as a counterpoint to Thanos. Thanos is in love with death, suffering, pain, and nihilism, while Eros is in love with life, pleasure, happiness, and freedom. And that this reframing is a result of the more traditional, anti-sex, overtly masculine superhero story that's dominated the genre for most of its existence. You can read it here (with a warning for language and discussion of sexuality). I'm hoping that a modern writer can reframe him in a way that plays to his strengths - a guy who just wants everyone to have a good time.
I think the thing that drives him more towards skeevy than just life-loving is the whole 'supernatural powers of seduction' thing, which feels a little... well, not to put too fine a point on it, rapey. If it's just a free-wheeling, pleasure seeking attitude, sure, you can pull that off, but it's hard to frame that superpower in a way that's not creepy (unless he has it but consciously doesn't use it without permission).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 27th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
I think I'd rather call out Nihilist than Eternal if we want to box out Thanos. I think his powers should work on his fellow Eternals - otherwise, how would he have used them? He spent his entire life only interacting with Eternals (up until Thanos killed them all, obviously). Nihilists aren't capable of happiness, though, obviously.
Right, but I was always under the impression that Thanos was unaffected by Starfox because they're brothers, not because Thanos is so darn grumpy. Eternals hits closer to that than Nihilistic does.

We could always namecheck Thanos directly, I suppose.

Quote:
I think Avenger might work. He's one of those guys whose job was just "be an Avenger" during his tenure - like, he hung around the mansion and occasionally fought bad guys. If we don't want the Avengers synergy I think that works best. But Defender or Protector or Guardian also works - they just feel a bit too active for someone who's main schtick is that he's kind of a layabout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
You could change the class to Hedonist and the personality to something else?
Yeah, I went Defender over Protector or Guardian because it does sound just a hair more passive. Hedonist as the class could work. Not immediately sure about the personality in that case.
Old June 27th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Right, but I was always under the impression that Thanos was unaffected by Starfox because they're brothers, not because Thanos is so darn grumpy. Eternals hits closer to that than Nihilistic does.

We could always namecheck Thanos directly, I suppose.
If the theme's that tight, then it's a bit weird that Thanos gets that immunity here when Cyclops and Havoc can use their powers against each othher with impunity (unless we want to go back and edit their cards to include that immunity, which I wouldn't actually be opposed to).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Symbiotic

Retconning all three Summers brothers to be immune to each other's attacks would be a lot messier than dropping Thanos' name into an already-extant list of immunities in one of Starfox's powers. Not really a relevant example.
Old June 28th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
NAME = STARFOX
SECRET IDENTITY = EROS

SPECIES = ETERNAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AVENGER
PERSONALITY = HEDONISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

RELUCTANT HERO
If there are no Order Markers on this card and a Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move all unrevealed Order Markers from that Hero's Army Card to this card.

EUPHORIA DISTRACTION 15
When an opponent’s figure that is not Thanos, an Android, or a destructible object and does not have the Mental Shield special power ends its movement within 2 clear sight spaces of Starfox, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, that figure cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Okay, so what do people think of these tweaks? Planning on running with this if no one objects.
Old June 28th, 2018, 09:23 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Looks good to me!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 28th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Hard as ice

I've never really liked 'Avenger' as a class (except for people who, y'know, avenge things), seeing as almost all iconic Avengers don't have it. I'd be happier personally with your Defender suggestion, though even that's boring an generic as hell. If it were up to me, I'd go for something like Sybarite or Voluptuary, but that's because I like weird words. (Though Hedonistic Sybarite does have a ring to me, even if it is tautological - certainly no more so than 'Tricky Trickster' or 'Insane Psychopath') The class probably doesn't matter so much here.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library