Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 27th, 2012, 11:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Crow ~~ Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looks good! Good call on the (thematic and strategic) Cop combo. Looks ready to test, I think.

I'd pair him with at least one squad of Cops in the heavy hitters. No sense in putting him in tests where his powers don't come into play at all.
Awesome. I'll send it to the ERB then!
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

From David!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
The Crow

Hey, I've got a joke for you: a crow walks into a bar. Get it? Crow? Bar? Crowbar!!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!!

I'll be here all week, folks!

Set the Wrong Things Right
You probably should specify that the marker is placed on the opponent's Army Card instead of the Hero itself.

"Start the game with one black Crow Marker and place it on an opponent's Unique or Event Hero's Army Card."

I think it would be grammatically clear from this that Unique applies to Hero and not squad. If not, you could say "Unique Hero's or Event Hero's". (though check to make certain I'm using the 's correctly.)

Need to capitalize Army Card further in the text.

I wonder if it would read better to say "place the Crow Marker on that opponent's Army Card" to emphasize that you place the marker only on the card of the hero that killed the figure.

Here's my proposed version if you like it:

Quote:
Set the Wrong Things Right
Start the game with one black Crow Marker and place it on an opponent's Unique or Event Hero's Army Card. Whenever one of your figures is destroyed by an opponent's Unique or Event Hero and the Crow Marker is on this card, you may place the Crow Marker on that opponent's Army Card. Any figure besides The Crow with the Crow Marker on its Army Card rolls one fewer defense die.
And here's my proposed version if you think the above sucks:

Quote:
Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right
Start the game with a bottle of Burt's Beer. Every time your opponent complains about his or her dice rolls, take a drink. If you pass out, you win a Tactical Victory. If you throw up on your opponent before passing out, you win a Decisive Victory.

Burt's Beer: The beer that has no place in a C3G design.
Double Attack
The Official Ability of Doublemint Gum!

Live for Vengeance
Capitalize Crow Marker.

This might be broken if your opponent drafts Mr. Mxyzptlk, if the chosen figure is destroyed by an ability that doesn't inflict wounds, or if the chosen figure is removed from the battlefield such as from Brainiac's collection. The Crow is still vulnerable to being destroyed by a special ability that doesn't inflict wounds.

Final Thoughts
You'll need to review the situations mentioned in Live for Vengeance to ensure I'm not losing my mind. If I am correct, you'll have to consider an additional way to return the marker, and you may have to exempt Event Heroes from the marker.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like a good edit to me (the first one ... not the Burt's one).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... David does make a good point about Live for Vengeance here. If you place the marker onto a figure with only one life and The Crow is facing him one on one, the battle is over before it starts. Unfortunately, a powerhouse like Mxy is in the one life category ....

Not sure what the solution is, but I agree that's a problem.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM
...has moist legs

He's got a beef with the design, and I think most of it isn't warranted. Yes, the crow reduces defense for a theme thing. I thought it's pretty clear that a demonic bird in your face screws you up. The first power seems perfectly clear to me. Yeah, it needs the last power to compliment it, but I doubt we'll reuse these powers, so I'm fine with them being symbiotic like that. We've had more powerful double attacks, so yeah.

I like the suggestion of adding the "attacking figure's turn" when moving the marker.

And I see what you're saying about the game being instantly over with a 1 life figure, but Mad Hatter can end the game just as easily sometimes, too. Mxy is a problem though, especially since he can't take wounds normally either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
Here's a new design! Another non-traditional hero, but he's pretty awesome. Watch the movie.

Quote:
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC DRAVEN

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVENANT
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 185?

SET THE WRONG THINGS RIGHT
Start the game with one black Crow marker on an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. Whenever one of your figures is destroyed by an opponent’s Unique or Event Hero, and the Crow Marker is on this card, you may place the Crow marker on the opponent’s hero's army card. Any figure besides The Crow with the Crow Marker on its card rolls one fewer defense die.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Crow attacks, he may attack one additional time.

LIVE FOR VENGEANCE
While your Crow marker is on another Army Card, The Crow will not take any wounds. If the figure with your Crow marker on its card receives 1 or more wounds from an attacking figure, after that figure’s turn, place your Crow marker on this card. While your Crow marker is on this card and The Crow receives 1 or more wounds from an opponent’s attack, roll the 20-sided die. On a 1-4, or if The Crow is destroyed, remove your Crow marker from the game.
This has got problems.

Start the game with one black Crow marker on an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. (The marker starts on an opponent's card??? If that is correct, probably need to say it like: Crow starts the game with one Crow marker. Before/after placing OM's, select one opponent's Unique or Event Hero Army Card and place the marker...) Whenever one of your figures is destroyed by an opponent’s Unique or Event Hero, and the Crow Marker is on this (Does 'this' refer to Crow's card?? or the card you started with the marker on?? If it refers to Crow's card, how did it get there since it started the game on somebody else's card?? I realize that it explains it down below, but when you are reading this for the first time, it's not clear. Ideally it would be sort of chronological.) card, you may place the Crow marker on the opponent’s hero's army card (Which opponent's Hero's army card?? The one that started the game with the marker? The one that destroyed your figure? Any opponent's hero's army card??). Any figure besides The Crow with the Crow Marker on its card rolls one fewer defense die. (I haven't seen the movie...why does the marker make the figure less able to defend itself?)

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Crow attacks, he may attack one additional time. (Double attack with Range 5 and Attack 4 or 5 or even 6 seems super powerful).

LIVE FOR VENGEANCE
While your Crow marker is on another Army Card, The Crow will not take any wounds (How does one play this? Crow can't be attacked? Crow rolls all shields? What if it's d20 based? And I guess the only way to disable this is to attack your own figure and wound it or send it out to receive wounds. But the owner of The Crow will avoid attacking that figure because he wants his Crow to remain invincible). If the figure with your Crow marker on its card receives 1 or more wounds from an attacking figure, after that figure’s turn (the "after the turn" clause adds complexity to a power that already has lots going on. Just move the marker immediately after a wound like you would with an Equipment Glyph. Or if you really want to keep it as is so Crow can get the defense reduction on both attacks, say, "...after the attacking figure's turn place your Crow marker..."), place your Crow marker on this card. While your Crow marker is on this card and The Crow receives 1 or more wounds from an opponent’s attack, roll the 20-sided die. On a 1-4, or if The Crow is destroyed, remove your Crow marker from the game.

Crow with a whole bunch of weaker squad figures seems like a good build. Use the squad figures to tie up the opponents' heroes so that they have to keep killing figures to move. Then Crow can keep replacing the marker on them after blasting them with a height advantaged + defense reduced + ranged double attack. Or he can just walk right in there and wipe out everything else since he's invincible. All Crow has to do is not attack the guy with the marker. Now the opponent has to attack his own figure to get the marker off and make Crow "vincible."

So Crow is a double attacker with a fairly high base attack + range + he's invincible much of the game + he reduces opponents' figures' defense while he is double attacking them + Crow's only weakness is he might lose the Crow marker permanently (and anything related to being Undead, so...Blade??). This guy is a screamin' deal at 185. I think the ideas here are fun and interesting for gameplay, but the power texts need a bit of a rewrite, and I don't think the cost is consistent with the power level.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

If we changed Live For Vengence to will not take wounds from an attack that should get around Mr M's issue, will solve all others though?
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wasn't his Attack at 3 before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM

I'd just make the first power only affect Unique Heroes and not Event Heroes. I don't mind such a powerful affect against 1 life unique heroes (since it mostly means you already wounded them that much). But I'd like to take Mxy out of the mix, and I think that's the best way to do it.

Old November 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Wasn't his Attack at 3 before?
I updated that a while ago; I stated it when I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd just make the first power only affect Unique Heroes and not Event Heroes. I don't mind such a powerful affect against 1 life unique heroes (since it mostly means you already wounded them that much). But I'd like to take Mxy out of the mix, and I think that's the best way to do it.
Good idea. He's pretty useless against Events, then, but that's a minor thing.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
...has moist legs

Alright, so here's what I think we were working on. Cutting out the Event Hero bit, and I fiddled with the wording so it's clearer. This way he can be attacked, but just won't take any wounds. That way Dr. Strange and the like can still screw with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC DRAVEN

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVENANT
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 185?

Start the game with one black Crow marker on an opponent's Unique
or Event Hero. Whenever one of your figures is destroyed by a normal or special attack by an opponent’s Unique or Event Hero, and the Crow Marker is on this card, you may place the Crow marker on the opponent’s hero's army card. Any figure besides The Crow with the Crow Marker on its card rolls one fewer defense die.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Crow attacks, he may attack one additional time.

LIVE FOR VENGEANCE
While your Crow marker is on another Army Card, if The Crow is attacked, he will not take wounds. If the figure with your Crow marker on its card receives 1 or more wounds from an attacking figure, after that figure’s turn, place your Crow marker on this card. While your Crow marker is on this card and The Crow receives 1 or more wounds from an opponent’s attack, roll the 20-sided die. On a 1-4, or if The Crow is destroyed, remove your Crow marker from the game.

Last edited by Lord Pyre; December 3rd, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If he can be wounded by other means I think it'd be more fun (and more succinct) to just have him vulnerable to wounding while the marker is on his card.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM

For Set the Wrong Things Right, I'd like to see you specify that the figure gets destroyed by a normal or special attack (for reasons stated earlier in the thread).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library